It's a....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My Team Green baby is here, here is the birth story!

I went to the doc on Tuesday, June 26 because I was having pains, trouble deciding if my water had broken, etc. The induction was already set for Monday, July 2, but I was desperate for relief. The doc stripped my membranes and allowed me to change my induction to Thursday. I called the hospital on Thursday morning to make sure they could still take me. I got the green light, so DH and I headed to the hospital. When we got there, they took us back to our birthing room and started the process, I changed into my beautiful hospital gown and they started the questions. While my nurse went through the paperwork, her assistant got my blood work started and my IV going and they started my fluids. At about 7:30 am they started the pitocin very low (2), and she said she would come back every 1/2 hour to up the dose by 2. She came back at about 8 and upped it to 4, sometime in between 8 and 8:30 she came back with the good news that my platelets were high enough that the anesthesiologist said she would do the epidural (she said she was comfortable with doing it at 75k because she had been through it before and knew the pain...lol). The doc came in at some point around 8/8:30 and checked me, I was still at 3 cm and the pitocin was at 6, not really doing much. At 9:30, he came back and said, we are going to break your water and see what that does, the nurse hadn't upped my pitocin since 9ish and it was at 8. He really had trouble breaking my water, he said I was a bit posterior, still a 3 and the contractions were not painful enough (thanks doc..haha), but he managed to poke a hole in the bag and they went from every 8 minutes and bearable to every 2-3 minutes and painful immediately. The doc said, I bet you go by lunch...haha! About a half hour later I was asking for my epidural, so they called and she came up a bit later. Meanwhile, my water was leaking a lot and when they came to do my epidural, I really leaked all over, but managed not to get it on the floor I was so much more comfortable after the epi and was able to relax - I am not sure exactly what time it was, but at 12:30 they checked me and I was 7cm and 100% thinned out and baby was at 0 station after being turned left and right on my side to get baby to descend. At 1, the nurse came in and I told her I was feeling some pain on my left side, she said that could either mean we need to get ready for pushing or you need the epi adjusted, the doc came in and said lets check her and low and behold I was 10 cm! The doc left the room on a phone call and the nurse got my legs up and had me do some practice pushing. The doc came back in and I did some real pushing, as soon as I started pushing, my contractions spaced a tiny bit, so in between pushing it was a waiting game and I had the Jeopardy theme song playing in my head Anyways, after only pushing for 20 minutes, I believe it was like 4 or 5 sets of pushes, Rebecca Addyson (Addy) was born at 1:46 pm, she was 8lb 10.8 oz and 21 inches of beautiful, healthy baby girl!! Her apgars were 8 and 9. I had a 2nd degree tear, likely from my previous episiotomy, and because of her size, I bled more than they like to see, so I was given a shot of methergen (or something like that) to slow the bleeding, luckily that worked and I just had to stay in delivery little longer to ensure it stayed that way. We were finally transferred to our room around 5:30/6 where we settled in nicely. We came home on Saturday, June 30 and are all doing great!

Pics to come.
mom2moose and Special_K like this.

July 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures.

July 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hooray! So glad you were able to get the epi!!!
July 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy
congrats!
July 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's a great story!! Just goes to show that inductions do work and go smooth sometimes. Congrats on your baby girl!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

July 5th, 2012, 10:02 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Congrats. Sounds like how it works for me, pit doesn't make it all painful for me, but the water breaking, that works.

July 7th, 2012, 12:11 AM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!!! What a great birth.
July 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks ladies! I am going to add pics on the main board

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search