Thrifty Thursday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 04:30 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I am ridiculously cheap...especially when it comes to baby clothes. Don't get me wrong, I love cute baby clothes, and my son dresses well, but I hate to spend a lot of money on onesies that he will be able to wear for maybe 3 months, tops. So I bargain shop like made, checking consignment, coupons, sales, and I have a price in my head that I try not to go over per onesie/outfit.

What type of shopper are you?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 31st, 2012, 09:01 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I shop thrift stores, consignment and clearance (and I mean deep clearance...like 80-90% 0ff)
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 31st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Super Mommy
I'm always about garage sales, thrift stores, etc. It's a little harder for me being overseas though. I have found some really good deals on some super cute Gymboree stuff on Ebay. I also shop clearance a lot.

I don't think any of Charlotte's clothes were bought full-price.

May 31st, 2012, 12:45 PM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
walmart--$3.25 onsies.....LOL

I will buy a few cute things from BRU if they tickle my fancy (like the Carter's Rockstart baby collection) but eh he stays home most of the time with Grandma or my parents so it's not like he has to dress to impress. I'm still pretty picky about what he wears out and about though.

His grandma caught the Kohl's winter sales and bought a ton of 18month clothes--mostly sweatshirts for like 0.50 or 1.00. When he's 18 months it will be August.In.South.Carolina. Only one of the hottest f'n months we have....LOL Oh well it's the thought that counts I guess
May 31st, 2012, 08:54 PM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never pay full price. I don't do used normally, but I am using my last sons clothes on Reece. I'm weird about germs. I'm a coupon user for sure. They grow so fast why spend so much??

June 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've splurged some. I spent $45 on a dress I fell in love with from The Gap. Fancy, so she's only worn it once and I will probably only get a couple more wears out of it.

I justify it by the fact that we've barely bought anything else. We had newborn-3 month neutral clothes from DS, some gifts, and a HUGE box of hand-me-downs from a friend!
June 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get some stuff from garage sales and some at walmart or shopko. Most of Paige's clothes though either my parents or Dh's parents got for her.

June 2nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Once Upon a Child. Otherwise I love a bargain and head to clearance racks. I'd still bargain shop even if I were filthy rich. =)
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
June 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love me yard sales and thrift stores!

I got a brand new 7 person coleman tent for $5 today at a yard sale. $5 exersaucer

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

June 3rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I splurge on something full price every now and then, but most of it is definitely cheap. I used to do a lot of Once Upon a Child, but ours has gotten...not so great about pricing. The last time I was in there, I found a couple outfits new with tags, and they were actually selling them for MORE than the price that was on the tag from the original store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz38 View Post
His grandma caught the Kohl's winter sales and bought a ton of 18month clothes--mostly sweatshirts for like 0.50 or 1.00. When he's 18 months it will be August.In.South.Carolina. Only one of the hottest f'n months we have....LOL Oh well it's the thought that counts I guess
Ha! My mom has done this too. I have a stash of heavy fleece sleepers in 6 month upstairs. Never mind that he's in 6m now, and it's like a hundred degrees out there. But it was a good deal!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 3rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am most definitely a bargain shopper. I do thrift stores, clearance, and anything else I buy must be on sale. I very, very, very rarely buy anything full price.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search