Samantha Bailey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cassie.S

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Samantha Bailey’s Birth Story

Arrived at the hospital for induction at 5pm.
By 6pm was hooked up on the monitors and had a Saline Lock IV port put in. Which is making my arm hurt pretty bad. They say it might not hurt so much once it has stuff running through it instead of just holding.
At 630pm first round of Cytotec was inserted, cervix was still high; dilated a loose 1cm/ 50% effaced/ station -1. Dr Osburn let me eat a light dinner of bagel and cream cheese about 7pm. They will do Cytotec every 3 hours as needed to soften the cervix. I’m having some contractions, maybe every 5 minutes, but nothing real painful, pretty much same as the ones I’d been having for the past 2 weeks.
730pm- Dr Osburn came in to check on me. He says she looks great and well just see how my contraction pattern is and that will determine how we proceed with the Cytotec. He offered to give me something to help me sleep whenever I want. Which I plan on taking him up on.
1045pm- Checked me again. I am very soft and now dilated to 2cm. Because my contractions are coming consistent at 3-4 minutes apart they cant do another round of Cytotec. They are going to give me something to get some sleep whenever I want and then will start Pitocin at 7am when Camp comes on. That will only change if throughout the night my contractions slow down and then they might give me another round of Cytotec. The contractions I think are getting closer together and most are more painful than before.
245am- Contractions had spaced out some, to 5-7 minutes apart. Check me again, was still dilated to 2cm/had thinned out some. Another round of Cytotec was given. Trying to go back to sleep.
410pm- Unable to sleep right now because the contractions are too strong to sleep through. They are back to 3-4 minutes apart.
425am- IV fluids were started. Was told it will be the 4 hours from Cytotec dose right about 7am so will start the Pitocin then.
7am- Some contractions started to be so bad I got all hot & clammy, thought I could pass out. I went to the bathroom and it felt so good to lay my head on the ceramic tile wall while I at there. When I got back into bed I thought I was starting to have bladder control issues but it continued and increased with each contraction.
730am- Told the nurse when she hooked me back up to the monitor I thought I was leaking fluid. When she checked again still only 2cm dilated. But I completely ruptured with the exam. Pitocin was started. Right away I thought I wasnt handling the contractions very well, I feel like I cant do this.
815am- The contractions were getting worse and worse. I asked when I could get my epidural. The nurse said I would need to wait until I was at least 4cm or it wouldn’t be effective when the really bad contractions got going.
9am- Contractions became so unbearable I thought I was going to die. They were so close together and there was no position that would help. I could hardly open my eyes the pain was so intense, all I could do was squeeze Tim’s hand and attempt to breathe through them which was barely possible. The nurse moved me from my side hoping that would help with the pain but it didn’t. It made them so much worse. I was thinking I wasn’t going to be able to handle or imagine how the pain and contractions could get any worse. I remember thinking please just let me have a C-Section now and have it be over with.
930am- Had the worst contraction ever. It was so bad I let out a small scream since there was nothing else I could do breathing through it wasn’t doing a thing because the pain literally stole my breath. I felt so much like I needed to have a bowel movement. Pressed the call button because I was afraid I was not going to make it to the bathroom. I was sitting up in bed bent over because it was all I could do to bear the pain.
935am- The nurse unhooked me from the monitor. I told her I had to have something for pain. She was going to get me something but not my epidural yet. She went to get that while I rushed to the bathroom. Once on the toilet I didn’t need to have a BM but with the next contraction I still felt like it. When I came back from the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the bed I was scared and convinced something was wrong because I felt like I needed to push.
Maybe 940am- The nurse came in with the pain medication. I told her I really felt like I needed to push. She said okay lets check you and see. I didn’t think it was possible to lay down with the contractions. She checked and said yah I was complete & needing to push. She asked me not to push with the contraction since nobody was there. She told me to do the “he he who” breathing. Which actually helped enough to not push with the next contraction. She then yelled out into the hall that “I was complete and she needed people NOW”. All of a sudden several nurses started rushing into the room attempting to get things together. I was so relieved that something wasn’t wrong but I was just trying to wrap my head around the fact I need to actually deliver now. I over heard someone ask if the got Dr Campuzano yet and everyone’s answer was no. I heard that and started to freak out in my head thinking she wasn’t going to make it. The next thing I know there is Dr Camp, she patted my foot and started telling me step by step what she needed me to do. She was coaching me through everything, telling me I was doing great. For the last 2 pushes they put an oxygen mask on me. I thought it was great because I thought it was difficult to catch my breath after each push. She had to make a small cut but I didn’t feel it. A total of 5 pushes and 10 minutes later she was out at 1005am. Weighing 6lbs 4oz, 18 inches long. She is perfect, doesn’t even have a cone head.
Afterwards I found out so much that I’m glad I didn’t know because I wasn’t hardly coherent due to the pain. Throughout labor Samantha wasn’t tolerating labor very well. Her heart rate was having decels into the 70 & 80’s with each contraction, a few times it even went into the 50’s. At the time when they called my Dr Camp for delivery she was at the nurses station watching the my monitor debating if she needed to delay the C-Section she was headed into do so that she could take me in for a C-Section first. Tim saw the monitor and heard the nurse talking about a possible C-Section but he didn’t say anything to me because I was in so much pain with the contractions. I wasn’t sure why at the time while I was pushing they gave me oxygen wasn’t really concerned about it but turns out my O2 Sats were in the 70’s.
All in all everything worked out great. Still cant believe I went through it all in such a fast time and without any drugs.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
December 13th, 2012, 04:32 AM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again Katie

Our family is complete

December 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Wow, congrats Katie!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 14th, 2012, 07:08 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good job Katie! I know that a "natural" birth was not what you may have intended when it came down to the wire...but YOU DID IT! Congratulations and welcome baby Samantha!
December 17th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Congrats, Katie! It sounds like we kind of had a similar birth at the end. Not fun but so worth it to have our little girls here!
taatie10 likes this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search