my DR Vent

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK so today was my SECOND DR visit. I went two weeks ago and all he did was talk to me about my sugars, So today my second visit he went over my sugars and said my sugars are SLIGHTLY higher than he would like and he would like to see me in his other office. The office I am going to is $50 a visit and only 10 min away the other one is 45 min away and I would have to pay full price. Now my sugar average is 136 the HIGHEST number is 164. I have quit drinking Diet soda and cut out almost all carbs and sugars plus taking my meds I don't see how my diet can be adjusted any more than what I am already doing!!!!! He then tells me he has had women in there pregnant with 500-600 blood sugar so really is my 136 average that bad!!!!

Now because my AF is not regular I have PCOS he has never even done an exam on me and I have NEVER been told that I have PCOS just because my AF is not 100% I have PCOS I am furious. Keep in mind my AF is between 26-30 days !!!!

Then my insurance did not receive the fax I have to wait two more weeks at least to get approved and guess who is sending a fax 3 times a day till they tell me that they got the fax this time so I can go to my real Dr!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
August 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I hope that your insurance gets their butt in gear and lets you go back to your normal doctor. This one should have at LEAST done a dating scan.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry. Hope your insurance gets moving so you can see your dr.

August 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks this Dr won't do one till 18 weeks I'm just ready for my old Dr back.

August 26th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry. I can totally understand your frustration. I hope they get it straightened out quickly.
August 26th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is so frustrating and upsetting. I hope it all gets straightened out quickly and you get the kind of care you want and need.

Good luck and keep us posted.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
August 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I decided today I am going to quit going to him and just go to the clinic for a check up on my sugars till I can get my insurance in place I am hoping in the next week or two since they did not get my first fax. Why pay $50 just to have him look at my sugar when I can go to the regular dr for $35 and get better treatment. Plus any blood work I get done is only $5

Oh yea I am going to fax my paperwork in again for the third time today ...lol they cant say they have not got it this time....lol

August 26th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sooooooooo annoying! ugh!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

August 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
So frustrating!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014