Mom's night out

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By quietsong
  • 2 Post By woohoo502

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 05:28 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Have you done one?
Do you plan to try...and at what age?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 1st, 2012, 04:19 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
dh and I play pool on Friday nights while my parents watch him. Aside from working that is the extent of our alone time. dh is very sensitive about doing things without him. If he can't go, we don't go

I don't get mommy time...lol
June 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went out for supper one night with a bunch of gals from work. That's the only night out I've had so far. I think that needs to happen more often. lol

June 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Sarai1983's Avatar Bonus Mom w/ a Baby Bump
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarai1983
DH and I went on a date, but I don't really have any girl friends... so no need for a mommies night out.
June 2nd, 2012, 02:16 AM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to a bridal shower once... That's it! LOL. Typically I just take the baby with me since she's still little and laid back.
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
June 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't do mommy time very often unless it's running to the grocery store without the kids while daddy watches them lol DH and I only went anywhere without the big kids maybe 3-4 times a year before Haevyn came, and since her we haven't done anything without her .. and probably I won't until she's about 2.

June 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to the ballet with my SIL in early May, which was great. I'm about due for another little outing. I firmly believe that Mama needs some time to herself to be the best mom possible.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
June 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I don't have many - aka, I have one - girl friend too, Sarai! I did get out the other day for a choir dinner...I'm in my church choir, and we did a dinner for the end of the season since we take a summer break. It was nice, and while I can't see myself doing that sort of thing often, I'd like to every now and then!

Tasia, DH and I are the same. We would go out a tiny number of times through the year without the boys, but never when they were babies. Maybe next year if there's a REALLY good movie...but more likely it'll be the year after that when we start to do it again.
Dizzi likes this.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have many girlfriends at all, and when we do get together it's always with the kids so they can play together and we can see each other. DH and I have only been on 2 "dates" since DS1 was born almost 6 years ago. We went to dinner and a movie for our anniversary shortly before DS1 turned 1, and we went to dinner for Mother's Day 2 days before DD was born. It would be nice to do things either alone or with DH more often, but I have a super hard time leaving the kids without feeling guilty.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just did a girl's night with my best friend last night. I left after Zachary was asleep and was back before his first night feeding. DH and I have gone out a couple of times with friends as well. We have been out WAY more than when Zoe was a baby. I think the first time I left her was with DH when she was almost 3 months old to go to my work Christmas party.

I have to leave him tomorrow too. I still need to finish packing up my classroom and then I am going to partake in the end of school year festivities for a bit. I've been having a really hard time being at home, so being able to get out a bit by myself has helped me.
luvmykids623 and MissLoki like this.

June 3rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one friend who happens to be my best friend. She lives over an hour away so we try to get together as a girls day once every two months or so. I belong to the moms club for my town but haven't really hit it off with any of the moms. They are nice but not the type that I would like to go have drinks with (they're a little uppity). Dh and I have been going out quite a bit since Mason was born. We go out at least twice a month on a date. When I had Ethan, we didn't go out on dates until he was 6 months old and then again when he was about 15 months. My parents love watching our kids so it's easy going out with dh. I just hate leaving the kids. I always miss them so much so we limit our date nights.

June 3rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I have yet to have a "moms day out". When my husband and I go out, 99% of the time we take our daughter with us. We maybe go out to dinner or a movie alone once every few months

Team Pink!

June 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Chelbell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had dinner with my girlfriends a couple of times, but DH works second shift so I brought both of the kids with me. I haven't been away from Zachary for more than a few hrs since he was born. Dh and I are planning an over night out downtown at the end of June. It's time to cut the cord, lol!
Chelsey, mom to Jaxon(3), Zachary(1), and expecting #3 11/11/13

June 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a movie and restaurant date with my SO and one evening out with a girlfriend. Else we bring him with us everywhere.

June 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
Nope, I'm of the belief that if my children can't go, I don't go generally, dh is the same way. Only exception would be if like we had to go to a funeral or one of us was in the hospital having surgery or something like that, that was a totally kid inappropriate thing. I think we've had maybe 4 of those things total in my Monte's whole 5 1/2yrs, Haven't had it in Casey's yet. Longest I've been away from him was the 10 mintues my mom watched him (sleep, lol) while I ran to the PO for work.

I have about 3 good girl friends but they all have kids too, so we just get together and let the kids play.
June 8th, 2012, 09:49 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No time away from baby yet but our anniversary is coming up soon, so Im hoping maybe we can get away for at least a couple hours alone

June 15th, 2012, 04:29 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I went to bingo with my mum and sister last Friday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search