our holiday arrival of Danika Payton 7/4/2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Waiting for the arrival of Danika was very stressful as the doctors had prepared us for some very scary outcomes due to the multiple downs markers, IUGR and finding out a week before my induction that I had GD. They decided to induce at 38weeks because of the aging if my placenta and her growth restriction, it was going to be better for her to be a little early so we could take care of her on the outside. My induction was sched. for july 2nd at 3pm. That morning a got a phone call from the hospital letting me know they were very busy and to stay at home until they got a bed available and that it could be late that night or even the next morning. I was very emotional about this as I just wanted to meet my daughter but there wasnt anything I could do about it so I decided to take a nap around 3pm. Just as I was finally getting to sleep I got a phone call from the hospital and to my suprise beds had opened up and they were ready for me. So off we went with my family in tow. Our entourage included me, dh, MIL, my parents, my sister and my bestfriend. I assumed we would be going to L&D but this hospital has very specific way they induce. I was checked into the ante-partum floor were they do inductions and keep high risk pregnant women pregnant for as long as they can. When we met my nurse I assured them it wouldn't take long as my last dd induction from start to finish was 7hrs but we were about to get a shock as this was going to be a very long long induction. How it works is they give you either a drug called meso or cervidil to ripen your cervix and when you get to 3-4cm dialated they take you to L&D. They decided to do the meso first and you can get a dose every 6hrs, its a tiny little pill they break in 4 pieces and put one piece by your cervix. Before they put it in they checked me and I was 1cm but very thick postieror and high After the meso went in I immediately started having reg contractions and thought this was going to go fast. at the end of the 6hrs though I was shocked to find out that I was the same..no change what so ever and my contractions were coming on top of each other so they had to stop the induction for a couple hours and give me some iv fluids and get my uterus calmed down a but since these contrations were not doing anything. After a couple of hours we started again with another dose of meso and waited 6hrs again. Sadly at the end of that 6hours there was no change again I was still having consitant contractions and as often as I could I was get up and do laps around the ante-partum floor and bounce on the ball to try and get things moving. So we went with 3RD dose of meso. by this time is was like 3pm on the 3rd and had almost been 24hrs since checking in to the hospital and I was getting tired from not sleeping through the contractions just trying to keep things going. by 10pm that night we found I had thinned out a little but really still was not changing much and I was getting fustrated. So I asked instead of getting another dose of meso if we could try the cervidil. So at 10pm they inserted the cervidil witch is to stay in for 12hours. My family left for the night to get some sleep since they had all been there for a day and a half. Dh and I decided to lay down as well and try and get some rest in hopes tomm would be the day. at around 2am I woke up with intense contractions and waited for 2 hrs before waking dh up to make sure these were really good cervix changing contractions. So at 4am I woke him up and was clenching the side rail of the hospital during every contractions moaning in pain. So I called my nurse and asked them to check me since I had been having these hard contractions now for a couple of hours and thougt things were changing. So they checked and I had dialated to 2cm but was still dissapointed thinking it was going to be more. even though I was not dialated that much dh called everyone back to the hospital at 5am becuase things were picking up quickly and they all had a 40min drive back. By the time they all got there I was in soooo much pain and it was had to have any kind of a conversation or even focus on anything. They contractions were coming about every 3 min. The nurse showed me some ball exercises that might help move the baby down so we started those and they hurt like a sob but my family pushed me on to work through the pain and I am glad they did. So when the doc came in a 9am to check on me I was in alot of pain and even though it was still another hour before the cervidil came out and they were to check me again she decided I looked like now would be a good time. We all jumped for joy as she said I was 3-4cm and it was time to go to L&D and asked if I wanted a epi as soon as I got down there. Even though I had planned on having a natural birth like my last one, I had been up for too long in pain and just needed to relax. This induction started on july 2nd at 7pm and it was now july 4th at 9am. It took them a hour and a half to come get me and take me to L&D and it was the most painful hour..It felt like days lol. When we got down to L&D they got me all situated in bed and anesthesia was there ready to put in the epi. It was quick and pretty much painless not like I had feared. As soon as the epi kicked in I could not hold my head up. I was soooo tired from being in labor for coming up on 2days that my body just wanted to sleep and sleep is what I did for a little bit...lol. after an hour or so the doc came in to check me and said I was 4-5 cm and broke my water and gave me a little bit of pitocin to get things moving. I told her before she left that with both my other daughter that getting to 5cm was the hard part and that I always went from 5cm to fully dialated in am hour. She chuckled and left. In the next hour my amazing L&D nurse flipped me like a pancake back and forth as she said it would help move the baby down. and an hour later on the dot I told the nurse that I was feeling pressure and I think the time was coming. My sister called everyone who were all in the cafeteria eating lunch to let them know it was almost pushing time. They all dropped there food and hauled butt to my room. My mom told me she saw my doc eating in the cafeteria and hoped she was coming too. My nurse check me and I was 8cm and 75% thinned out and told everyone it wasnt time yet. I told her that It wasnt going to be long. and about 5min later the pressure was getting more intense. She lifted up my sheet and took one look and said yup I see the head coming down. She called the ped team in and had them page the doc asap as she thought she might have to deliver this baby. I told her I was not pushing but that I could feel my body was pushing. The doc came rushing in just in time. As soon as they were dressed and had my feet in sturips her head was crowning. They told me to go ahead and push as I gave one little push and her head was out and my body took over and did the rest. The pushing phase lasted 30 sec. no joke and she was here. We all cried and my nurse bent down and whispered to me that she looked perfect and that she did not believe there was any sign of downs. I have never been sooo happy in my life. They did however let me know that if she was under 5lbs they would have to take her to the step down nursery to make sure she could hold her temp. Danika payton was born at 2:18pm weighing 4lbs 12oz and 17 3/4in long. They let me hold her for about 15min before taking her and let me know the ped team did not see any signs of any downs and she looked perfect. Over the next hour they ran some test and she had her first poopy and pee diaper letting us know there was no bowel problem as they suspected. She held her temps perfect and 2hrs after delivery they brought her to me. It was such a crazy pregnancy and loooong labor that was 43hrs but a very quick delivery of a perfectly healthy baby girl and we are over the moon. She is such a good baby and hardly ever cries. Her big sisters love her to death. If you made it this far..thank you for reading

July 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your healthy baby girl! I'm so happy for you! And I love her name : )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search