When did you start getting sick?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop- aka to start vomiting profusely gah. I've had extreme morning sickness with both my previous pregnancies so I think it's unlikely that I get out of it this time- I think it usually hits between 5-6 weeks so any day now

How's everyone else feeling? Anyone who had it and then didn't get it with subsequent pregnancies? If you're feeling nauseous when did it start? Mine usually lasts for about 3-4 months hardcore (so 5 months pregnant) and then mild for the duration of the pregnancy. It's fun stuff!
August 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Super Mommy
Ooooh that does not sound like fun anticipation Mine started about 5.5 weeks, which I felt was a tad early, but it was off and on through last weekend and then hit MUCH harder this week, at 6 weeks so that's typical. Im thankful I tend to be done around 12-14 weeks! I always know I'm getting better when I can go in the grocery store and look at the meat aisle and not want to throw up but instead think of recipes I want to make!
i'm also finding my stomach is much more sensitive, like I think I've had mild food borne illness or something, both monday and thursday I was throwing up and feeling WAY worse than any other days, also with dhiarrhea and cramps, I couldn't figure out if that was 'normal' nausea or if I ate something off? I had a couple suspects of things I ate, but they wouldn't have made me sick when not prego so..? After a while both times it cleared up to mild nausea and food aversions again. Anyone else find this?
August 24th, 2013, 05:13 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy, and I have dealt with morning sickness in the form of nausea in the past few days more than I have so far. I realized that I am most nauseous when my stomach is near empty and shortly after I eat. Not vomiting yet, my mother did not have vomiting with me just nausea, but she had vomiting with my brother.
August 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my dd I started getting nauseous at 6 weeks. I'm waiting too. I'm kinda hoping to skip it this time. Haha

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
August 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterm View Post
With my dd I started getting nauseous at 6 weeks. I'm waiting too. I'm kinda hoping to skip it this time. Haha
We can dream right???
August 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^^ Yes we can!!! Hehehehe

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
August 24th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mknaomi- I get both sides of the spectrum when pregnant but not normally at the same time. Usually it's mostly vomiting and then I get a bought of the other stuff briefly. I'm taking probiotics right now in the hopes that it would help- my sickness was worse with the first so maybe it'll just get better each time I'm hoping this one will be significantly better oh and I dunno if you're taking it but dha makes me sick so I can't take it period.
August 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 6 weeks and haven't had any real nausea yet, but today I just had a few instances of my stomach just feeling kind of...off, I guess. I hope it's not the start of nausea and maybe I can skip it altogether. With DS I had some mild to moderate nausea but no vomiting, and I don't think it lasted more than a couple of weeks.

August 24th, 2013, 06:20 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy that I have gotten this far. Just in last day or two, I have been getting waves of nausea. Nothing major. I have also been getting the coughing spasms out of nowhere that then are followed by nausea.
So, Monday is six weeks and I have a feeling it will be getting worse from here...
August 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
8 weeks tomorrow with no sign of any nausea. Counting my blessings.
August 24th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Veteran
In my 6th week and had random waves of nausea until about three days ago. Now it's multiple times of day. No puking, but awful nausea that makes it impossible to eat, grocery shop, all but impossible to feed my baby and just plain miserable. My last pregnancy, I had no nausea or vomiting, I just wasn't hungry.

A big thank you to GraysMama for my gorgeous siggie!

Mama to one great kid through the miracle of adoption and one through the miracle of birth.
August 24th, 2013, 06:42 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 6 weeks like freaking clockwork. But it got worse this past week which was closer to 7 weeks. Nothing really sounds good, but until I fill my stomach I feel like I'm going to puke and have pretty much every morning for almost 2 weeks now. I'm starving all the time but feel like I'm going to throw up at the same time. It's awesome

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
August 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
One thing that I found helped with the vomiting was eating eggs for breakfast but I didn't try it until toward the end so maybe it was a coincidence I'm going to try it anyway- I'm feeling nauseous now but I'm message boarding in the car and I get car sick anyway so it might be that lol
August 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
6 weeks, and of course DS has a stomach virus which isn't helping. Cleaning up bodily fluids is not a good remedy for nausea

My M/S usually lasts until 20 weeks. With my oldest I lost 12 lbs, with my daughter the vomiting wasn't as bad and I only lost 5. Hoping the trend will continue and it will be better
this time.

August 24th, 2013, 07:53 PM
That's funny I lost 15 with my first and only 5 with my second and the second time my gain was a lot better as well which I think has to do with not losing so much weight/muscle. Well, and since I gave up red meat I don't seem to regain weight as much- chicken fast food is just not as caloric I guess lol.
August 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
6 weeks on the day I started hating the thought of eating. I'm not really nauseous yet... maybe a little 'icky' feeling. I didn't have any ms with my first pregnancy so this is new to me. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't get any worse than this.

Last edited by RandE; August 24th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
August 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Right at 6 weeks and it hasn't let up since. I'm ready for it to be gone bc its wearing me out. :/
August 24th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I got really super sick around 5 weeks ish, I lost 10 pounds in a week from throwing up. went in, got zofran, re-hydrated and diagnosed with HG again for the 3rd time. That helped me a LOT (the rehydration). After that if I keep my electrolytes up and eat every hour I just feel icky not AWFUL.

So I'm thinking that I'm better this time, not as sick. I don't think I have HG again, I think I was just severely dehydrated. I do throw up, and take 1 zofran in the am but otherwise I'm not going to feel like death this time!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 25th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Veteran
My sickness started at 5 weeks. I'm now 8 weeks and still suffering badly.

It started on August 6th at what I thought was 4+6 but my due date changed so it was actually 5+3

Last edited by Verity Jean; August 25th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.
August 25th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Mine just started closer to 7 weeks. And its just nausea, not actual vomiting, although I have dry heaved a few times

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search