The arrival of Thomas Joseph :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By maddy and tommy's mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
Copied and pasted this, so I apologize for the random astrix symbols!

40 weeks and 3 days...

Went in at 9:30 am for an NST, ultrasound and check up. All looked normal, still only 2 cm dialated, which I had been for a week. Planned another NST for Friday and induction for Monday, 7/16.*

Went out to lunch and got home around 1:45. My parents were watching Maddy at our house and they went home. Called Maddy's doc due to her persistent cough. Went back to hospital for a 4:15 appt. *so Maddy could get checked. Has bronchitis. *Having contractions at this point, so on our way out to car I call my doc, thinking since we're already there I might as well have them check me. *Then I hang up before anyone answers since I hadn't timed anything and they probably would just send us home. This was at 5:00.

Went to CVS to get Maddy's prescription and got I our door at 6:00. *By this time we decided that we were just going to have Maddy use the bathroom, make her a sandwich for the car, give the pets enough food and head right on back to hospital. Contractions still weren't in any pattern, but very painful. Called my parents at 6:35 to meet us at hospital so they could take Maddy, then called my doc office to tell them I was headed to hospital.

Got to hospital parking lot at 7:00 and got Maddy into my parents' *car immediately (that sucked!!). *I*was in the antenatal waiting room by 7:10 and after Joe saw I was okay, he*moved the car to parking garage. I was hooked up to NST and contractions weren't "impressive", according to the nurse. She meant that she did not think they were doing anything to help me dialate. *She also wanted to see the baby's heart rate rise and fall more, so I drank some ice water and turned on my side. *The contractions started getting worse and all of a sudden my water burst all over me. That was at about 7:55.

That's when things get fuzzy! Next thing I know there are 5 nurses in the antenatal exam room. *One is trying to admit me and asking me about me family history, one is trying to get my pants and clothing off so I can get into a johnnie, one is trying to find a vein for my IV so I could get the epidural, one is paging the doctor, and one tells me she needs to examine me. *I was contracting so fast at this point that I was terrified at the very thought of an internal!! *She checked me and I was fully dialated and ready. The nurse who was trying to find a vein finally stopped and told me there was no time for anything and I almost lost it. All I wanted in life was the epidural!! She looked at me and said, "honey, your baby will literally be here in 5 minutes."*

So, they begin running me down the hall in the bed like you see in the movies, my poor hubby by my head trying to keep a wash cloth on my face. I think I pushed once as we were moving.

We got in the labor and delivery room and they had to move me onto the real bed. That took about a minute and all I could see was the doctor quickly getting her gear on. I pushed again and could feel his head coming out! They tried to have me hold off before my next push, to which I replied, "there's no way"! I pushed again and out he came/flew/shot!

He was put right on me and hubby and I were in such shock that no one said anything or thought to celebrate! Finally we realized what was going on and hubby cut the cord. **Thomas did very well on his scores and was trying his first feeding moments later. I only had one 1 degree tear that had to be stitched, and delivered my placenta shortly after.

Believe me, I have a very looooow pain tolerance and having a totally drug free delivery was the OPPOSITE of my plan, but it truly is empowering and feeling every little thing was surreal. *

So, even though Thomas was a few days later than his due date, his arrival sure made up for it!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by maddy and tommy's mommy; July 12th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
July 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Veteran
WOW!!! Amazing! Congratulations!!!
July 13th, 2012, 01:02 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing story!!! Congrats

July 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!
July 13th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Special_K's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!! I'm sure he was well worth the wait