Baby food!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By yugot2h8
  • 1 Post By quietsong
  • 1 Post By Taz38
  • 1 Post By Thea Maria G
  • 1 Post By MommaTrish

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 05:47 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Let's dish - what are you doing? What's the plan?

Have you seen this website for making your own? Weelicious I'm totally going to try once he hits 6 months!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have not started yet. I have not really decided when i am going to start. Christopher has really started to glare at us when we are eating. If I am holding him, he will try to dive into my plate. So, it may be sooner than later. I am planning on making my own fruits and vegetables.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

July 19th, 2012, 11:26 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've started because my ped recommended it because of his size. He eats a little oatmeal and fruit or veggie once a day for now.

July 19th, 2012, 12:16 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
I spoke to my ped about it and she said not to stress it; he's gaining weight, is happy and active so she sees no need for solids. I did try, for fun, to give him some cereals twice and he just hates it! He just sits there with the cereals in his mouth, trying to push the spoon away when I get close to his mouth So I'll wait a couple more weeks and try again.

I started doing some pureed veggies and freezing it for later. I plan on making them all from bio veggies/fruits if its possible.

July 19th, 2012, 12:39 PM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
I've been feeding AK solids for about a month now... carrots are her favorite!!! I've been buying Gerber 1st Foods and sometimes we've been making our own. She has actually tried a lot of foods already...carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, mangoes. I let her lick a piece of bacon earlier and she loooved it! (Ben got mad, he said she's not a dog lol)
brandywk likes this.

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

July 19th, 2012, 02:30 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Lol! I'm not sure which is better, that she licked the bacon or that he freaked out about it. Guys are so silly sometimes!
yugot2h8 likes this.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 19th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
we've been doing cereal for about a month and baby food for 2 weeks or so. he's had the different fruits- he had mango yesterday and MIL said not to give him any more of those for our own protection...lol
Thea Maria G likes this.
July 20th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i let april lick ketchup off my fingertip and got the BLECH face. LOL!. We are doing the little jars for 4 month + olds. She LOVES all but daycare just said she doesnt like the peas which we will work on..She loves the sweet potatoes etc, she gets 1 jar a day and of course good old fashion milk.
yugot2h8 likes this.

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
July 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We started giving Paige a little cereal in her formula a couple months ago just at night. And about a month ago we started giving her cereal with fruits or veggies mixed with it. I haven't found anything she doesn't like so far.

July 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I'll start thinking baby food when he's 6 months.

I'm skipping cereal since there's like no nutritional value to it. And we've never really been baby food buyers. We just puree our veggies and such from dinners/lunch/etc. Oh and he's a huge chunk, and he's doing fine on breastmilk.
smilieygirl likes this.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
July 20th, 2012, 01:40 PM
We're the same way here Trish. I bought a baby food grinder when DS1 was 6 months and it has been priceless. After we start the basic fruits and veggies at 6 months old we will just grind up what we eat (within reason). I've started to puree and freeze fruits and veggies that are in season straight from a local farm (cheaper) so that I won't have to worry about it. Breast feeding until then works for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search