Madelyn Leah's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WoahMama83

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2012, 12:59 PM
WoahMama83's Avatar Veteran
I was due 6-28 but because of hypertension I was scheduled for an induction on 6-18 at 38.4 weeks.*

At 5am on the 18th the hospital called and wanted to know if I could be there by 6am. I told them that I would try but there was no guarantee and that it would probably be closer to 6:30. Threw a few last minute things into my bag and took a quick shower before heading out. Got there around 6:40 and by the time I was changed and the paperwork was done it was 7am. They put in the most painful iv I have ever had and told me it was because I had crooked veins :-x she wasn't able to get the blood she needed so another nurse had to come in and poke me in the other arm......bt she couldn't get anything either so they called the phlebotomist to come do the blood draw. By this time it was shift change and I had a new nurse who thankfully changed iv sites and had no issues at all getting in the new iv. Iv in she started the pitocin and left me alone until around 9 when my doctor showed up to break my water. Before he did this I had a quick ultrasound to make sure she was head down because she was still so high up they had a hard time telling. Water was broken shortly after and that was another amazingly painful experience. Aside from the nurse coming in every 15 minutes to bump the pitocin nothing really interesting was going on. Contractions were eh but the pressure was pretty bad so I opted for the epidural around 11. Anesthesia came in and after two attempts and a wrong placement the epidural was in at 11:30........it was great for about an hour on my right side and after that it stopped working completely even after trying two different meds. So I'm grinning and bearing it and trying to cope the best I can while I'm praying for it to be over soon. Lots of moaning grunting whining on my end lol. All this time progress is slow and I'm only like 5cm and they are still bumping the pitocin every 15 minutes. Finally around 3 I started making better progress and was 7cm by 4:10 I was complete and they had me do one practice push and made me stop. Called the doctor at 4:17 and after maybe 2 pushes Madelyn Leah was born at 4:25 on June 18th weighing in at 6lb 6oz and 19.5 in long.

If you made it through this congrats and sorry if it seems to be all over the place this is the first time I've ever typed up a birth story.

Now here are a few pictures.
2 hours before she was born trying to get in a picture with the kids before another contraction hits.

And two pictures of Miss Madelyn

ollybgolly likes this.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!

That's me ~~~>Facebook-Heather
July 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
Such a cutie pie!! that stinks that your epi didn't work.
July 7th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, I love the t-shirts for your big kids! That's so awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search