Jaxson's Arrival (fast induction, no pain meds)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By imdawn
  • 1 Post By Beachbabies
  • 1 Post By Twhylite21
  • 1 Post By mrs_zipre
  • 1 Post By *Jillian*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
This is a long one! I wrote it for my journal, so it is a little long-winded I even tried to edit...

Well, Monday, June 4, arrived, but Jaxson had not. We got into the L & D room and went over our birth plan with our nurse. She was very agreeable and willing to do whatever she could to help us get what we hoped for (as natural as possible). She put in the heplock, which hurt like heck. Jason also said it was quite a bloody mess and the nurse said she didn’t do them very often. But, I wouldn’t have to be hooked to a tube all day!

By about 7:45 a.m. , Dr. came in. I asked if he could break my water to get things going, rather than starting Pitocin right away. So he checked me and I was dilated to a 4! At my last appointment I was 1-2 and 80%. So already, I was getting good news. Dr. went ahead and broke my water. Then they monitored me for about 20 minutes to make sure the baby tolerated it. I could feel the contractions start. They were very mild and not really timeable yet. After monitoring, the nurse checked me again and I was at a 5. I was so excited that things were already moving along! So then, she unhooked me from the monitors and I started walking laps in the room.

Contractions were definitely coming but weren’t strong at all. I was talking with Jason right through them. We were updating family and friends and watching TV. My mom was going to be there for the hard laboring and birth, but she was still waiting at work for the time being.

At 9, the nurse hooked me back up for 20 minutes of monitoring. Everything was looking good, so she let me back up until 10, when she would check me again. So I went back to walking. The contractions started getting strong enough for me to stop talking and focus when they came. Jason was timing and they moved from 4 minutes apart, to 3, and then to 2. They were lasting about a minute. So when 10 came around, I was optimistic.

She checked me and I was still a 5. She said we would have to start Pitocin. So she monitored for 20 minutes, then started the Pitocin. I know at some point she checked me again because she thought I might be progressing. I want to say it was around 11 and I was still only at 5 cm.

The contractions started getting stronger and more painful. I was able to move around some, but couldn’t walk around anymore. I moved from the ball, to the bed, to standing. It was also around this time that we called my mom to come.

By about 11:30, I thought I was feeling some pressure. I thought that was weird since it hadn’t really been long since I was last checked. I went ahead and called the nurse, so she came to check me a few minutes later. I was 7-8! She said she would go ahead and call Dr. Lehnert to let him know. She also asked if it was okay to let the girls come in to start getting their stuff ready. By the time they came in to start that, I was really struggling with the contractions. I would hold on to the bed, plant my head against the side rails and moan.

Suddenly, I knew I had to push. I started full out screaming and couldn’t help but to push. Everything was happening so fast. Then I was yelling, “He’s coming. I have to push!” The nurses were rushing around and said, “We can catch this baby if we need to. The doctor is on his way, but you do what you need to do.” I was pushing, all right! I could feel he was crowning already. Dr. walked in right as they were getting me into the stirrups and I was still pushing. I was also full out screaming. I was just so shocked that I really had no self-control. I was out of my head. But I heard everyone saying if you just push, he will be here. So I did. I stopped yelling and put everything into a good push, and Jaxson’s head came out. I didn’t really stop pushing and his body came out right after. He was so beautiful! One of the first things I said, was he’s so tiny! Jason cut the cord. Jaxson was finally here at 11:42 a.m., just about 4 hours after starting the induction.

They put him on my chest right away to warm up. His first APGAR was a 9. Then they took him to weigh him and get his second APGAR and gave him a 10. He weighed in at 7 pounds 5 ounces. Healthy boy!

Then he came to me and we nursed for about an hour and a half. We also joked about how I probably scared the crap out of every woman within a 3 mile radius. There was also a paramedic student observing the birth. I heard one of the nurses comment to him afterwards that if he ever did a delivery, that this is how it would be – no epidural. Jason said the poor guy looked terrified. My mom also didn’t get to make it for the delivery. She was waiting outside the door and heard everything, but the door was locked, so she couldn’t get in. She said she probably would have made it if a guy hadn’t cut her off and caused her to have to drive around the block.

I really could not have asked for a better birth experience or a more amazing little boy. I am so happy to be a family of four!
mrs_zipre likes this.

June 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Way to go mama! I'm so glad your little guy is here and you got the experience you wanted. I can't wait to see pictures of Jaxson
imdawn likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great birth story!! I am so happy the induction went well and you got the NCB you wanted still!!
imdawn likes this.

June 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I am so happy for you Dawn. Your story brought tears to my eyes.
imdawn likes this.

June 9th, 2012, 10:06 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
What a great story! I'm so happy for you!!
imdawn likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search