Dr thinks I will miscarry

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
This isn't really my first post...I was here in 2010 during a pregnancy. I am pregnant again (this is actually baby #5). My doctor was very negative on Thursday and even suggested that my baby's heart will stop beating.

This opinion is based solely on my hcg count. They only drew my hcg twice, 22 days apart. Numbers are below. What was most concerning though is my progesterone dropped. My last two pregnancies I had low progesterone too and had to take prometrium. This is the lowest it's ever been though... 3.7. My October 2010 baby it was discovered at 5.8. And he is fine. I started spotting pink only when wiping 11 days ago, the day after we had sex. And it was just once per day, sometimes skipping days. My doctors office shrugged it off as normal. Then I find out about the progesterone level and am now on prometrium since Thursday. So 5 hours after my first prometrium I had a small gush of blood. Then afterward back to spotting while wiping only. Now today (4 doses into it) I haven't spotted at all.

I haven't gone in since this recent spotting because I already had an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday.

Any words of encouragement - have you been here before?

8/20- hcg 254, prog 12.8
9/9- ultrasound baby measured 6w2d, hr 168
9/11 - hcg 10692, prog 3.7
September 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been in your exact situation, but I did want to say hang in there. I have had spotting after DTD twice. But I've had an ultrasound since then and everything was still good. I'll be hoping that the prometrium helps you.

September 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks. I just can't wait until Tuesday. So far today no real spotting.
September 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I hope that Tuesday brings good news. I also have not been in this situation, but I do need progesterone starting at 3 DPO in order to maintain a pregnancy. I hope that they will monitor your progesterone closely because in early pregnancy it is key.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 15th, 2013, 08:21 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my DS, I had a blood hcg test that didn't even detect the pregnancy somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks. 6 or 7 weeks later I finally took another poas test, positive, then within the week I went and had an ultrasound and I was 13 weeks pg. I don't know if that's any encouragement but my sister had the same happen with her DD.

It sounds like they are doing what they can to support the pregnancy anyway, and the rest of us will be with you hoping your doc was being negative for no reason.

September 15th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
Bleeding is caused by a number of things, two of which are sex and hormonal changes So, perhaps the gush of blood was brought on by the meds? Keep us posted.

September 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Hi, I'm lurking.
First, I can't understand why your dr drew blood 22 days apart! If they'd just done a blood draw on 9/9 you'd have your answer.
Second, I plugged in your #'s to the HcG calculator HCG Calculator: Calculate beta hCG doubling time and according to that you're doubling every 4.1 days. Based on what other moms on here have said, it *seems* like that's Ok. So, they would be 4384 8 days after your last blood draw.

What you'll really be interested to learn is that, according to the table on this page HCG Levels in Pregnancy your levels are within the normal range for 6 weeks from LMP. They're on the low end of normal, but still there.

I just wanted to throw that out there. Obviously it's not medical advice! FX'd for you.

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
September 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Super Mommy
I hope your appointment goes well today. I also hope you can get a better doctor!

June 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
July 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
October 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

After 15 long years, and many losses, our miracle is here!
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014 <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search