Duke's Birth Story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 12:44 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
So, finally here is the birth story of my baby boy!!!

Tuesday May 29th, I go in for a checkup and an ultrasound. At 1 in the afternoon they tell me my baby is 9lbs and that I would have to be induced in hopes of having a vaginal delievery. I cried hysterically because I was desperate to have an all natural birth. I and my husband go crazy getting ready and get to the hospital by 7pm for induction. At 9pm they tell me they cant induce me until I'm 39 weeks, which happens to be 2 days from then ... So we leave the hospital and return May 31st for the induction. Going into the induction I was 1.5cms and 70% effaced. So they were hoping that the cervidil would put me into active labor and I wouldnt need pitocin. I slept all night just fine and in the morning started feeling contractions. My husband and I walked around the hospital about 800 times, I bounced on a ball, and did jumping jacks trying to get the contractions more regular. The doctor checked me at about 11am and I was 3cms and 80% effaced! She broke my water and the contractions started to come. OH AND BOY DID THEY COME!! I was in constant pain. My contractions were comming hard ever 2 mins and there were no breaks. My contractions would get very intense and then lower to the point where I wasnt in agony and then flare back up. I had ALL back labor so after taking a shower (which did nothing) I ended up leaning on a birthing bar in bed on my knees. 4pm rolls around and the doctor decides to check me and I'm still only 3cms . She decides that she would like to give me pitocin. At that point Im in constant pain (to the point of tears) and I know that I couldnt take the pitocin making the contractions more intense. I asked for an epidural! Then cried hysterically because I felt like a failure. My mom, mother-in-law, husband, & the doctor tried to assure me that I was doing the right thing and that I wasnt a failure and all that mattered was that the baby would get here safe. I was still unconsolable. Until I got the epidural, and then I realized that they're beautiful gifts from GOD! The pain was completely gone, and I got the chance to relax and BS with my supporters! The only complaint I had about the epi was the ITCHING! My husband kept filling up large gloves with ice for me to put on the itchy spots so I wouldnt scar myself from scratching. However compared to the unbearable back labor, itching wasnt so bad! Oh and benadryl for the itching is pointless, it doesnt help all it does is make you sleepy. I suggest declining it if its offered to you! At about 7pm the doctor checked me again and I was at 5cms! However Duke had not decended, so she gave me some more time. 10pm - 5cms no change and Duke's head is starting to mold to my pelvic bone. So Im told that I need a C-section. I cried hysterically, I was devastated. I had my heart set on a natural (drug free) birth and NOTHING went the way I wanted it to. They rolled me into the OR and they took out my epi to give me a spinal tap. They then layed me down to quickly and I got sick. I threw up 2 times on the table. Unfortunatley from crying I couldnt breathe out of my nose and my mouth was dry from the drugs so it felt like I couldnt breathe the WHOLE TIME! Plus I had that icky puke taste in my mouth. At 11:05pm the ALMOST got Duke out but he was so big that they actually dropped him back in me! So technically at 11:08pm my baby boy was born ! The doctor brought him to me and she showed him to me, and he then proceeded to pee on her! LOL! He was taken to be cleaned off, the entire time I begged them to give him back to me. The nurse got to the point where she told me "we have to clean him, wait." I then told her "Its my gross stuff on him, I dont care! I want him." They then told me he was 10lbs and 22inches! What a big boy I had!!! So it felt like an eternity til they brought him over to me. But when he was finally there, I felt the most joy I ever had!
They then proceeded to sew me up and my husband followed Duke to get his first bath. At about 12:30am I was done and they took me to recovery. At this point I was begging any nurse who would listen (and strangers in the hallway) to bring me my son that I wanted him. At 1am, he was in my arms and I was nursing him! Apparently if you annoy the nurses enough you get what you want!

My birth experience wasn't what I wanted at first, but looking back it was beautiful. And I now have the most beautiful baby boy!

Last edited by SuperMartianRobotMom6; July 19th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
July 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I'm sorry you didn't get the birth that you had hoped for, but you ended up with a beautiful, healthy baby boy!! COngrats momma!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search