Kira Jean is here!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
Sorry that I wasn't able to update this sooner. I was scheduled for a C-Section on Wednesday (6-27-2012), and haven't really had access to a computer until now. This has been quite an eventful 4 days. It all started when I was admitted in the hospital Wednesday morning and got my IV and stuff. I'm not one who enjoys needles, however I have gotten better with them through the last 8 months or so

I was figuring they would give me something to help me sleep, no such luck. AND to make matters worse Kira was trying to turn into a head down position all night. DF and I spent much of the early morning watching my stomach and laughing. They started my IV's about an hour before the surgery, and I got the shot to calm my stomach (that stuff tastes NASTY UGH). When they got ready to take me down DF walked with us... I was SOOOO nervous. They took me into the recovery/preop area and had me sign the papers for the spinal. The anesthesiolgist ws awesome... I owe her soooo much because she did her best to keep me calm considering everything that happened. They were suppose to give me the spinal and then get DF in to be with me. Well I got the spinal and started freaking out... I was SOOO afraid it wouldn't work and I would feel some of the pain... they were suppose to let me know that they checked to make sure I didn't feel anything. My OB had me cut open before I, or the anesthesiolgist knew they had even checked me and DF still hadn't been let in the OR yet. That was issue number 1.

They got DF in to sit next to me... I was still freaking out... My blood pressure was something like 150/100 so they were working fast... everything was pretty fuzzy but I remember it feeling like it took forever. They finally said they got her... I waited, and waited... I heard nothing. Then the anesthesiologist said they got her all the way out... I waited... STILL nothing... I FINALLY heard her cry... and immediately started bawling... Sooo happy she was at least ok. From her being breech and so high up what they "thought" was a normal sized normal growing baby, she turned out to be an ity bity little thing. I heard her weight and almost fell off the table... we were expecting at LEAST 7 lbs... not 5.5 lbs. issues 2 & 3 check, check

They gave me some kind of nerve med to relax me since they knew on DF left with the baby I was NOT gonna be ok. I was conscious, but don't remember much about the rest of the surgery. I remember a little about the recovery area... 20 mins felt like 20 hours. They finally took me back up to the room and took me by the nursery first... they were working on Kira. Her heart rate kept dipping for no apparent reason, so once they got her temp up and got her stable they brought her in the room with us, hooked to the monitors, and every time the heartrate monitor would beep I'd freak out... it was a very LONG day. About 1:30 or so they took the baby back to the nursery for a while to let me rest and my mom and DF went home to nap for a bit, by the time I woke up and called for them to bring Kira to me she was off the monitors, but that was another scare.

I am very happy she is here, would I do it agin... in a heartbeat. I am just glad it's over and she & I are both safe and sound at home.

June 30th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Special_K's Avatar Veteran
Congrats! Glad everything turned out okay and your both doing well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search