Tyler James

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am finally getting a chance to type Tylers birth story. I have to say how glad I am that his birth was the least eventful of all of my children and also the most painless.

I spent all day Sunday trying to get the house finished, bags packed and all of those little last minute things taken care of. I finally got in bed around midnight then Elijah woke up at 2:30. Since I had to be up at 3 I just stayed up. I made it to the hospital at 4:30 exactly. I seriously thought I was going to be late and have to reschedule the induction. The nurses came in and hooked everything up and reviewed my plans for delivery then one started my IV at around 5. The plan was to run an entire bag of fluids before the epidural was started but since my BP was 170/110 they decided to only run 1/2 of the bag. Apparently there had been some major changes in their policybetween the nurse and anesthesiologist so he was in a mandiatory meeting and made it to my room by 6:30 When he started placing the epidural I had horrible pain in my left side which did get better but started causing problems again before he was born.They started running the pitocin a little after 7 with orders to increase every 30 minutes. I was having ctx every 3-4 minutes but with the epidural working I really could not tell how things were progressing since I was not able to feel their strength. My doctor came in at 8 and since I was still at a 4 he decided to go ahead and break my water since they wanted to get the show on the road since I was high risk for uterine rupture from previous uterine surgery. At this time my ctx had increased to every 2-3 minutes and I was starting to feel them on my right side but my entire left side was completely numb. I could not even move my leg on my own. They came in a few times
to adjust the monitors and then at 10:45 they checked me again and I was a 5 and my cervix was "paper thin". After the epidural and my water was broken my BP dropped to 130/98 and my sugars were 75. Even being in labor my body felt so much better being back in "normal" range. They had to back the pitocin back down and place an internal monitor because he was having huge decels. Looking back, it was most likely due to the fact that he was moving down and having more pressure placed on him. DH called and said he had a ride and would most likely be there around 11:30. At this point I did not know that the ride was my MIL but that part of the story will have to wait. I was trying to post
an update about 11:15 when a different nurse came in the room and said she wanted to check me because he was still distressed. I'm not sure which one of us was more shocked when she said I was complete. Its hard to believe I went from a 5 to ready to push in 30 minutes. She called down to the nurses desk and the room turned into total chaos. While they were getting the room ready I got a text from the lady that works the nursery at our church and since DH was still not there I let her come into the room with me. I really wanted him there with me but at that point just having someone familar was a comfort. As the doctor was walking in DH sent a text that said he was there but they would not let him in the room so he had to wait outside. The doctor joked with me the entire time he was getting ready. He said he told me to wait until after lunch to have the baby but since I had caused problems the entire pregnancy he was not suprised. All of the nurses were in total shock about the way we talked back and forth to eachother but by the time he was born they were all laughing and joking with us. I never in my life thought that I would have a delivery where everyone was laughing so hard that one of the nurses had to leave because she had to pee. It was such a great way to welcome Tyler to the world. I still could not feel my left leg so they had to help me pick it up. They told me to push and then started yelling to stop since his head was out. I could feel such a huge relief in my hips with his head coming out. I did not realize how much pain his position had been causing over the last month. They suctioned him for a second and unhooked the monitors then told me to push again. As I took a huge breath in I felt him slide the rest of the way out. It's crazy to think that I did not even get the second push in and he was born. As soon as he came out he started peeing and the doctor flipped him around and let him pee all over me.He said he had to go back to work and didnt need pee all over him. I cut his cord and we were able to do a few minutes of skin to skin while the placenta was delivered. I managed to have
no tears or abrasions. They finally checked him and he was 7lbs 10oz 21.5in born at 11:26. They let DH inand that was when I realized my MIL was with him. I finally had to get ugly and tell her to get out. She was in the babys face and kept trying to take him from DH. About 15 minutes after he was born DH had to leave because MIL had made an appt to get her hair done. He was able to come back that evening for a little while but I wish it could have been longer. The next morning the doctor came and said we could go home after 24 hours but he would rather me stay to monitor things a little longer. Knowing my MIL was at my house and since I felt okay I decided to go home. Both of us have been doing great since we came home and everyone is adjusting well. The entire pregnancy I never felt a connection but now that he is here he has stolen my heart.

Me texting DH to see where while we were waiting for a ctx for me to push.

First time seeing Tyler

Me cutting his cord. I love that even the nurses and the doctor are enjoing the moment.

First time holding Tyler

Getting cleaned up.

Not happy about the scales.

Me checking him out after he was all clean.

Here is what all went on with my crazy MIL.
She went on facebook and said she got to hold him before anyone else. When I saw her post it took everything to not jump out of bed and knock the crap out of her. Later DH told me the reason he
did not make it earlier was that she had to stop by Big Lots to shop. I knew she would find a way to ruin our happy day. Apparently she told her husband that we said it was okay that they came up here along with those bratty 2 kids. So after driving 6 hours her husband did not have a clue that they were not welcome here. They stayed at our house now keep in mind that my house was spotless since I had spent all day Sunday cleaning but she kept going through all of the stuff in everyones room telling DH how messy things were. I had gone shopping over the weekend and bought just enough groceries to get the kids and DH through and she managed to use it all in 24 hours. She burned 2 of my pots so badly that they had to be thrown away. She broke our brand new $1500 dishwasher and managed to break a burner on our glass top stove. One of the kids she brought with her was sick and Elijah ended up with it and now DH is at the dr because he is sick. DH finally had enough and told her she is never welcome here again.

December 11th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
I still can't believe all of that happened with your MIL... Your little guy is so cute, though! Congrats again!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and Landon!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search