Lazy mommy confession!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By pumpkinpie24
  • 1 Post By yugot2h8
  • 2 Post By KimiB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I confess that, while Andrew is starting to nap in his crib and I *should* be putting him there for all his naps...I totally don't bother sometimes. I've got him on my chest right now fast asleep, and he's a good excuse for a cuddle and some computer time!

Have any mommy "confessions" lately?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Crib? What's that?

After the first week or two of not sleeping for long stretches combined with lots of spit up, the doctor recommended having DS sleep in her car seat.

We tried it and it worked. She was soon sleeping longer and longer, often through the night.

About a month ago I tried the crib to see if she would sleep there. Nope, she woke up at 1 a.m.

So we still have her in her carseat at night. I know I should work on getting her to sleep in the crib. But she sleeps so well......half the time from 9pm-6am. A "bad" night is when she wakes up at 3:30 or 4. We so deserve this. DS woke every two hours until he was about 6 months old, and didn't STTN regularly until he was almost 2. So, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
quietsong and MissLoki like this.
July 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes I don't put him in his crib for naps. He naps on me, his bouncy seat or his swing. The first nap of the day is in his crib.

July 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
All his morning naps are in his crib but I realized that if he sleeps in his carseat in the afternoon, he sleeps longer so...I...just leave him in it I always look at him and tell myself: 'you should put him in his crib!' but I know that he'll sleep 30 mins in his crib, vs 1hr-1.5hr in his carseat.

I need some free time to clean around the house! And, you know, eat and bathe...!

July 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
We pretty much have a crib just to say she has one
quietsong likes this.

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

July 4th, 2012, 01:17 AM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mia is the first of my 3 that is a sucky napper. I would say 20% of the time she'll actually nap in her crib but then typically only 20-40 minutes. The other times I just leave her next to me on my bed or on the couch. I still only get short cat naps. I hate it too because I get absolutely nothing done...
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
July 4th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
He sleeps in his pack n play during the night- he naps on his pallet of blankets in the floor. sometimes he will lay in our bed and nap only if we are in there though
July 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
I never put Avery in his crib for naps. He always falls asleep on me, in his swing, or in the car seat. And yeah, I never get anything done, and NO I don't care. I am soaking up every single minute of snuggles and I'll start putting him in his crib for naps later. Like, way later.
quietsong and pumpkinpie24 like this.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search