Horribly constipated!

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Danielle.W
  • 1 Post By ChiChica
  • 1 Post By mommy2b43

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I'm terribly constipated. With my second I got so constipated that I ended up with an impacted bowel, an ambulance ride to the ER and a turd bigger than my fists put together. MOST embarrassing thing EVER. So this time I've been using stool softeners, upping my fiber (big time) upping my water and even giving myself either an enema or a glycerin suppository 2x a week. STILL I am pooping like a moose (have you seen a moose poop? Not a mouse, like a giant moose). And I can feel a HUGE turd in my stomach. It's so painful, moving it's way around and down. waiting to impact my bowel and make the firefighters come for a code brown.

NOOO!

Anyone else constipated?

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

August 26th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Super Mommy
Oh no So sorry you are suffering with turditis, I am scared of that happening down the road... Hoping no code brown happens except in your bathroom

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

August 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM
It's awful! They tell pregnant moms "sleep while you can!" Well they should also tell TTC moms "POOP while you CAN!!!"

I'm thinking of taking matters more seriously tommorrow. Eating an entire bag of flax seeds, a whole watermelon and a gallon of water. That should make it move. LOL!
shirley_ann likes this.

Mama to Valley, Lyric

My Ovulation Chart

August 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Super Mommy
Oh no! But you are hilarious, and make me forget I'm sick I actually have the entirely opposite problem, loose bowel city! Is that normal? I know constipation is, but dhiarrhea?
August 26th, 2013, 11:34 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I'm the opposite. If I eat two dairy products close together I'm running for the toilet and it shoots out
August 27th, 2013, 03:33 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Does your midwife have any suggestions? I'll be hoping there's no code brown and MKnaomi - yeah, it's normal. I researched it at the beginning of my pregnancy because I was having the same problem. You can check that your prenatal doesn't have polyethylene glycol in it. It's a stool softener that they put in a lot of prenatals because more women get constipated. But if you're running on the loose side, it could be making it worse.
MKnaomi likes this.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

August 27th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds awful! I really hope you're able to,deal with it without the I,packed bowel!

I'm going both ways every few days. I'll have a couple,days of constipation and then move right t loose BM city.

I do not understand this and it is frustrating.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
August 27th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eeek! I'm having constipation issues right now. Your story made me laugh, but it scares me too. Going to go get some prune juice on my lunch hour now.
August 27th, 2013, 04:36 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Annabonana - I've been experiencing that too.

But to avoid a major issue, I have started adding benefiber to my orange juice every morning. I don't do it 3x a day like they say. But I figure any little bit helps.

Hope your situation gets better!
August 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I was laughing at that! I haven't had issues here, luckily relatively regular so far!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 27th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I bought some fiber 1 bars (prob not the best form of fiber lol, but it was the highest fiber thing I could find) and benefiber, and grapes, and I plan on dumping flax seeds into my green smoothies in the AM.

I also bought 50 glycerin suppositories today. I was only buying the 4 packs, but seeing as how this seems to be ongoing, I invested in the mother load

Mama to Valley, Lyric

My Ovulation Chart

August 27th, 2013, 10:02 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes... I haven't 'gone' in 5 days now. Miralax is the only thing that helps and it's not really this time.

August 28th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry but your wording made me laugh! I'm sorry you are suffering though.
August 28th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's not funny because the constipation is awful but your story made me laugh! U added benefiber and it seems to help. The doctor yesterday said to do milk of magnesia but that stuff is awful. I hate the constipation!

August 28th, 2013, 07:38 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried probiotics? I have been on them for a while because I've heard they can help with morning sickness. My doctor okayed them (though she was just kinda like "I don't see why not, which is only so reassuring but she's a resident family dr not an obgyn lol). Anyway- I'm taking 3 or 4 a day and haven't had any problems. Also- if you're taking a prenatal with iron I'd nix it. I'm in the process of switching to just a folate supplement and vitamin D (I can't remember if you we're the one who said you were doing that already on the hippy thread.
Danielle.W likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search