Started out good.... Now, im noot sure :(

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Danielle.W
  • 1 Post By JandJC

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in for my 2nd ultrasound today. When I went in last week, it turned out I was only 5 weeks. So back today. Determined I am 6w2d and got to see the little bean growing! Also determined my due date is 4/19/14. How's that for missing Easter?! That was the good part.

After the ultrasound, I meet with my OB. She tells me since we couldn't get a good solid heartbeat, there could be issues she also told me it could just still be really early so the heartbeat will just continue to get stronger and stronger as it should. she is only being realistic and telling me all of the outcomes... I get it. But now, I'm freaking out that I could lose this baby this week. I have to go back next Wednesday to make sure there is still a heartbeat and that it is a good heartbeat. Now all I can think about is getting to Wednesday and having a good heartbeat... I'm holding out hope because nausea is starting to set in. Boobs are still sore and I still am exhausted.

I just... Am unfortunately looking at the negative here but I don't know how NOT to...
August 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. That's hard. Personally- I don't think preparing for the worst does any good and I hate when drs do that- they told me my second might have Down's syndrome (yeah I went from having less than one % chance to possibly 1% chance- gah) and all it did was make me worry for no reason!! I hope you get through the next few weeks positively and the little bean keeps right on growing!!! But, I totally empathize with you on being concerned- it's so hard not to be in those situations!
August 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh hon, ((hugs)) hearing news like that is never fun. Last week my doctor read some tests that another doctor ordered, and it turned out one of them was worded improperly. My doc flipped out and told me DH and I should not have TTC because there was still a structure in my uterus from my miscarriage. He ordered tests urgently and told me we would likely lose this baby, too. The next day we went and our tiny baby was dancing up a storm on the screen.

I'm just sharing in hopes it will reassure you. These waiting games we have to play when TTC are so, so awful. I hope the time passes by quickly for you.

((Hugs))
August 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Veteran
That's so hard to hear! Did they tell you what the heart rate was? I hope it turns out to be fine!!!

A big thank you to GraysMama for my gorgeous siggie!

Mama to one great kid through the miracle of adoption and one through the miracle of birth.
August 26th, 2013, 03:16 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
6w2d is definitely still very early in the heartbeat stages - it should really rather be expected that it would *just* be starting to beat, you know? Please try not to worry!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
August 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you're worried. A similar thing happened to me last week at 6 weeks 3 days. The doctor said the heartbeat was slow. I went from being elated at seeing my baby to being terrified. But so many women told me stories of having slow heartbeats in week 6 and that their babies were all fine. The baby's heartbeat has seriously just started. Also, I saw some studies showing that a slow heartbeat at first doesn't mean much as long as the baby is growing, and it sounds like you are on track in that department. As hard as it is, try to remember that worrying won't help anything and try to keep busy. I have my follow-up scan this Wednesday. Hopefully I can share some reassuring news with you at that point. ((hugs))

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

August 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Thank so much ladies.

They did not tell me an actual heartbeat, but it didn't look like they could get an accurate reading during ultrasound. DR kept saying that in cases where the "HB is below 100", blah blah blah.

I am holding to the knowledge that it is still super early to get a heartbeat. So hopefully all will be well Wednesday.

In the meantime, I am struggling to be positive, as much as I know I should. DH made me feel bad because while he is looking on the bright side, he says I brought him down about it. So that makes me feel even worse!

I appreciate the doctor vein honest with me, truly. But going to work tomorrow and the test of the week... Ugh I dread it!!!

Thank again for all the kind words ladies :-)
August 26th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when I was supposed to be 6w5d my ultrasound said 5w5d and my babies hb was almost impossible to measure, but ended up being 84bpm.

I was scared, but they didn't tell me anything was wrong, just that I'd have another one in 2 weeks. I just had it last week, and the baby was measuring perfect. what would have been 7w2d based on the first u/s was measuring 8w2d (back with my LMP) with a hb of 174 It's SO EARLY, seriously. Hang in there <3

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
Below 100 is very low, but if I remember my ultrasound at 6w4d last time around, the little bean was so small it was very difficult to measure the heart rate. I hope all turns out fine next week. I know it's very hard but stay positive!

August 26th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
but if the heart had JUST started beating then it'd be around 85 bpm, then it increases daily (I read it on like 10 different reputable medical websites, I'm not a dr or anything so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt obviously ). So I think if the bambino's heart had just started beating then under 100 would be ok
MKnaomi likes this.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 26th, 2013, 04:50 PM
You ladies really help. While the doctor DID tell me all of this... It helps to hear it from those of you that may have already "been there some that". Ya know?!?
August 26th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
hoping for good news! Sounds like you have nothing to worry about

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 26th, 2013, 05:52 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
My DD's HR was only 117 at 7 weeks 3 days. 6 weeks is really the start of the heartbeat so (I know easier said than done) try to not worry too much. I know that it is a lot easier to hear from peers who have been through it rather than just a doctor.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 26th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs try not to worry and that is really early for the heartbeat. I had my ultrasound today and they didn't even measure the heartbeat because so early and I am 8 weeks 5 days. They just showed us it beating and said looked good.

August 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Super Mommy
Praying for you. Hoping it is just too early. Like my DR said today, so much can happen in one week in terms of development. Good luck!

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

August 27th, 2013, 06:39 AM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They said I am maybe 6 weeks by ultrasound and they couldn't see a heartbeat at all, though she thought maybe it was just a yolk sac still. But she didn't seem concerned that anything was awry in the development. There really is just so much difference from baby to baby in how they develop! I know I'm worrying like crazy about the next 2 weeks and having to wait for ultrasound 2, but even a day at this stage can spell so many changes. Try to relax.

August 27th, 2013, 06:43 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
I know it's so hard not to worry I hope time flys by for you. I think 6W2D is so early for a heartbeat. When I miscarried, we never saw a heartbeat of any kind so to me, the fact that the heart is beating is a GREAT sign.

I will be thinking of you!
LuvsGavinNJamie likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try not to freak out! I know several women who were in similar situations with one of their babies and went on to have normal pregnancies. Sometimes depending on the baby's location, placenta placement, your dates, etc. it's hard to find the heartbeat. Hugs!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
August 29th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry. I hope everything works out ok for you.
August 29th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Thank you ladies, ALL of you! I think I am feeling a bit better, for now anyways.

I just have to look at the positive side of things and wait for my next ultrasound wednesday. I will be 7w4d now.

Again, THANK YOU for all of your support ladies! reading those who have been through it or known someone who was in my shoes makes me feel so much better

Last edited by JackieV; August 29th, 2013 at 04:18 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search