meet our daughter, Zoey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mommy-to-2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Mommy-to-2's Avatar Veteran
at my 39 week appointment (Fri. June 1), I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. My doctor ask me if I wanted to set up a date for the next week (40 weeks) to be induced, if not he would definately set up a date for the week after (41 weeks). I told him I wanted to wait and just see if she comes on her own. When I got home from my dr appointment I realized had Zoey's newborn pictures schedualed for June 12! I schedualed them back in February, this girl gets booked FAST! I couldnt rescheduale pictures so I decided I would go ahead and get induced just to be sure she was here before picture time! I was schedualed to be induced Wed, June 6.

We got to the hospital at 6:30am, got checked and into a room. The girl in the next room over was WAILING so loud DH and I just had to laugh, it was so funny, she sounded like she was singing really bad opera. The nurse ask did it scare me, I said oh no, I've done this before!

So I get in my bed and get all hooked up to the IV, and was able to nap a little. My mom gets to the hospital at about 8, she is my labor coach/ support along with DH. Dr makes his rounds about 8:30, checks me, i'm at a 3 and 50%. Dr tries to break my water but it will not break, he thinks he may have snagged it a little and thinks it will break on it's own. They start my pitocin and tell me I can have my epidural whenever I'm ready. I wait it out a little but then decide I want it before the pain gets too bad. I loved the anesthesiologist, he was so nice and funny, tried to keep me relaxed and calm. One I get my epidural I'm good for a while, just waiting around for things to change. Dr comes back in around lunch and i'm at a 5, my water finally broke on it's own (that was so gross, I hated feeling the gushes) but they tell me Zoey is turned sideways and she is laying my my side, not coming straight down like she should be. They try to do an internal monitor because her heart rate would drop with each contraction, but it wasnt working. They ended up having me lay shoulders down belly and legs to the side (they called it the pretzel). I got a little emotional and was in pain and started crying, my nurse was so sweet, I loved her! She made me even more emotional because she could tell I was upset and she just said, it's ok, we're gonna get you a baby soon. I just started balling!

I stayed at a 5/6 for HOURS!!!!

By this time I really dont know what happened when...but...
when I got to an 8 I was in extreme pain, I could feel every contraction and it hurt bad! My teeth were chattering, I was xtremely hot (even though I had them turn the air down to like 55!!), and I was shaking the bed rails durring every contraction. The nurse had the anesthesiologist come in and he could tell it wasnt working so he upped the dose and waiting there a while, I was still in pain. He pretty much ran out of the room and came back in with a syringe of something and shot it in my IV. I pretty much felt relief instantly, i dont know what he gave me but it WORKED!!

I started feeling like i needed to push so I had my mom get the nurse, she checked me and i was dilated to a 9 and could prob be stretched to a 10, and 100% effaced. she said if I wanted to push I could push so I did, I pushed through about 5 contractions and with the last one she told me stop and she ran out the door to get the doctor because her head was coming out. I started hollering for them to hurry, I had to push NOW. The doctor came in and started putting on all his stuff to deliver her. I kept asking my mom why they were going so slow, she told me they are going as fast as they can.
Doctor is finally ready and tells me to push, two good pushes and her head is out. He tells me not to push anymore because the cord is wapped tight around her neck, He is able to slowly cut it off and the blood splatters everywhere! One more push and she is OUT!! As soon as I see her I start balling crying, she was absolutly beautiful!! They take her to get cleaned up and weighed then I get to my precious baby girl. Zoey Elowynn was born June6, 2012 at 10:04pm, weighing 7lbs 13oz and 20in long.

ollybgolly likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is so beautiful!!! I'm glad they were able to get her to come down the right way and everything went smooth!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

June 22nd, 2012, 12:19 AM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
She is adorable!! So glad that every thing went well.
June 25th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing! What a great story and she is perfect!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search