10 weeks and 6 days, HORRIFIC back pain and other things.

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 10:09 PM
ToasterGirl's Avatar Member
So, right when I hit ten weeks it's like a switch went off. The lower back pain I've got going on is the worst I've ever had, and I build cars for a living. I assumed that I'd have back pain, and I'm showing A LOT, I was very small prior to getting pregnant and my OB said that can make it harder on my back and body in general. I didn't expect it to be so sudden! I know a lot of you have been around the block before with being pregnant and since this is my first munchkin I was curious, what can I do?! I don't have a heating pad unfortunately. It's making it hard to sleep though! Everything else is going well, feeling my belly and feeling it be my uterus for the first time in my life is soooo weird btw, I'm so used to feeling the fat and muscle it feels extremely odd.

Also I love to sing and I was curious if you ladies have any suggestions as to when I should start targeting the belly? I want to sing to him/her and talk and read to him/her. But I don't know when that actually makes a difference?
September 19th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Regular
I would investing a heating pad. I used one with my last daughter and it really helped. From what I've read online. Researchers think baby can hear in the womb around 18 weeks.
September 19th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Veteran
Before you get a heating pad, you can fill an old sweat tube sock with plain white rice and tie the top. The microwave it at one minute increments til hot and it works like a charm on aching muscles. Sorry you're in pain. I have no suggestions aside from taking it easy with your feet up as much as possible.

A big thank you to GraysMama for my gorgeous siggie!

Mama to one great kid through the miracle of adoption and one through the miracle of birth.
September 19th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was doing pest control with my 7 year old DD and it too was hard on my body. I would come home take a hot shower heating pad what ever made me feel better. I ended up telling my boss I had to cut my hours back cause I could not keep working 50 hours a week that may be something you have to do in the future .

Just don't try to push yourself too much its not good on the baby. Could they maybe put you in a easier job for a while?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
September 19th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does the back pain get better or worse during the day? For me my back pain is often caused by my sleeping. I had to start putting a pillow between my legs to help. Also, for me, when I lay down longer than 6 - 7 hours that's when my back really starts to hurt Maybe a pain reliever would help? I hope you find something that works for you. Oh and stretching helps my back.

September 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The ear is fully developed at around 20 weeks in utero. Although the outside ear will grow until a child is around 12 everything is fully developed early. Because the baby is surrounded by fluid low frequency sounds resonate better through the fluid to reach the baby than high frequency. I.e. a vowel will be hear better than a consonant. A motor better than a telephone ringing.

They hear their mothers voice better because it is inside and closer to them than outside voices that have to go through the tissue also.

September 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM
ToasterGirl's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eyes 409 View Post
Just don't try to push yourself too much its not good on the baby. Could they maybe put you in a easier job for a while?

I've been off on workers comp since May, I had surgery on a busted elbow (good timing right? I conceived right after my surgery! lol) Thank you guys for your suggestions and kind words. It seems to be much worse at night time. Doing my best to take it easy, been doing prenatal yoga and walking to try to keep up and active but I think I may take a break for a few days.
September 19th, 2013, 03:39 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd start talking to baby whenever you want to!! Never hurts that's for sure I have no advice about the back pain but hope you feel better soon!
September 19th, 2013, 05:43 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My back hurt really bad last time sometime around 16 weeks. But then it got a lot better after a few weeks. Hopefully it will for you too!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search