Julian Lloyd's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MrsMommyDtobe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had already been in early labor starting at 30 weeks. Baby’s head was way down low and the doctor could feel his head. Luckily I wasn’t dilated yet, but I had been having contractions 3 minutes apart. That got me 2 visits to the hospital to stop the contractions and 5 weeks of bed rest. Daddy had joked that baby really wanted to come out in time for opening day of baseball 
After 5 weeks of bed rest, my little boy decided to stick around inside mommy for a while yet! But on Memorial Day weekend I started to lose a lot of my mucous plug and had lots of cramping. We thought for sure that was going to be it, but 24 hours later everything stopped. I saw the doctor and I was just 1 cm dilated. A whole week went by and on Monday, June 4 I thought my water broke or was leaking. We went to see the doctor to have it checked and it was not amniotic fluid. But, since we were there and Dr. Jayne really wanted us to have the baby on Tuesday because she was on call, she asked if she could strip my membranes. We said sure why not. So she did and she also said that my bag of waters was bulging and begging to be broken. My instructions were that if I had any sign of labor at all, to come in to the hospital on Tuesday and she would just break my water to get me going so we could have the baby that day.
That night we did lots of walking and planning. We were actually planning the following day. Oh we’d both go vote, stop at a few stores and THEN go to the hospital when we felt like it. HA were we dreaming! I started having contractions that night already and they were somewhat close together, certainly enough to go to the hospital per my doctor, but we didn’t want to go in yet! So I ignored them and went to bed. Sometime during the night I woke up feeling like I had to go to the bathroom really bad, it hurt. I got out of bed and felt a small “pop” and then felt a gush. Uh-oh! TJ woke up right away and asked what was going on. I said I think my water broke… Went downstairs to the bathroom and sure enough, I was leaking all right. Then I went to the computer to look online to see what time the polls opened. I knew it was early in the morning because I could hear the birds chirping so I hoped I would be able to get to the polls! Polls opened at 7:00… I went back upstairs to let hubby know that it was indeed my water, I checked my phone to see what time it was and it was 4:00 am. Crap. The first thing I said was, “I’m not going to be able to vote!” But I was still hopeful. I decided to take a shower while hubby started to get things ready. While in the shower, contractions started to get pretty bad and very close together. When I got out I told him that we were going to have to get going ASAP. We finished packing the bags, said good bye to the dog and hit the road. While in the car, I was having bad contractions and tried timing them, some were 2 minutes apart some closer, some a little bit farther. Hubby had the hazard lights on and drove 100mph to the hospital. I did not know at the time how fast he was going! It’s normally a 25 minute drive there, we got there in 16 minutes. I was checked in at 5:00am.
The two nurses checking me in annoyed me. They asked what my pain was on a scale of 1 to 10 and I said it was a 10. They were like, “hate to tell you this, but it’s only going to get worse”. Oh screw you. At this point my pain is a 10 because it’s worse than any I’ve had. Sigh. When they checked me, I was a good 3 cm and baby’s head was even lower than the day before. At this point contractions were getting VERY bad and unbearable for me. I said a big YES to the epidural question and they called an anesthesiologist. What they didn’t tell me at the time was that they didn’t have one in the building and had to call him at home, out of bed. It took forever. They kept telling me that he was on his way up and had to get his cart ready blah blah blah. I was in awful pain. Dh was great and kept telling me I was doing good which I argued that I was not! Finally 2 hours later the lovely Tom came in to save the day. I can’t believe I was ever scared of getting the epidural. The IV hurt worse, the contractions hurt worse! I didn’t feel anything that he was doing, it was amazing. Right after I got the epi, they checked me again and I was 8-9cm so they called my doc who was already on her way. When she got there, she was all excited to see us, we all got what we wanted! She got me pushing almost right after she got there. I was so nervous since it was my first time, but she said I did great. I sort of enjoyed pushing, in a weird way. It wasn’t so bad, I mean it hurt at moments, but not like the contractions did. And it was a good feeling knowing that I was pushing my baby out. I pushed for about an hour. DH was awesome. He really surprised me with how great he was. I mean, I was just worried about him because he’s not good with blood and gross stuff so I worried he might pass out. He was awesome. I will never forget the experience. So the baby was getting closer and closer and doc had me doing 4 pushes during one contraction and finally his head got there. I could feel his shoulders trying to come out too. And then doc said to just give a small push. I did and then she said “open your eyes and look at your baby” and there he was. They put him on my chest right away, he screamed a bit and wow was I in love. The first things I said was “look how cute he is!” LOL And then, “he’s so perfect!” I said those things over and over, I was so taken aback by what a perfect miracle we had made. It was amazing. My water broke at 4:00 am and Julian was born at 9:10 am. He was 6lbs 12 ounces and 19” long. My sweet boy!
Celry, ollybgolly and Nebula like this.

June 21st, 2012, 08:31 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, I teared up reading this!! There is just nothing better than the first time you see them. It's like that with every baby.

Loved your story!!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

June 25th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! Congrats

July 3rd, 2012, 03:20 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I feel like I'm having deja vu cuz I think the no time to vote thing was discussed elsewhere

I HATE the pain scale. I HATE it.

July 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
What a great birth. I'm so glad it was a good experience for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search