Welcoming Baby Blake James

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ** Tay **

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 07:23 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The morning of Sunday December 9th I got a facebook post from a friend saying she had dreamed I was in Labor... I told her to dream harder and get this thing going!

All throughout the day I had mild cramping, and a slightly off feeling. We went about our normal day... Church, Errands, Family Dinner and I was feeling great by the end of the day - still crampy but great.
After dinner at my Mom's, my Aunt and my Mom rubbed my legs down for me {I had been getting awful calf cramps} and my mom pushed the uterine pressure points for awhile.
We went home around 8:30 that evening, stopping at the drugstore for gum and Castor Oil - I WAS NOT going to use this until my due date, but I wanted it on hand.

Well, It was just too tempting. And because I really felt something was already happening at that my body was progressing
{Dr. Appointment on 12/3 let me know I was 3cm and 60% effaced and a membrane sweep was done}
around 9:00 I mixed a tablespoon and a half of the awful oil into a big cup of orange juice and chugged it down....

Let me tell you - castor oil burps - not awesome.

Finished off the rest of our evening -little TV with hubby and daughter - read her a couple books and put her to bed around 9:45. Hubs went to bed and I stayed up as I normally do and waited for Tylee to be deep asleep and watched some smut TV... Real Housewives.

At 11:30 I began contracting - but they weren't starting off slow.... the first two were 5 minutes apart and lasted nearly 45seconds. They never slowed and by 12:30 they were closer to 3 minutes lasting 30seconds to a minute each. I let hubby sleep and began packing our bags, clearing off the guest bed and Tidying the house... watched Impractical Jokers and laughed the whole time ( best distraction show ever - SO funny!!)
At 1:15, I texted my cousin that I was having contractions and that we would probably be going in unless they died down - wanted to make sure she was awake and on standby.
At 1:30 while bouncing on my ball {Pinteresting} I heard two clear POP sounds and then a gush of water... went to the bathroom and there was a bit of blood in it so I texted her back and told her to come on over!
Woke up my husband and he loaded the car, took Tylee's carseat out and by the time we were ready and my cousin had arrived it was just after 2:15am.

We arrived at the hospital and my contractions were still 3 minutes apart - but standing to check-in they were getting intense enough that I was beginning to tear up with them... the nurse came right up and got me when the receptionist told her how close they were coming and that this was my second baby.
I was taken to triage and she hooked up monitors, remarked at how strong they were, but still took her sweet time to do anything.
She checked me and I was only 3 1/2cm {What!!? I was certain I would be more at that point} and 90% effaced.
I asked to use the restroom and contractions got so bad at this point that I could no longer talk through them. She was trying to to my admit questions and was getting annoyed with me it seemed {I think she thought I was just being overly dramatic being as she only had checked me 20 minutes prior and I was only 3 1/2cm} I asked her to check me again and I was 5 1/2... 100% effaced.

Now all along I have said that I wanted to hold off as long as possible on the Epi, but that I wasn't opposed to getting one this time - I didn't want to if I could avoid it - but didn't want to beat myself up if I felt I needed it. I just didnt want the labor stall or the sickness I got with the last one..... At this point - I was asking for one. I had told her if I was going to be admitted I wanted started on an IV so I could get one {You have to have a full bag of fluids to get one, I dont know if thats everywhere or just my hospitals policy}

She told me we would finish up questions in my room then, asked if I needed a Wheelchair or if I could walk - I chose walk - and we took the short walk down the hall to my room....

I am settled into my room at 3:05am.
and she started my IV, and began asking more intake questions - that I could not answer because the contractions were on top of each other and so strong I could barely focus on breathing much less talking.

Again, I told her I wanted and Epi, but that I needed to pee again so I went, though, as soon as I stood up I felt INTENSE pressure and knew I needed to hurry back into my bed...
Told the nurse and she check me and I was 9cm - she quickly called the Dr, and another nurse who broke the bed down FAST...
I felt the urge to push at 3:15 - but I had to wait a couple minutes for the bed to be done... at 3:17 they were ready for me to start... The Dr was fabulous about having me stay focused on only her, and she coached me through pushes and gently helped me stretch between each one - {push, now stop...ok quick push... stop} No tearing this time!!

Blake James was born naturally at 3:23 on December 10th weighing in at 7lbs 2oz, 20 inches long. They immediately laid him on my chest for skin to skin and there he stayed until 4:30am. During that time he nursed for about 45 minutes.
His weight was then done in the room and daddy got to hold him and then we were taken to the recovery room.

This is also the time that I FINALLY got ahold of my mom and my sisters. Beau had been trying when we got to our room, but even if he had reached them - they never would have made it to the hospital in time for the delivery. Reflecting on it, we are both SO glad we got to experience my first, possibly only, natural birth experience just the two of us - and have so much UN-interrupted time alone after - it was very intimate and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

I am so so so over the moon that I got the natural birth I wanted, even though there were definitely times I thought I couldn't do it. It was hard and intense, but if we have another baby, I will be doing it naturally again. I felt like a normal person not even a couple hours after delivery and we were discharged at 7:00pm that night! We could have stayed the night, but my bed sounded SO much better than the hospital one! I didn't even need ibprofun after!!

I am so in love with this little boy and he is an AMAZINGLY calm, pleasant baby... I have only heard him cry a handful of times and hes a champion nurser. I feel so blessed and my heart is so full of love for both my babies - Ty loves him so much and is very protective of him

My heart is full

Last edited by ** Tay **; December 18th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
December 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
What an amazing experience. Congrats momma, he's gorgeous!!!!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 18th, 2012, 09:09 AM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Tara...he is beautiful!

Our family is complete

December 18th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! He is SUCH a pretty baby

Daffney

December 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Aww I love your birth story! So glad to hear you're happy with how it all went. Congrats, he's a beautiful little guy!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

December 19th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
OMG Tara he is absolutely perfect. So happy for you

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search