In need of ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 11:01 AM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
Merrik loves rolling from his back to his front but hates being on his tummy. Like, really hates it. He will scream his head off after 30 seconds. Problem is that he cannot be put on his back without him rolling over immediately. It's making night time very complex. I've tried putting some positioning blocks on either side of him so he'll stay on his back but he somehow manages to scoot out of them and then roll over. I can wake up 6-7-8-9 times per night just to roll him onto his back (since he appears to have forgotten how to roll tummy to back ). He won't sleep on his tummy at all. I'm fast running out of ideas on how to deal with this.

Anybody had a problem similar to this? It really sucks because apart from that, he sleeps really good.

July 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Oh man, that does suck!! I remember my older boys going through that phase - where they'd roll from back to belly all the time and then get ticked off about being there - but they were both tummy sleepers, so it didn't mess up our nights at all. Can you try just rolling up some blankets and tucking them in on his sides...and then remove them once he's asleep?

Also, way to go for him rolling back to front, this is definitely on the early side for that yet!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
I have like little soft blocks and I slip under him and that are supposed to keep him from rolling on his side or his tummy but like I said, he totally scoots out of them. We always find him on the complete opposite of the crib, having spun head to toe and rolled over I mean...he must be having intense dreams to be trashing around like that!

Poor thing, he always looks so scared when I got flip him over; like he doesn't understand what happened or how he got there!

July 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mason also rolls from back to tummy and then cries because he hates being on his tummy. Luckily his sleep sack hinders him from rolling over to his tummy when I put him down in his crib at night. Maybe try a sleep sack??

July 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
ericab's Avatar Veteran
Maybe try swaddling him or tucking his arms in with his blanket! I'm not to sure I have never had that problem!

Luke Anthony

7lbs 14oz 19.5 inches

Little Brother to Nolan Patrick
July 19th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Sarai1983's Avatar Bonus Mom w/ a Baby Bump
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarai1983
My sleep blocks are velcroed to a piece of cloth to keep them in place... are yours?? If not you might think of buying some heavy duty velcro & a cloth to stabilize them
July 19th, 2012, 09:40 AM
They are velcroed together and he sleeps between them but...yeah, not working! He flips no matter what: sleep sack, swaddling, prayers... Considering velcro-ing HIM to the mattress !

So far, the only thing that has helped a bit is waiting one or two minutes when he starts fussing on his tummy. He seems not too eager to try it again afterwards so we can usually get one or two hours of sleep before we need to flip him again.

July 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
We had the same problem. At first it was keeping us up all night, but now he probably only wakes us up twice a night. I think he has started sleeping on his tummy now. So I guess my answer is that the problem will subside in a few weeks.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
July 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
I have this issue too. We just kind of deal with it for a few hours, and then either put her in her bouncer or bring her to bed with us. It's been going on for about a week, and like Kim said, it's gotten less and less the past day or two.

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search