Who all is still breast-feeding??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM
ericab's Avatar Veteran
How many of you guys are still breast-feeding?? I am and i am loving it, other than the not being able to diet any... and it is very hard for me to lose weight. But I am still doing it, and i'm not going to stop any time soon! How is it going for you guys???

Luke Anthony

7lbs 14oz 19.5 inches

Little Brother to Nolan Patrick
June 29th, 2012, 05:32 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
We are! Its going great. The only part I find harder is that he still nurses every 2 hrs during the day. But I love how quickly i can feed him when he wakes up at night. I feel like I dont even have to wake up fully do to it and 10 minutes later, I'm back in bed!

June 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
We are for sure I am thrilled to say my little guy has had no formula - no that o have anything against formula, but I set out to breastfeed all 3 of my kids and he's the first one it's worked out so well for! It's gotten nice and easy, he is very efficient. I plan on going at least a year and we'll see from there!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 30th, 2012, 04:19 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ME! EBF for almost 4 months.

I am with you Kel - This is the first of the 4 that I have EBF. I nursed DS#2 for 18 months but for the first month, I supplemented with formula.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

June 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
We are too. Unfortunately, she won't drink breastmilk from a bottle so when I'm away from her we have to give her formula (and this barely works. She's a boobie baby)

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

June 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
We do! Mason's pretty ehhh about bottles, and only takes them well from my mom (which works out since she's his teacher at PDO). We have no plans at the moment for giving him formula any time soon. The one time we did it horribly upset his tummy.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
June 30th, 2012, 02:49 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are still nursing here too. He recently got way better at it and it only takes about 10 minutes for him to eat. (This is down from 40-50 per feeding. I'm thrilled)

Is there a reason you can't try to lose weight while nursing? I am doing Weight Watchers and they have a nursing Mother's program. There are a few people in the PR who are doing it and having good results. I don't think anyone has had any problems with their supply or anything.

June 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
^ I've heard great things about WW while nursing, yes! I will probably give it a try...but after the summer, once my kids are back to school. Right now, things are just *way* too crazy. I also always have trouble losing weight while nursing, so I'm hoping it will help!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
ericab's Avatar Veteran
I have lost weight but very slowly and i'm working out almost everyday, and watching what I am eating. But i'm still having problems around my midsection and love handles. I actually just posted about it on my blog, yesterday.

ericastartwalking.com

Luke Anthony

7lbs 14oz 19.5 inches

Little Brother to Nolan Patrick
June 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still bf'ing but mainly I pump and she gets my milk in bottles. She's a super lazy eater and I got tired of lifting my shirt 150 times a day so I pump.

I supplemented a little formula her 1st month when she was starving and my supply hadn't caught up but now she's 100% BM. I'll continue as long as my supply does or a year.
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
June 30th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Veteran
That is why I have barely been able to get online Just now starting to pump and try to get her on the bottle. Not working so well yet. I'm sure she'll get used to it eventually so Mommy can have some independence
July 1st, 2012, 05:04 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
Still EBF here. He had like 3 oz of formula on day two in the hospital because a nurse pretty much pushed it on me in a really sneaky way - made me feel really guilty about how 'hungry' he was. But other than that, he gets a bottle of breast milk like once every few weeks when I need a little break and that's it. I'm sooooo proud of it, too.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
July 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are still 100% BFing.....zero supplementation!! I tried a couple of times to introduce a bottle of EBM......yeah...Liam was having none of it!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
July 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Believe it or not with all the trials I've gone through with this little girl, we are still doing it! I suppliment every so often, because her docs are watching her weight like hawks! I've been dairy free for 3 months UUUGG! But I love breastfeeding and am so thankful that we can continue.

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

July 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are! We supplemented for 10 weeks but we are EBF now. Doing well!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
July 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i do for the full am feeding only then rest is all pumped..i cant keep up with her

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
July 4th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
I'm 100% pumped, but its all mommy milk for bubba bear. We do cereal for breakfast and dinner as well.
July 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still breastfeeding here. I must have high calorie breastmilk because omg, Shane is BIG! He is such a chunky little guy lol. I'm sooo glad it worked out this time. I have 3 kids and only this babyhas been breastfed. It's an awesome experience and I plan on doing baby led weaning so whenever he's ready to stop that's when I'll stop but hopefully no time soon.
quietsong likes this.
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

July 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still am and it's going well!

This is #2 for me. With #1 I was able to get about 15 pounds below pre-pregnancy weight, without exercising or watching what I eat. This time, that's not happening. At least not yet. I can't remember what my status was at this poing last time. But I have a feeling the weight is not going to come off as easily. I just started a workout program, and I'm working on watching my sweets. It's tough.

I have to get it off, though. I have tons of pants I can't fit into!!
July 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
We are 100% bm now! I supplemented a little on top of bf'ing in the beginning when my milk was taking forever to come in, but she probably only had 2oz of formula total as she would only take 1/4oz every couple of feeding. I bf 75% of the time but she does take 3 bottles of BM 5 days a week while I'm at work.

I've been on the WW nursing mothers program for 5ish weeks and am about half a pound away from a 10 pound loss so far

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search