Victoria Rose

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On Saturday night I started having cx about every 20 minutes apart. I slept pretty cruddy but this wasnt any different then the last few nights so when 4:30 AM came around Sunday morning, I got up and went to work. While at work my cx continued but time between them was closer to every 15 minutes. I texted DH that I was going to put gas in the car on my way home from work because I thought we would be having a baby soon and if nothing else had a scheduled appointment on Tuesday.

I got home and sat on the cough, ate some food, and told DH that I wanted to go for a walk. As a FTM I was afraid to think I was in actual labor without feeling the "labor" part. So as it was pouring down snow outside we walked. I called L&D at around 6:30 PM to ask how far apart they wanted my cx before we would come in. With the snow storm and the distance we had to drive, she said to come in when they were 8-10 (ish) apart. It went down to 8-10 minutes apart quite quickly. I began to pack the rest of our desired hospital items and wanted to use the restroom one more time before heading out.... well.... the septic backed up and started to leak water in the basement.

DH, at this point, is freaking out! He called an emergency number for the septic man while I'm in the basement with towels praying I don't deliver at home covered in BM from the septic The septic man walks DH through everything and figures out what was wrong.

So needless to say once we get in the car my cx are 5 minutes apart and getting quite intense. The roads were horrible and icy and we had close to 70 miles to go on an interstate and random back roads to get to the hospital, with 17inches of snow on the ground.

We were admitted to L&D around 10:15PM, I was not dilated any more than from last prenatal appointment. Cx quickly get to every 3 minutes and when I was checked the second time I was 3 1\2 cm and 100% effaced. I labored for three hours bounching on a ball, walking, sitting in the tub. Pretty much doing whatever I could to try and be comfortable... nothing worked, fyi I kept my cool until I wash checked arond 2AM and I was 6cm, -1 station.

I cried and cried and cried, didn't think I could do it for many more hours. I chose to get an epidural and cried and cried and cried some more... this time not so much for the pain but because i knew that I failed in the pain control management realm and let DH down with something he really didn't want me to do. He was very supportive but I knew he did't want me to have it.

My epidural was fabulous!! I could move my legs, adjust myself in bed, feel contractions (but not to the power that they were), push when I felt the urge to push, while having the pain managed. Still uncomfortalbe- yup, but whatever dose they gave me was perfect!

Dr. Miracle came in at 7:30 to check in, I was fully dilated and fully effaced. My water had not broken yet and she knew we didn't want a ton of intervention so we waited. She had been on call the past 72 hours and was supposed to be off L&D duty at 8AM. But she had office hours till 12 so was willing to come up and deliver for us since the on call MD was a male and this was a big N.O. for us.

Needless to say my water didn't break on its own. Water was broken and we started pushing at 9AM. I had no idea what I was doing but whatever I did it was right at 9:26 AM little Victoria Rose made her first beatiful appearance to the world.

It was the most amazing experience being able to hold her for the first time!!

December 11th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Wow, I can't believe you had to deal with all of that before getting to the hospital. Great story, though. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

December 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Craziness about the septic! Little did that poor man know what he was walking into...

Don't beat yourself up about the epi, Kelly. Ultimately, this was your labor - and you had to get through it in the best way possible for you. And it worked out so well - you clearly are a champion pusher! Congrats!!!

December 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Haha what a disaster to deal with as you're in active labour It will make for a great story to tell your LO when she is older!

Congratulations!
December 13th, 2012, 04:23 AM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG the septic and a snow storm...seriously??? It does make for a great story Congratulations!

Our family is complete

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search