The welcoming of Kade Ryan

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2012, 08:09 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As you all know, I was not the greatest in my pregnancy. Complications and more. I begged to be induced, my dr almost refused.. well the day of induction arrived and I had no call. I was growing impatient cus I have 6 kids to deligate and I had my mom here and more. I was done. I needed to be done. I was told I would be induced under certain circumstances.. favorable gets oxy right away.. well I got monitored and then checked. I was already a 1-2 and 50% effaced. The dr who examined me called another dr and said I scored a 6 to be induced with oxy.. so I jumped up for joy. Sort of. Sigh of releif was it. I was moved to my room around 8 and told to have my last bite to eat befor induction cus thats it till baby born. DH got me McDonalds. OMG I got in trouble haha. OH WELL. They hooked me up, started me at 2 every 30 minutes.. and nothing.. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. I was stumped. Confused to say the least.. like really.. still a 2 at max and I went from -2 to -3.. I wasl ike ***. They kept increasing the meds and I got to the max (20) and the contractions were back to back painful and I got checked by the nurse and nothing. I then felt a gush and something told me to ask my mom to check. I said this is blood mom, this is the end and I started freaking out and saying hes gonna leave us. OMG it was heart breaking..She checked and yep blood. LOTS my mom ran out of the room cus the nurse left and started yelling. Saying shes bleeding, come now. I had a contraction and alot of fluid and object feeling. I said these are balls falling out.. they kept falling out. Clots. They called my dr in and she checked me seen I was still a 2 and couldnt find why I was bleeding as his heart was ok and membranes intact. She couldnt feel a head so she brought in an ultrasound machine only to find out that Kade was almost completely transverse and curled up and way back up there. She at first said there is no way they could of felt a head in the beginning in Triage and that something wasnt right. I explained to her the lie of Kade the entire pregnancy and that I knew he would go transvrse. She was not happy my dr did not write that down in the induction orders. She immediately turned off the oxy cus the bleeding had stopped and said we will let you rest a bit, be back in a bit to discuss options, c section..it was explained when I started bleeding that I would need one.. now cus I kept bleeding I was being told again. So it stopped, I got some rest and they restarted the oxy (between the first oxy and the 2nd oxy was already 19 hrs from end to end. I said to the nurse that I was feeling very tired and I went to sleep. Only to wake up to noone but the nurse in my room and massive contractions.. I couldnt keep my eyes open. Only thing I could do was focus. My mom and DH came in and noticed I was moaning. I looked at her that I thought this was it and she said we have hours to go. I said ok and closed my eyes. Next thing I know it the nurse is rolling me side to side and I am on gas.. begging for an epidural.. this was 630.. they sent away for forms and what not. Told me I signed c section forms.. I said I know but I want the epidural the pain was worse this time than with #6 and with the state I was in because of the clots and the bleeding still going I did not want to be in pain. Well the epi didnt kick in right away, I got it done just befor 8.. and I was still sucking back the gas. Begging mom and Dh to rub my tail bone. They checked me I was a 3 at 8.. I just about fainted. A THREE?? they said she will be getting prepped for c section. baby is decelling we need to get him out NOW. So they pumped boluses of saline in me 2 bags in 15 minutes.. during that time I felt my water break. They said impossible your still high up. I said nope.. hes coming.. 20 minutes ago I felt he is coming. They confirmed my water broke.. checked me I was a 5. bleeding again.. they called the dr to come and said its baby time. Well kade kept deceling.. and again being prepped to leave to c section.. I screamed I said hes coming. I was an 8 by that time. it was 855pm. The dr checked me again said shes still high if we hold his head we can get him to come down. Thank god I had the epidural I had her hand in me stimulating his head. dr checked me again at 905 and said shes a 10.. no time for c section. I screamed for DH cus he wanted to go and take pictures. like really?? I have to lay there push our baby out while he plays poperatzee? omg I was freaking out cus his heart kept deceling and they said to each other something, a rush of people came in. 12 people. I was crying, freaking out saying omg omg omg. Gush of blood, clots came out with him. and a gush of fluid to. The brushed him against my chest and put him in the bed for him and he wasnt breathing well. I commented that he was too tiny to be full term.. but it was his butt I seen lol. they thought cus he was so fast to come out that it was that. So they left him for a bit. Pediatrician told me if he kept it up they would be taking him. I tried to nurse him, he woudl take once in a while but kept up his raspy breathing and moaning. I thought he was just a whiner. What a bad mom cus the ped came in an explained hes not whining. ugh.. I cried and cried. I laid down and closed my eyes, only to wake up a couple hours later and see my babies cot empty. They never told me anything.. nurse came in shortly after and said are taking to NICU and will let me know when I can see him. At that point, my mom hasnt even held him yet. I havent changed a diaper, or even seen much. Atleast I took a picture of his chest right away. lol They said only 2 days in the NICU.. well it ended up to be 6 I wasnt allowed to hold him at first or feed him, no choice to have formula for him for first few days of life. Hes home now, doing well, but had a rough start. Born 6 12, left 6 10. Found out I hand an infection that caused him to be that way. I feel so bad. I do think my dr waited too long for him to be born. I will take care of that at my own time. ..I may of left some things out. But thats ok. I do know I left things out. You get the jist of it all ... He goes for a check up tomorrow (wednesday July 18)

Kade Ryan

born ~ July 10, 2012 (24 hours after start of induction)
time
~ 914pm
weight ~ 6 lbs 12 oz discharge weight at 6 days old 6 lbs 10 oz
length ~ 20 inches
head circumfrence ~ 34 cm
Apgar 8 and 9

4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Special_K's Avatar Veteran
Congrats! Sorry to hear you and baby had such a rough labor, but glad to hear all is well in the end

July 18th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Veteran
I'm glad he's home and well!!!
July 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I've been wondering how you and Kade are doing. Glad he's ok after a rough labor.

August 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Glad to hear things worked out for you. A little scary there for a while!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search