So who's spotting, cuz I am

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry to rant before properly introducing myself, but I forgot how much early pregnancy sucks! So I had some light light spotting last night. Sorry if this is TMI but I wiped and there was some pink tinged... um stuff. Naturally, I freaked out all while telling myself that this is normal and I shouldn't freak out.

This morning I had nothing and was happy with that. Then I wiped again just now and there was a little more pink tinged, ya know, stuff. This is irritating. I called the OB hoping she would be like this is completely normal please stop calling us.

Instead the medical assistant who answered the phone instilled a sense of panic that now makes me think I'm going to inevitably miscarry. I told her that my symptoms have leveled off. She basically said that could be a sign of early miscarriage and that I should not hesitate to contact the office if I have any cramping and the bleeding picks up.

I know that cramping at this stage is normal, I have read that symptoms are on and off in the beginning of pregnancy and I've also read that spotting can be normal. It's just- this sucks! Everything is either a sign that things are completely normal or that my baby is dead.

I wish there was some way of knowing. I now have to wait 3 whole weeks to find out. Maybe I can beg my doc for a scan at the end of next week. I've seriously contemplated lying and saying the bleeding has picked up just to get an earlier ultrasound.

Anyway, rant over! Anyone in the same boat. Please give me positive stories!

August 19th, 2013, 11:23 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any amount of bleeding during pregnancy is scary. My doctor has insisted that spotting in early pregnancy is very normal and that I should not worry. As is cramping while the uterus is growing and the coming and going of symptoms. All she says to do is note everything down and bring it in with me to my next appointment and as yours said call for sure if it gets worse. Maybe if you cant get in for a scan earlier your doc could at least run some blood HCG tests to ease your mind. I hope you can find something to ease your mind soon!! Hang in there hun and welcome to the group!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 19th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks, that's really what I wanted to hear. And thanks, I will try to post more as time goes on.

August 19th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had spotting with my 3rd son and was so panicked I exaggerated and they brought me in for a scan at 6w2d and there was a healthy a baby and a HB.
Bleeding is so scary and unsettling. Maybe they can do hcg testing to be certain your levels are rising to ease your mind.
August 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been spotting this whole pregnancy. Brown, and pink and once a little red was mixed into my cm. I went in and they said I have a friable cervix. Which basically means it's SUPER sensitive and bleeds easily. So now this is apparently how my whole pregnancy is going to be. Ugh!!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 19th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I had spotting right up to six weeks. At six weeks two days it turned into light bleeding. At six weeks three days I was bleeding and passing clots so I went in to the ER and they did a quick scan which showed a happy little bean.

I hope you're ok! It is s scary to deal with but apparently quite normal.
August 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That is scary to deal with - I agree, can they do some bloodwork to help ease your fears? GL!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any. I almost feel left out! JK. I'll do without. I would totally flip if I did but the rest of the ladies are right. Try not to worry too much but insist on help if the bleeding gets bad and you get cramping that worries you too much. First thing you learn as a mother is that it's okay to throw a fit for the health of one of your kids, even if it turns out to be a false alarm.

August 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Super Mommy
I spotted last time and it is very scary. Hoping for the best!

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

August 19th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I should mention that I bled with my first pregnancy - like actually bled. Somehow that doesn't make me feel better lol. My son is perfectly healthy though. Thanks for your kind words ladies. The pink tinge is gone for now but I still have a lot of like ewcm. I never had this with my first pregnancy. I also have some cramps that are not strong they're very dull and they make me feel a little ill. I guess I have to wait to see if im miscarrying or if this is part of the process.

August 19th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I"m spotting pretty bad today. Still brown, but darker brown. And it's coming out more regularly

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 20th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I know that brown blood is considered okay, especially if it's free from clots but how nerve wracking is it when it actually happens! I had this with my first pregnancy (which turned out fine). At one point the blood turned red then it stopped the next day. My OB said it was likely a build up around my cervix. Did you schedule an ultrasound?

On my front, there still isn't any real bleeding, just blood tinged discharge. I'm going to chalk it up to hormonal changes for now. Trying to feel more zen about the whole thing today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search