Zofran?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By Tamara22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone who has taken it. What's have your experiences with it been? Side effects?

I am miserable nauseous 24/7. It's severe nausea and I've been in the bathroom several times almost sick but I breath through it. I have also been extremely lightheaded for the past week Even when eating and drinking. I want to ask for zofran but I remember someone saying to triggered a migraine and I already get those regularly and don't want to deal with that.

I have never had nausea this severe with any past pregnancies and its really beginning to drain me. I have to force myself it eat and toast with pb is all I can stomach.
August 19th, 2013, 11:52 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I took it with my pregnancy with DD most of the pregnancy. It didn't trigger migraines that pregnancy. But, I took 1 dissolvable zofran this pregnancy and it triggered a major migraine.
SeaShell_Mom4 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 19th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never taken it in pregnancy, but had to take it after my shoulder surgery because my tummy couldn't handle the pain meds they gave me. I didn't have any side effects. I did not take the kind that disolve.
August 19th, 2013, 03:50 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard of some negative side effects to mom and baby so I'm just too scared to take it. EVen though this nausea is miserable!!! Have you tried taking vitamin b6 and 1/2 a unisom at night? It doesn't completely get rid of my nausea but it's definitely taken some of the edge off. I can eat and get feeling better throughout the day.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
August 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking Zofran with no side effects

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

August 19th, 2013, 04:45 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've tried it in both of my previous pregnancies and it did nothing. I will probably be joining you soon (I'm really hoping not =) in the nauseous all day club. I throw up a lot and I've heard that zofran is really only meant to keep you from throwing up more than helping with the nausea- I don't know why it doesn't work for me =( I have another friend who has severe morning sickness as well and zofran helps her immensely- nausea and vomitting. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor his/her opinion on the matter though.
August 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Zofran is my open affair... The best thing ever. I have a history of migraines and don't get them when I zofran though.
August 19th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also get migraines, but not on zofran.

What I DO get though is: SEVERE constipation. Like were talking SEVERE. Impacted bowel severe. Passed out, went to the ER in an ambulance from an impacted bowel.

TERRIBLE stomach cramping. Like bad, my stomach and intestines are in a ball so tight it feels like my fist is in there.

yeah, almost as bad as the constant puking

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 20th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I started taking it about 30 minutes ago, so I'll let ya'll know how it makes me feel. So far, it took some of my nausea away to the point where I can eat lunch! Whoo hoo! Though I still get sick when I think about eating, so I'm eating and trying not to think about it.
SeaShell_Mom4 likes this.
August 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Regular
I was warned that constipation was a bad side effect of it.
August 26th, 2013, 06:49 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I took Phernergan after my gallbladder surgery, but I don't think that's as recommended during pregnancy? All I know is that it worked with taking away my nausea. I don't have any experience with anti-nausea meds during pregnancy, even though I have severe vomiting and nausea in the first trimester. I've always been too chicken to take them. I'll probably still avoid it this time, too, and just run to the toilet when I have to. It's miserable, but I'm such a worrywart.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
August 27th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hspw714 View Post
I was warned that constipation was a bad side effect of it.
I'm a week into taking it, and can say this is very true. I'm having major troubles in this area. Almost enough to make me stop taking the meds and just deal with being sick all the time.
August 27th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara22 View Post
I'm a week into taking it, and can say this is very true. I'm having major troubles in this area. Almost enough to make me stop taking the meds and just deal with being sick all the time.
This is where I'm at. I don't take it unless I've thrown up 5+ times by noon. It's not worth the side effects!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search