Lightheaded and dizzy

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else just feeling really faint? I can't remember this symptom with my other 4 but its horrible this time. Just perfect to keep my severe nausea company. Maybe it's due to my age but wow this pregnancy is kicking my butt. I have alway had easy pregnancies and deliveries but this time not so much.
I am not dehydrated and I'm always snacking but I keep getting to the point of blacking out.
I was just curious how everyone else was feeling?
August 20th, 2013, 09:43 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did through the first trimester with baby 1 but I was unaware I was expecting until I was 13 weeks (false negatives, including blood test) and didn't know that probably grazing would have been helpful. It sounds like you're doing that, so it's probably just unique to this pregnancy or just this part of it. We all know a lot changes fast and our bodies take a hit because of it.

I hope it's temporary and you feel better or figure out a way to manage it. Maybe another lady will have an idea you haven't tried. I hope they say so if they do. I'll bee watching. I expect nausea to hit stronger at some point soon!

August 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I over all feel bad. But when I feel dizzy or lightheaded is when I'm dehydrated, my electrolytes are down, I forgot to take my iron or I haven't eaten.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

August 21st, 2013, 04:33 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, that sounds awful. Maybe more salt? I would call your doctor and see what you can do to combat it.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

August 21st, 2013, 04:56 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I briefly get dizzy and lightheaded on occasion but it's not too bad.

August 21st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Usually when I move to fast, or haven't eaten or need to drink something...I would also ask your doctor. It could be your prenatal as well...I have to switch to a prescription rather than OTC while pregnant.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Regular
Yes, usually if I over exert myself, which is not hard these days. I get winded just walking around my apartment sometimes.
August 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get light headed if I stand up too fast.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
August 26th, 2013, 07:25 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get that way off and on during my pregnancies- not so bad that I black out or anything and mine is more related to nausea I think- I feel like I'm going to pass out all of a sudden especially if I get overheated. Tonight I felt that way after I ate which made no sense (I wasn't sure I was going to keep it down for a while but then I felt okay as far as that went so it was just weird). I think it's normal for some pregnancies but it can also be a sign of sugar imbalance or anemia (I don't have either so?) so you might just call the nurse and see what she says if you feel uncomfortable about it. Also, I don't know how old you are but this is my first pregnancy in my 30s (well I just turned 30 beginning of the month lol) and I already can tell a difference in the level of exhaustion...gah- getting old sucks!! And, I want at least one more after this one so I can only imagine how it's going to be with the next one if I'm already this tired at 5 weeks =)
August 26th, 2013, 08:23 PM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
I am definitely experiencing both!!! I also don't remember this with my first!! I hope it gets better soon. Sometimes I worry that I will actually faint!

August 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Caalypso's Avatar Veteran
That was actually my first sign I was pregnant with all of my pregnancies, before my BFP. It doesn't last very long when it happens though, but definitely get the dizzy/light headed feeling

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search