How are you coping?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By katiep726
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 3 Post By Danielle.W
  • 1 Post By katiep726

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Super Mommy
With work, your other kids, general life while feeling sick and tired?? I feel like I spend my entire day managing my symptoms, making sure I'm eating enough to hold the sickies at bay, making sure I keep what i ate down, and don't eat to much or the wrong thing, making sure I'm sleeping enough so I don't feel worse... DH goes back to work tomorrow (Teacher) and both of us are wondering what I am going to do with our 4 year old and 18 month old.
Right now it takes me all morning to settle my stomach, after lunch I tend to start to perk up a bit and can play with the kids or do some things for a while, if we go out I feel even better and can generally manage ok. DH has been a superstar, caring for the kids, trying to clean the house and making me food I can eat. I'm just dreading being home alone with them and having to get them and myself lunch, not to mention dirty diaper changes!! I dread every mealtime cus I know I have to eat but the thought of it makes my stomach turn. Housework is just out of the question entirely. Which is why I think I feel better out of the house, its' too messy in here, DH will try to get it clean tonight, but I won't be able to stop the mess from creeping in again during the week. I wish I had a hammock I could set up and just lie in all day long and let the kids play in the backyard, I foresee a lot of being outside in our future! Hope it doesn't rain much in september!
How are all of you dealing with normal life and things that have to be done? Do you just do it and then throw up? Am i just being a bit of a baby right now?

At least I have lots of freezer meals done, so DH can pull one out each day before work, my family will eat even if I can't!
August 25th, 2013, 05:00 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don have any children yet, and still work. I work about 45-50 hours a week. Mix that, with pure exhaustion, nothing else gets done in my life! Te house is in shambles. Our 4 dogs are acting as though they've been deprived of attention (which they definitely are not!). Plus, I am planning to be a SAHM once our bean arrives, so we are both stressing about finances....

I'm hoping it gets easier from here!
August 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not feeling sick yet but my last two pregnancies I lived on the couch so I feel you. Invest in lots of Dora and do what you have to to get through. My 2 year old is very mommy dependent so this shall be very interesting to see how she deals with mommy being less present. I'm still hoping that maybe since it hasn't hit yet its not going to..haha I'm only 5 weeks good luck with everything- I had three dogs last pregnancy and almost lost it (none of them were very well behaved) and it was hard dealing with them and my 2 year old while feeling so awful. I'm just looking forward to only having one this time around (though I miss my pup who passed away recently).
August 25th, 2013, 05:31 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to snack constantly throughout the day to make it. I'm a teacher and have an almost two year old so it's been tough. Oh and dh travels 3-5 days a week for work :-(. I am so tired so I napped when DS did this weekend but that made me feel worse. I feel like a terrible mom and not a great teacher either. I seem to feel better on weekdays though because I follow a set schedule and snack constantly. I'm just so tired on the weekends I want to sleep but it ends up making me feel worse. I have to remember to not let myself get too hungry because that's when I'm really miserable.

Anyway I push through because I have to, but when I do I usually feel better if that helps at all!
MKnaomi likes this.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
August 25th, 2013, 07:32 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some days are better than others! Today woke up feeling like poo and have just felt yucky all day, which is why I'm just catching up on JM now. Other days I feel like I wanna whip the house back into shape, and sometimes it changes from hour to hour. I AM bipolar and struggle with depression and anxiety, though, so pregnancy added to it may make things...interesting. Considering my NP cut my bipolar med in half I've been doing just peachy.

