Amiah Grace's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 11:36 AM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was scheduled for my c-section on June 8th and the day before was filled with anxiety and excitement. We had Vacation Bible School that day so that kept us busy for half of the day. That afternoon I had my hair washed, trimmed, and styled for the big day. We had to be up at 4:00 am on the 8th and I just wanted to take my bath and not worry about fixing my hair. My MIL and mom came up that night to stay with our kiddos and to be there for the big day. Surprisingly, I slept pretty well but woke up before my alarm went off.

After my alarm went off I ran my nice bubble bath and while I soaked I did my devotion and asked God to help me not be so anxious and scared for another c-section. We packed up and were on our way. When we got the hospital there were two others in front of us checking in. The labor & delivery floor is divided into 3 sections. Nicu, vaginal birth wing, and c-section wing. We were taken back to our room where I was prepped with my I.V. and met the anesthisioligist, who was super nice. My mom, dad, MIL, Mason and Kalia showed up about 30 minutes before they took me back. We took some pictures and tried to relax as best as we could.

Close to 7, they wheeled me back to the OR and did there thing and brought my husband back. Surgery went well and it was an amazing sound hearing her cry. The feeling that comes over you when you first hear and see your baby is surreal. She wsa born at 0722 and weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and 18 inches long. She came out crying but she was having to work at it and she had a lot of fluid still in her which is normal for c-section babies. They decided to take her to transition and monitor her for a bit. My husband went with her so I went by myself to recovery. At first I was fine since I was kind of out of it. But after another couple came in to recovery with there baby it made me somewhat sad. By that time, my mom came back to sit with me. I felt much better after that.

I was wheeled back to recovery around 8 and they brought Amiah to me close to 11. Around 12, I was able to go upstairs to my room for the duration of my stay and that is where everyone was able to come up and finally meet Amiah. At this time, my brother, SIL, and nephew had made it up and my room was full of people. It was nice but after a while it was getting quite noisy. They decided to grab some lunch. After they left, a few nurses came in and gave me a Halo Swaddle sleep sack and explained that they were giving them away to all the new mother's whose baby had been born that day. They explained that a year ago, her son was born, but had passed away 5 months after his birth due to SIDS.

Channel 4 news was doing a special on SIDS and sleep sacks and asked if I would be willing to be interviewed for the special. I agreed. They came about an hour later and it aired later that evening. I hope to get the link up soon.

Because recovery was pretty fast, and I was miserable sleeping in the hospital bed, I was allowed to go home two days after Amiah's birth as opposed to 3. She is now 6 days old and recovery has been a bit rough but I am feeling better each day. Today being somewhat back to my normal self and not having to take medicine every 4 hours on the dot.

Amiah is doing great with the nursing and Kalia loves looking at her all the time.

June 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a beautiful girl! Glad you are starting to feel better and that Amiah is doing so well!!

June 15th, 2012, 12:24 AM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
So glad that every thing went well.
June 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww, glad everything went great!!!
Boy (5)
Boy (3)
Girl (12.24.14)
Unplanned home birth on Christmas Eve 2014
Delivered by her daddy

June 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Anxious New Mommy
Can't wait for you to post the news piece! How cool!

June 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad that you're feeling better and recovery is a little speedier for you! I think it's awesome that you got your hair all "did" the day before your c-section!

June 29th, 2012, 04:11 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
When they take away your baby after delivery for any reason, it does suck, but it is nice to have somebody there to be with you too .

Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search