Having trouble BFing

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 09:43 PM
ericab's Avatar Veteran
For some odd reason Luke is not wanting to eat off of my right side, and he had not been getting bottles or anything, I do not know what to do about this. It makes me sad and i need help!! any suggestions??

Luke Anthony

7lbs 14oz 19.5 inches

Little Brother to Nolan Patrick
July 19th, 2012, 01:45 PM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
AK was doing this when she was a little over 2 months old...she would scream and scream whenever my right boob was close to her mouth. I just kept offering the right side to her first every time she ate. It worked especially when she woke up at night to eat and was still pretty sleepy.

I'm sorry I don't have any other advice than to keep trying...AK got over it pretty quickly and now eats from either side just fine (knock on wood)

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

July 19th, 2012, 03:31 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I would just keep offering it too. If offering it first doesn't work because of hunger, maybe try a little on the good side to take the edge off and then offer the other side?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM
ericab's Avatar Veteran
Thanks ladies I will continue to try! Its so sad. and emotional... I hope that he will start eating again! I'm not ready to stop

Luke Anthony

7lbs 14oz 19.5 inches

Little Brother to Nolan Patrick
July 19th, 2012, 10:56 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
maybe its not the boob.. but something about her that causes her pain to lay on that side?? earache? tummy ache??
I know when Emmalyn has gas she sometimes can't be on a certain side.

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

July 20th, 2012, 02:57 PM
There are some babies that only want to lay a certain way for whatever reason. Have you tried a different position (football, side lying, etc.)? A friend of mine had this happen and her daughter did football hold on one side and cradle on the other. Don't give up......
July 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are times that for what ever reason, Liam prefers one side over the other. I'd suggest just continueing to offer the other side...maybe try feeding in a different position then you normally do...maybe laying down or in a football hold?

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search