August 25th, 2013, 08:22 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
In all honesty, I am not coping well at all. I seem to always have hormonal mood swings and I never know what mood I am going to be in. I thought I would rest up this weekend and feel better, and I don't. Not even a little bit. Just a simple task of taking my 22 month old to the store makes me never want to leave the house again. I am discouraged in the fact that I don't feel like I am being a good mom to DD and wondering how on Earth I am going to handle another one in a few short months. I don't have anyone around who can care for DD on any really hard days and DH is gone to work 12 hours 5 days a week. I am stuck. Sorry for the vent, but this is one thing that I am really, really struggling with right now.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs)) Rachel.
geogeek likes this.
August 25th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought the kids new computer games
Caalypso, mzshell13 and MKnaomi like this.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 25th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Super Mommy
lol Danielle! And rachel, I can say that handling the extra little one after the birth, I find easier than this part. Well, the first couple weeks are always hard, but your body not pregnant feels so much better it's easier to get into a groove, I find this loooong long time of just feeling crummy and struggling to even be able to meet your own bodies needs to be the hardest.
I know the my first I was working, and the morning sickness was totally different, I would get up, throw up, eat breakfast, go to work, throw up again (cus of the transit ride ) be ok all day, come home and throw up once more before dinner. Lots more vomiting, but a lot less feeling gross 24/7 and a better ability to eat I think, oh and i always felt 100% better after being sick. More structure in my day probably would help a lot, I don't HAVE to go out, when I feel ill, I lie down.. and continue to feel ill. If i forced it, I might feel better, even if I did vomit.. although the few times I have, it hasn't worked that way, I kept feeling gross. we all just have to do what we have to do. It does pass. eventually!
I'm telling myself this after jealously creeping on the boards ahead of us, envying their baby bellies and ability to feel good!
August 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's starting here...I'm hoping this time to keep busier with dd's activities and I have a few more friends than I did when I was pregnant with the first two so maybe I can just get myself out of the house more often and keep my mind off it. Today has not been good- just been feeling overwhelmed trying to get back on top of the creeping crud that has crept up while we've been celebrating all the August birthdays...oh and I turned 30 this month so I had a few days of feeling really depressed about that too =)
August 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
It's hard but as a mom you do what you have to. I find that if I get up and get it over with (the vomiting) then I can continue on with my morning better than if I just lie down and try not to move. I can't do that anyway, hubs works 50+ hr weeks so I'm home with 2 kids by myself a lot of times. My house is a mess but I'm not stressing, I'll do what I can and the rest can wait until when I'm feeling better. My kids force me to laugh and continue on. For example the other day my 3 year old came in when he woke up and I immediately ran to the bathroom to throw up. He followed me and told me to make sure I don't miss the toilet (I told him that last week when he was sick, lol) and to ask what was for breakfast and could we go to the park. My 13 month old gags with me when I'm cooking lunch which is kind of funny and makes me realize that kids will adapt and everything will be OK.

August 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That reminds me of something funny too! I'll be bent over the toilet throwing up or kinda waiting for it to come and spitting out all that extra saliva But DS will come up next to me and spit in the toilet too! It makes me giggle even if I am vomiting
mzshell13 likes this.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
August 28th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't puked yet but the constant nausea is exhausting. Being still seems to help but with two kids - 3 and 2 - it's hard to just sit. The up and down all day really stinks. I'm coping by crying. No lie, I hid in the dining room yesterday to have a good cry while my girls watched Caillou (blech!). Thankfully my DH has been amazing, he took both girls to bed last night, played games with them when he got home from work, encourages me to rest and go to bed early . . . just amazing.

Thankfully today my nausea wasn't as bad so I was able to take the girls to the park this morning then the grocery store. But now I'm pooped and my stomach is starting to hurt more. I don't want to rush through this pregnancy since it's my last, but holy cow I'm ready to be done with the first trimester.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
August 29th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Veteran
I have been grateful for the fact I haven't been at work since finding out I was pregnant - I am a teaching assistant and have been off for the summer. However, I go back to work on Monday which I am not looking forward to as I am still suffering with nausea.
August 29th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Super Mommy
I'll let you know next week when school starts and I have 120 8th graders in my care for 8 hours a day. Plus, I was just informed that I have lunch duty 4 days a week. There goes my cat nap time!

I'm barely squeaking through without a nap lately. The midwife assured me the exhaustion should end with the first trimester, so worst case I have a month of super tiredness--not all that different from the first month of school every year!
August 29th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Caalypso's Avatar Veteran
I feel you ladies!!! I had such an easy pregnancy with my DD, no sickness, no puking or anything. When I got this BFP I had already felt a little queasy but I figured it wasn't too drastic... Now i'm definitely feeling it, queasy, tired, want to sleep and no motivation. Today I wanted to high five myself for starting a wash!!

Luckily my kid has part time pre-k so that gives me a bit of a break during the week... I am taking part time classes at home though, I need to get back some motivation!!

Hoping this ends with the first trimester!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search