Craving sushi and beer

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Karen182
  • 4 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Karen182
  • 1 Post By kemper2.0
  • 1 Post By LuvsGavinNJamie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
These are two cravings that I can't seem to get away from (often, I crave something, eat it, and then never want to see it again). I did indulge in a veggie roll and california roll yesterday. I could easily have them again today. At a football game this weekend, I had a non-alcoholic beer. It sucked. Went out last night and instead had a club soda with cranberry and lime - at least that felt festive. Why are the things we can't have, the things that sound the best.
September 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always seem to want margaritas while pregnant. It's not fair at all!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
September 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't crave a thing right now, but I'm sure I will want sushi at some point & it's so sad to think about, lol.

September 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't eat sushi to often, but the other day there was a lovely display at the store and it looked so good. Maybe I'll have to get some veggie rolls

September 17th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Super Mommy
Craving chinese food like mad. I think I could eat crab rangoons every meal of my day and be satisfied.
MaggieLizer and Luvgreen19 like this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
September 17th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Dragon rolls, avocado rolls, cucumber rolls, tempura yam rolls, tempura shrimp rolls....all safe! Just avoid the raw stuff, and go with the items that are lower mercury (I stick with crab and shrimp), and its not so bad! Now I need sushi this week!

I go by this list for determining mercury level: Mercury Levels in Fish

Lukcily I am not a beer drinker, but I would loooooove a rum and coke.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 17th, 2013, 09:43 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, eat as much veggie and cooked sushi as you want! I had sushi several times the first week or so after I found out, but haven't really craved it since then.

I've had a sip or two of beer here and there, but I think once I'm into the 2nd trimester I might have a whole beer on occasion (with plenty of food, of course.) There's a Southern Tier Pumking up in the fridge right now. I've been dying to try it since last year since I heard it was one of the better pumpkin beers. It's something like 8-9% alcohol though. Gonna make FH drink it next weekend and give me a few sips.

September 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I went through a turkey phase, where all I wanted to eat was turkey sandwiches. Now I'm lucky in that I want pumpkin-flavored things and it's getting close to when people start making pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin rolls... oh man.... and also things with tomato and cheese (pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, stuffed shells). So far mine have been easy!
September 17th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLizer View Post
I've had a sip or two of beer here and there, but I think once I'm into the 2nd trimester I might have a whole beer on occasion (with plenty of food, of course.) There's a Southern Tier Pumking up in the fridge right now. I've been dying to try it since last year since I heard it was one of the better pumpkin beers. It's something like 8-9% alcohol though. Gonna make FH drink it next weekend and give me a few sips.
I literally bought 4 different 6 packs of pumpkin beer, and have been making DH drink each kind so I can taste them all. THIS IS THE BEST BEER TIME OF THE YEAR. My sister said she'd stockpile some and give it to me as a "yay you had a baby" present in April, and we can drink it then to celebrate
MaggieLizer likes this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
September 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually saw pumpkin ale yesterday and it sounded great. I will probably have an occasional beer or cider starting in a few weeks.
September 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
I craved sushi like mad my first two pregnancies, I don't eat the raw stuff anyway so it was fine, we ate it ALL the time! This time I started craving it again, early on, went to get some... BLECH, it wasn't bad sushi or anything I just was so done after a few bites, I don't know when I'm going to want it again Right now, I want popcorn. My FIL was at an event and brought back a whole bunch of bags of this really good kind I can't remember the name, now that's all I want.
September 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness neither of those are particularly appetizing to me...but turkey sandwiches are a hard one for me- ill admit I've had a few- it's hard to resist when you're so sick :/
September 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm craving sushi and margaritas like a mad woman!!
Gray_baby likes this.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

September 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Super Mommy
DH is planning to stock up on pumpkin beer for when I can finally drink (which obviously won't be for awhile). However, he did tell me the Shipyard Pumpkinhead beer is not as good this year... Not sure if he's being nice or telling the truth....
September 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Just this morning, I thought about the delicious spicy crunchy tuna roll that I used to treat myself to once a week from the place across the street from my work. I haven't felt up to eating sushi rolls for weeks now....but for a split second, I thought, "Hmmm....maybe there's hope for me. I could maybe actually eat that again if I was in the right mood...."

My super lunch comes from Mendy's deli - small matzo ball soup, half of a hard salami sandwich on a roll with mayo and mustard and the SOUREST pickle ever. When I eat that, I feel like a champ! Dr said not to worry about the hard salami. I remove all but 5 or 6 slices of it anyway, as they overload their sandwiches and it's not to my liking. I'm just thrilled to be able to keep a full meal down during work hours. That dill pickle is my EVERYTHING. I'm so sick of feeling sick!

(Embarrasingly, the guys behind the counter are getting to know me - they start making my order when they see me approach the counter now....)
September 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want a banana daiquiri. Some good guacamole. Mostly food or anything going into my mouth sounds ick though.
Gray_baby likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search