Food

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your cravings or weird food combos?

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
September 17th, 2013, 05:49 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
My cravings change, the only exception is a constant desire for pumpkin stuff. For a few days I wanted turkey sandwiches, and nothing else. I also have a recurrent wish for mac n cheese. The theme I'm noticing is calcium and protein (my salads are spinach, chick peas, eggs, cheese, and sun flower seeds).

My strange combo was a couple weeks ago at Subway. I ate half of my foot long and saved the other half for later, so I was eating my double chocolate cookie. DH was eating all of his sub, dripped some ranch on his paper... and I couldn't help it, I scooped the ranch up with my cookie! It was really good
September 17th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Banana split waffle. Waffle with bananas pineapple strawberries and chocolate syrup.

September 17th, 2013, 07:35 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dairy items like Colby jack cheese sticks. Carrots and ranch dip are very appealing. But the last several days I've felt blah and my go tos are repulsive to me.

I really want some guacamole and a banana daiquiri. Also, the only thing that sounded okay the other night was a can of chunk light tuna (hopefully low mercury, but I don't eat much fish in general). With salt it was sooooo good. If I had another can I would go for it now.

Oh shredded hash browns. And orange juice.

September 17th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Regular
Nothing weird. But I can't get enough milk!!
September 18th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I always want orange juice. I've stopped buying it because once it is in the house, I can't stop myself and I drink the whole container in one sitting. Nobody needs that many calories in a day from juice!
September 18th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was the same - wanting OJ, but stopped buying it because to much sugar for me. I had the issue of when something sounded really good I'd eat it, and then if it came back up I don't want it for a very long time. I've been wanting dairy things (string cheese, cottage cheese, etc), but I'm lactose intolerant and when I eat dairy it tends to not go so well.

September 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chips with melted cheese. I’m having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know it’s not the best thing to eat, but right now I’ll take anything that my body lets me hold down.
September 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My biggest craving has been Mexican food, particularly green enchiladas. I have wanted them all week, but won't get them until Friday at the earliest. I settled for some tortilla soup the other day and it was good!

September 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last night I went to bed at 9pm, woke up a little before 11pm and had a serious craving for pepper steak from the local Chinese restaurant. I couldn't stop thinking about it and had a hard time falling back asleep. I finally got some for dinner tonight. So good! Which is funny because I don't like Chinese food usually.

I also want bean burritos so I'm going to make a slow cooker "refried" bean recipe I have tomorrow (it's pretty healthy) and have bean burritos for dinner. Yum!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
September 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
French fries and dairy things have been my cravings (especially string cheese and cheese in general), and of course tuna fish, which has been a constant with all three pregnancies for me. (And that really sucks because I don't allow myself to eat tuna more than once a month during pregnancy due to the mercury levels!!) I literally dreamed last night that I sat in our car for about 10 minutes eating tuna salad in a rolled up tortilla because we were out of bread, and in my dream I was like, "This is AWESOME." LOL. I also started craving OJ last week, and I finally picked some up, thinking it would be a mistake due to the acidity, but it actually stays down really well and hits that craving perfectly!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search