Christopher Tye's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By wavrunnr

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's the LONG version of how his birthday went down:

On the morning of May 24th, I woke up to find bloody show. Nothing else was different though and I told my DH to go in to work (he had been working from home for 2 weeks) that day. He left at 7am and I got my oldest DD ready for school. After taking her to school at 8am, I came back and vacuumed the main floor of the house, still not feeling any different. Then I went upstairs and had a shower. After my shower, I put away some laundry while DD2 played upstairs with me. At 9:45am I squatted down to pick up a bath toy on our bathroom floor and my water broke. It was a huge gush! This had never happened to me before. I first called my Mom since she had a 1.5 hr car ride to the hospital. Then called DH. After that I wish I had a video of myself because I'm sure it would be hilarious to watch now -- I ran around the house, getting things together for the hospital, like a mad woman with a towel wrapped between my legs because I was still leaking everywhere.

By 10:15am, DD2 and I arrived at DD1's school to pick her up. I couldn't leave her there because there would be noone close enough to pick her up and and bring her to the hospital besides me. By the time I got there, some teachers at the school had already worked it out so one would drive my van while another followed to bring her back (when I went into labor with DD2, I ran into the same issue with having to pick up DD1 on my own and someone drove me that time too---it's been a running joke ever since....so it was super funny to be happening again). I almost refused the ride because I wasn't really having contractions then, but I'm glad I took her up on the offer because on the 30 min ride to the hospital my contractions started kicking in at every 4 mins....and they were painful.

By 11am I was at the hospital, hooked up, and having very painful contractions every 3 mins. They checked me and I was at 4cm. Then baby's heart rate took a dive to the 60s and stayed there WAY too long. Alarms were going off, nurses were rushing in and frantically calling my OB. Baby's heart rate did it 2 more times and by the time my OB got there, we had both already decided that I should go for the csection and not the vbac. At that point, it was FINE with me because those drops in the heart rate were SCARY!!!

The staff quickly changed gears and bumped other csections that were about to happen in order for us to go back immediately. Thankfully my Mom arrived around noon to take the girls so that DH could go back with me. Everything happened so quickly after we decided to go the csection route.

The dr had trouble placing the spinal, for some reason. I ended up having 2-3 contractions while he was doing that. I had a csection with DD2 and it was a breeze (easy cs....easy recovery)....so I wasn't nervous whatsoever. However, this cs turned out a little different. Once they had me open, they were trying to get his head out. Apparently at that point, he was already trying to go down the birth canal and they had a hard time getting his head out. The nurse who was in charge of pushing down on the top of belly was pushing soooooo hard I seriously thought she was going to break a few of my bottom ribs. I honestly got scared. After LOTS of pushes, his head finally popped out and the OB pulled him out. They told DH to announce the baby's sex. When DH said, "It's a boy" I seriously about lost it! I was 90% sure that the baby was a girl....and when he said BOY I burst into tears! It was tears of PURE JOY!! As they were cleaning baby up, testing his scores, and putting me back together, I just cried and kept saying, "I can't believe it.....a boy.....I have a son." That was the greatest and most wonderful surprise of my life. My DH filmed the birth (is that weird? haha) and every time I watch it (it's not gross to see at all to me....is that weird?? haha) I cry again every time.

Christopher Tye was born at 1:01pm....7lbs 9oz.....20 inches long.

Once we left the OR and went into the recovery room, I immediately tried nursing him and he took to it instantly (just like my other 2 kiddos). I was so thankful for that. He's been BFing great ever since......and when we left the hospital he had only lost 4oz.

My girls were overjoyed to meet baby Chris.....and I'm still amazed that my DH was able to keep such a HUGE secret about Chris' sex this whole time.

There's a lot of pictures and such on my blog, if you're interested. I update it daily. ::: Reames Ramblings ::: Just sign up to view it.

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!

Last edited by wavrunnr; May 28th, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
May 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Jasmine.'s Avatar Mommy to Kay & Kennedy!
Great story! Congrats on finally getting a little boy!

May 29th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again, Glenna! Such a great story, I can't wait for DH to be able to announce the sex of our baby He is a cutie!!

May 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful story! I cried reading the part where you found out he was a boy! lol

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014TEAM PINK!!

May 29th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! I totally forgot that your DH new the sex this whole time!!

May 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Super Mommy
Wow what a story! Congrats on your son!
May 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
Aw! That is a great story, Glenna. I'm so happy that you all finally got your boy. Love the pictures on your blog, too. You have a beautiful family!

May 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Awww reading about your emotions makes me feel emotional. That's a great story. And having sorta kept up with some of it on facebook made it so easy for me to connect to it too. <3

May 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i love this! i totally cried when you talked about him announcing the sex. you make me laugh about running around like a crazy lady and picking DD1 up haha. sounds like something i would do!
May 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it - I am so happy he is here safe and sound

May 29th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Mommy-to-2's Avatar Veteran
awesome story!! congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search