Little Swimmers?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do your babies like the water? Have they gone "swimming"?

J has "swimming lessons" every Friday, he LOVES the water, and I LOVE the place.

Share a water pic!

June 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
My pedi said to avoid chlorinated pools until 6 months - not to mention, I'd be bonkers to try to go to a public pool with a 3 month old, a dev delayed 4 year old that can't hear in the pool, and a 5 year old that can't swim yet...all by myself! Andrew seriously loves the tub though, so once the big boys go back to school I definitely plan on hitting the pool with just him.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah that would be difficult! Haha. I have heard differing opinions on that but the class he is in is specifically for babies under 6 months and my friend also took his kids there. It is a tiny pool, kept around 90, and they have this little area after they get out where you can shower them in clean water right away, plus the class is <30 mins.

June 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Anden loves water! I've been to the pool when hubby can come so he can chase the older two. Our local pool is kind of crummy and way too cold so we go when we're out of town.
June 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah, that would be totally different if they had a specific pool for it, Kelsey! We don't have any places that offer <6mo swim, it's all in the big pools that the general public use, and that are colder. There is a 6m-18m infant class that I may do, I'm stilld eciding if I want to do a class or if I just want to take him myself whenever.

June 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, another great thing about this place is that <6M classes, once a week, is FREE! They try to get you hooked to pay for the next level class, and they totally have! Lol

June 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM
Oh man!! I wish, I'd totally do free classes. The 6m+ ones are like $50 for the session, but I haven't calculated out the cost of going swimming that many times on our own vs doing the class. Eric still hates to get his face in the water (which is why he isn't swimming - every time we've tried classes, it's been a huge block in the road), and Danny...well, swimming has been low on the list of things to teach him, plus I have NO idea how to do it when he can't hear me. I am determined to have Andrew better in the water as a younger age!

June 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In fl it is imperative for them to learn how to swim. Mine are all waterbugs. I can handle two toddlers, but haven't taken the new baby in yet. I wait til 3 mos or so, depending when in the year they are born. Petra loves her bath though. So, she will likely follow everyone else's footsteps and be a waterbug too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search