Blood + Cramps Yesterday :( Subchorionic Hemorrhage

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 06:42 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? Out of no where yesterday I started cramping and then bleeding bright red. I rushed to the doctor and thank God the baby looked great! Was even measuring ahead of schedule.

The doctor said I have Subchorionic Hemorrhage and that I will most likely bleed until 22 weeks. Even though I saw the baby and it was moving all around with a good heartbeat, I am still petrified!

How are you supposed to be almost 10 weeks pregnant and just not worry about bleeding?

Have I mentioned that my husband is out of town on a business trip so I am extra scared just dealing with this alone? Thank God for my mom. I'm looking for some support/advice from those who have been there! Thanks in advance ladies!

Here is my peanut

They also said the cramps were caused by dehydration and that I need to drink 90 oz of water. I'm pretty sure that is physically impossible!!! LOL

September 18th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. I haven't had that, and I'm so sorry you do. I can't imagine having to bleed for so long and try not to be worried. Glad your little bean is doing great. I read in my pamphlet the doctor sent home with us that you're supposed to drink half your weight in water per day. So if you weigh 100 pounds you drink 50 oz. But they probably want you to have more. I honestly don't track mine

September 18th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a subchronic bleed at six weeks and three days. It was strange. I didn't have cramping, just a gush of blood followed by a smaller gush about an hour later and light spotting until evening when it stopped. It happened on a Saturday and I had an ultrasound the following Tuesday. They said mine was extremely small, 14 mm, and I haven't had a drop of bleeding since. Hopefully by saying you'll bleed until 22 weeks, he is just giving you the worst case scenario. It is strange to bleed while pregnant, but just trust that everything will be okay and that even though this isn't necessarily normal, it isn't abnormal either.

September 18th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry you have to deal with this alone

But the water drinking is totally doable! My doctor said she wants me drinking a gallon a day, and that's 128 oz! I've been getting pretty darn close--I just keep a large water bottle on my desk at all times. 3-4x a day I fill that up (that's 70-80 oz right there) and then I make sure I drink water at lunch and dinner to fill it out.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
September 18th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bleeding during pregnancy is super scary. I bled alot with one of my pregnancies because I had a partial placenta previa. Thank God it resolved on it's own. I'm Happy your little one is doing well.
September 18th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I tried not to google because when I started to I was reading scary things! They did not tell me how big it was. I almost think that is a good thing.

Thanks for the support ladies!
Boos Moo likes this.

September 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJC View Post
I tried not to google because when I started to I was reading scary things! They did not tell me how big it was. I almost think that is a good thing.

Thanks for the support ladies!
Lol! I totally did the same thing! I was like, okay no more Google, I'll just ask my OB questions the next time I see him !

September 18th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My best friend who is about a trimester ahead of us had this. She couldn't do any heavy lifting, anything physically strenuous (sex, too, I think), etc. It resolved by about 24 weeks. So sorry you have to go through this. It's scary.
September 18th, 2013, 08:34 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry you've had such a scare, and are having to deal with this alone. This isn't an issue I have had. I freaked out over just a couple tiny spots of blood, so I can't imagine the horror I would feel seeing what you saw! It's so reassuring to see a healthy baby floatin' around in there though, isn't it? -hugs-

Yes, stay away from Google! I don't mind looking things up for others, but when it's for me I end up convinced it's the end of the world lol
JandJC likes this.
September 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no that sounds super scary! So glad baby is okay!
September 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
**lurking** I was around the same as u.. 10 wks I think and I had a SCH.. I bleed bring red for a few hrs and by the time I got to the Er it was dark brow/old blood...TMI... but I never bleed constantly.. it would be like heavy spotting for a few days and then stop for about 2-3 days and then start back again.. it was like that till I was about 16 or so weeks.. My doc put me on bed rest for 1 mth....

Don't lift anything heavy... drink lots of liquid and just take it easy....

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
September 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Super Mommy
Glad the baby bean is doing well. What a scare! Take good care of yourself

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

September 18th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that your going threw this but I am so glad that the baby is OK. Please take care of yourself.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
September 18th, 2013, 11:08 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a sch with my last pregnancy at exactly 10 weeks. I had just had a miscarriage a few months before and was convinced I was having another. The thing that kept me sane that pregnancy (and this one too) was to buy my own Doppler. Best $49 99 I've ever spent Any time I noticed bleeding or just started freaking out I'd pull it out and listen to her heartbeat. So reassuring! I bled so much that night but I think the bleeding subsided in a couple of weeks. I now have a healthy 14 month old! Hang in there!

September 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry - that must have been terrifying! But I've heard lots of stories of ladies with SCH, and all of those stories ended with a healthy baby. Hang in there and get some rest ((hugs))

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

September 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Thank you ladies!!! I do have a home doppler so I will definitely be obsessing over it, I'm sure.

The doctor told me no restrictions which is good since I have a 17 lb baby! I can't imagine not being able to lift him (especially with my dh out of town). He's only 4.5 mo and can't care for himself yet obviously!

You are all so sweet!

September 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I had that with my beautiful, healthy 2 year old DD. It is one of the scariest things, but outcomes can definitely be great. :dothug

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Veteran
I have one as well. Found out at 9 weeks or so. I have an appt tomorrow so hopefully I will get it checked out. Mine was pretty small and the only restriction was to "not put anything in there!" Lol!
JandJC likes this.
September 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Yup, I had one, too, with my 1st at 6 weeks! I was standing at the cash register at work, when suddenly I felt this big warm gush between my legs. I left my customers standing and ran to the bathroom, where I saw huge blood clots and what seemed like an enormous amount of dark red blood.

We went to the ER thinking I'd m/c, but an u/s showed that my baby boy was still snug as a bug at the top of my uterus. However, the OB I had (who I later switched to a midwife from) blatantly told me that this raised my risk of a m/c, and wouldn't let me get excited even after hearing my baby's heartbeat on the Doppler at 9 weeks. I was so p!$$ed at him! I don't really feel like that's true, but since I spotted until 14 weeks, it meant that I basically spent almost two months of my pregnancy deeply scared for my baby's life. I do NOT recommend letting this panic you! Seeing your baby alive and well on the u/s means that everything is ok,and this will likely resolve on its own!

I was told not to have sex until the bleeding stopped, but I don't know if that would have really helped/hurt anything.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
September 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
My DDB in my last DDC had this, and it resolved itself at 18 weeks. Its not super uncommon! Must be stressful to see bleeding though, hope it resolves itself soon!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search