julien's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mylie12
well i thought i would get this down before it's way too late

i'll start by giving a bit of an intro i had sebastien in 2009 and the pregnancy was very much normal no ups no downs but the delivery was far from normal long *** labor and ended up with a c-section under general, i knew this time around i didn't want that.

we decided to try and having another around 18 months and got pregnant faily quicky right away i was met with hesitance to try a vbac, but at 20 weeks finally found a midwife 2 1/2 hours away that was willing to atleast let me have a trial of labor all was going well until around 31 weeks i was diagnosed with GD but can control with diet and exercise which i tried and things were good at 35 weeks had a u/s for growth which told me baby was big but what was more concerning was my bloodwork. my platlets and imoglobins were very low normal is 120-145 mine was 104 my ferritin normal is above 10 mine was a 5 and so we discussed that a vbac was no longer safe for me i was sad but knew it was the wiser decision.

at my 36 week appt i had contractions and i had loss my mucous plug even tho i could've stayed like this for weeks because i was travelling and my bloodwork was still going down it was decided that i wuld be going in on friday may 18 for a repeat c-section .

on may 18 at 8:57 am julien paul beaulieu was born again due to a reaction to the spinal i was once again put under general but this time they were more accomadating and i was able to hold my new bundle of joy in recovery and had amazing support on bf and recovery

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search