Kennedy Shiloh Amoir's Arrival! <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 09:51 PM
Jasmine.'s Avatar Mommy to Kay & Kennedy!
A little back story:
June 11th I had a U/S and a NST. Afterwards I met with the consultant. Baby was still measuring on the small side (12th percentile) so the consultant decided I should be scheduled for an induction on my due date. June 21st was my adjusted due date but my due date according to LMP was 6/10. So technically I was a day overdue and she felt like June 21 was as far as I should go. She told me Dr. Ohly would be calling me to set up an appointment to check to see how far I progressed, if any at all. At that appointment the doctor would give me the time to come in for my induction. Dr. Ohly called the next day and said my appointment was for June 14th. On June 14th I was 39w0d (40w4d by LMP). At my appointment I was 3cm and 75% effaced and I also got my membranes swept. My induction was scheduled for 6/21 at 6:00am.

June 16, 2012
Since getting my membranes swept I was having contractions that got more painful as the days went on. The night before SO drove me to the hospital (we literally sat outside in the car in front of the hospital debating whether I should go in or not) only for us to turn right back around because my contractions stopped on the way there and I knew for sure I wouldn't be admitted. I was kinda happy when I woke up at 8:30am and I was still having painful contractions. Kinda mad also because of course they would pick up overnight after we drove all the way to the hospital. I decided to time them and if they weren't close I wasn't going in. At 8:50am I couldn't stand the pain anymore and was done timing. I decided it was time to go. They were 3-5mins apart and if they did stop on the way to the hospital I was not going back home! We arrived at the hospital around 9:30am. I went in alone because SO needed to drop DD off at his mother's. After getting up to L&D, signing papers, and all the other boring stuff I got into a room to be checked. I was 5cm and 80% effaced! They told me I was staying! It was now around 11am. I was moved over to my L&D room, met my nurse Megan (she was so nice!), and got hooked up to the IV. The contractions were painful to say the least and although I was admitted I don't think it hit me that I was in real labor until now. The charge nurse must of read my mind because she told me I would get my epidural (I had already informed her I wanted one) BUT (there's always a but) I had to wait until I received two bags of IV fluid. While I impatiently waited for the IV bag to empty I called SO who told me he was on his way back to the hospital and I called my best friend who immediately told me she was on her way too. I never knew I was the type who liked for the room to be completely quiet while I was in labor. I must admit I was very happy that no one was there before I gotten my epi. I was able to get through the contractions with no interruptions (with the exception of my wonderful nurse checking on me) or distractions. I focused my breathing and when the contractions intensified I rocked from side to side. It helped some. After I was done receiving the IV fluids and impatiently waited for the anesthesiologist to arrive I chatted through the contractions with my nurse Megan about DD, skin to skin, someone cutting the cord, and also met the doctor who would be delivering the baby that day. I couldn’t have been happier when the anesthesiologist arrived to finally give me my epi. I had no idea I was in for a huge surprise. When I was in labor with DD1 I noticed that laboring while sitting up is very painful for me and this time around was no exception. The anesthesiologist was taking a VERY long time. He finally spoke up and commented that my back was boney and he was having trouble. He must of attempted 6-8 times but to no avail. My nurse suggested calling in another anesthesiologist and although I didn’t show it I was very frustrated. Who knows how long it would take for the other anesthesiologist to arrive. My nurse asked if they had trouble with my epi when I delivered DD and I said none at all. It was very frustrating to hear the anesthesiologist comment about my back especially since my epi with DD1 was a one shot thing, no multiple attempts. The 2nd anesthesiologist arrived fairly quickly and like a miracle worker it took him only one try and a few minutes. Of course I had to wait about 30 minutes for the epi to take full effect. SO had finally arrived. To pass the time we talked and picked out a girl’s name (our boy name was already picked out and set in stone) since we weren’t 100% set on that yet. SO was concerned about where he parked and was really worried he would get a ticket or the car getting towed. I asked him where did he park and he said in a private lot that belonged to a law firm. I urged him to remove his car from the lot but he told me he refused to park in the public parking. I must admit downtown parking is really high and we on more than one occasion argued about me delivering at my hospital because he hated parking downtown. The hospital parking was $25 and he didn’t want to pay that either. Anyways we agreed it would be best for him to drive all the way back home (leave the car there) and take public transportation back to the hospital. I prayed that I was not very far along. My best friend arrived sometime after SO left. We talked and she called some of our close friends to inform them that I was having the baby that day. The doctor came in to check me and while she was checking me my water broke. She had no intentions of breaking it yet. I was now 8cm and fully effaced! The baby wasn’t very low yet so they suggested that I sit up a bit and see if that would help bring baby’s head down. My nurse walked in the room and asked where did SO go? I told her he would be back. She informed me that she would return in a hour to see if I dilated anymore. I tried not to worry but I did not think SO would make it back in time. To make matters worse I was beginning to feel some pain on the left side of my stomach. I tried to ignore it but it was becoming obvious that my epi might be wearing off. I called a nurse who immediately got the anesthesiologist. He gave me a little more (which he called) numbing fluid. It helped numb the pain some but I was content. I must have asked my best friend the time 20 times over the past over or so. They did take a little longer than an hour to come back in check me. My nurse said she wanted me to do some practice pushes but she realized baby head was right there. She then said “don’t push yet because then I would have to deliver the baby!” As she was leaving the room she said “oh look who’s here.” I was so relieved to see SO. I told him I was complete and ready to push. He arrived just in time. The doctor, my nurse, and 2 other nurses came in and got ready. My nurse asked my best friend to hold one leg and SO the other. She asked who wanted to cut the cord and SO and my best friend agreed that my best friend can do it. I think that was so sweet of SO to let her do it! Once I was positioned right they suggested I do a few practice pushes first. I practiced push maybe 3 or 4 times before I was ready to push for real. In two very good strong pushes at 4:55pm I heard my doctor say “it’s a girl, congratulations!” Kennedy Shiloh Amoir was born and I was just in love with her. They laid her on my chest as they cleaned her off and everything. Her little face was so plump and her little cry was the only sound I could hear. Before they weighed her we all took a guess at her weight before my nurse laid her down and I of course had the closes estimate. She was 5lbs. 13oz and her Apgar’s were 9 and 9 I believe (they didn’t measure her until she got up to the nursery). Next they got her little footprints and we were able to hold her for a while afterwards. I was so happy. I made it full-term and delivered at 39w2d (40w6d by LMP). My baby was healthy and my two best friends were right by my side. My birth was a great experience and I couldn’t have been happier.

Kennedy Shiloh Amoir
Born 6/16/12 at 4:55pm

July 5th, 2012, 01:14 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Great story, thanks for sharing! She's beautiful!

October 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She is beautiful! What a great birth story, congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search