Log In Sign Up


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lex&angels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,736
On November 9th, at 40w4d, I woke up to a damp towel under me. We went to the hospital and it was confirmed that my water broke into a slow leak. They decided to keep me 24 hours and induce if labor didn't start on its own. Well, it did, but too little too late. It started an hour before the induction and it started slow. I was given a vaginal gel and wasnt allowed out of bed for 3 hours - this part was horribly painful and got me fully effaced and dilated to 3 cm.
Then for another 2 hours I used a birthing ball and DH helped stretch me during contractions. it helped a lot.
Finally the anesthesiologists were available and I got my epidural. This went great, they had to ultrasound my back because of my unusual scoliosis but we're able to give me the epidural!
Then my water was broken all the way and I was told to lay on my side with one leg elevated. it worked. an hour later I had gone from 4 to 10! But I was alone for the next hour because there were 2 emergencies: 2 premature deliveries, one being a c- section. I totally freaked out, when the doctor came back she spent 20 minutes helping me relax before pushing. Once pushing started, Heloise was in my arms 20 minutes later. 9 pounds! I had a small episiotomy. My regrets? I was given the option to catch he myself and I didn't take it. also her placenta came out in the same push as she did so they forgot to collect cord blood to donate. other than that, it was perfect. I still say prayers for the 2 preemies. the doctor said my baby was twice as heavy as the two of them put together.

I love my daughter so much, the following hours were so sweet.
Belita likes this.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0