Nathaniel Brenden Crane

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
7lbs 13oz, 21" long, born at 9:10pm on July 7th, 2012

Lets just say its been one crazy experience. Friday night I woke up out of a dead sleep violently dizzy. I couldn't make out what was up or down. Somehow, I finally made it downstairs to mom and dads, barely got into a chair before collapsing. We called the midwife and while waiting for her to call back I just kept getting worse started throwing up violently and i said just call the squad I am scared. My BP was 168/100something (can't remember). Loaded me up and off we went. I remember getting my vitals done the whole way here, the iv going in and puking. I was admitted immediately and they said i would be induced first thing in the morning. I was only 2cm so they tried the foley bulb but his head was right on my cervix so that didn't work. Next was a tiny pill the inserted which got me to 3cm and they started the pitocin. It took almost all day to get to 10cm, but by4cm I was in so much pain from my back I asked for an epidural. The first anesthesiologist couldn't find the spot after 3 stabs so called another in. he got it first time. I puked so much that by the time I got to 10cm and time to push I was absolutely exhausted. I tried though... pushed for almost 2 hours and he just wouldn't budge. his head was stuck in my birth canal. C-section had to be done. Finally got in the OR, prepped and they went to work... He was so stuck in there that they had to go in vaginally with a hand and push his head back in as they pulled him out. I heard him cry that first time and I barely remember much after that... I didn't even see him until recovery (or at least remember it). I nursed him a couple of times but by Sunday I was really out of it. So I think it was Sunday when they started feeding him formula after the 6:30pm feeding I did. That night was a painful blur and around 3:30 monday morning they brought him to me to snuggle with as I was on enough pain meds I could sit up to hold him. Later that morning I was even worse and just crying in pain. That's when the anesthesiologist came up to talk about the blood patch. I got the epidural blood patch and was back in my room by noon, headache going away and wanting to see my son who I hadn't seen since the snuggle time. Finally they brought him to me and I got to breast feed him after struggling to get him to latch. Each time they brought him to me the latch issue got worse and it would take up to 20 minutes to get him on. We got through Monday night and tuesday, but by tuesday evening the headache was back and I couldn't walk again. I was dizzy and sick every time I sat up, and with Nathaniel fighting nursing I just cried and cried. I was so completely overwhelmed and started thinking formula feeding would be better for both but was afraid to make that decision. I asked to see a social worker Wednesday morning as I was horribly depressed, and then saw the psychiatrist who prescribed a mood stabilizer (with my past history of bipolar disorder and depression we both felt meds are a good thing) and discussed my feelings about breast feeding and switching to formula. Once I made the decision I felt relieved and knew it was the right choice. With the spinal headache I couldn't take care of myself let alone my son. I didn't really get to hold Nathaniel much but will be making up for lost time in short order. I am thankful I have my mom here with me and I am blessed she is able to help me take care of Nathaniel and me. Now that I am home I can get better and start enjoying this wonderful new life I have made.
July 12th, 2012, 02:53 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
What a scary story. I'm so glad you and Nathaniel are doing well.
July 13th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry this pregnancy hasn't been easy and delivery was horrible for you, but try to leave all that in the past and enjoy your new bundle
I'm sure this will all be a story to tell and nothing more.
Hang in there mama and for what it's worth, I think you made the right choice

July 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for the rough start and hope things are getting better for you.

July 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
your pregnancy and birth was so rough on you i feel so bad im glad he is here though and doing well. enjoy you beautiful baby!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search