Maternity Clothes

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Anyone else starting to wear them regularly?

I can't wear any of my regular dress pants, so I'm rotating 2 pairs of maternity pants and a maternity skirt. Regular shirts still fit great though.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to go shopping this week for a pair or two of maternity pants/capris. I did already have to move into all my elastic waist stuff, and bought 2 pairs of larger pants at goodwill. I found a couple of really cute maternity shirts at goodwill as well, though regular shirts still fit (just look pudgy in them now).

September 24th, 2013, 04:15 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the opposite. I'm having problems with shirts. Between my newly-acquired boobs and my growing belly, my shirts just don't fit right. My pants are fine either with a Bella band or a hair tie.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

September 24th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in pants full time I have been since 6weeks. I do have a couple pair of sleeping shorts I can still wear but that is it. I am still wearing my shirts most of the time cause they still fit I just look fat not pregnant

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
September 24th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've tried to wear some of my maternity pants already but they fall down too easily. My regular pants hurt my tummy though so I just use the hair elastic trick to keep them shut so I don't have to button them. I hate droopy pants that I constantly have to pull up my butt so I'll have to wait to use the maternity pants regularly. I really hate this stage. Today I went out in sweatpants.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
September 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Sadly, I never stopped So I've been wearing them since giving birth in May...

September 24th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Super Mommy
Not yet. I keep waiting to have to at least let out my belt a notch or two, but everything seems to look/feel exactly the same.

I wear dresses 99% of the time for work though, so they'll fit for a long while even if I start to get a belly.
HeyBaby likes this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
September 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am wearing my regular pants with a Maternity Be Band I got from target.
September 24th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two pairs of maternity jeans that I can roll down or use as a full panel later. I wore one pair last night to go out with a friend and they were really comfy. I am wearing regular jeans today, but I have a rubberband around the button because they are just uncomfortable. I placed a small order at old navy for a few tops and leggings. Probably need them in a couple of weeks.
September 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
I've been wearing them for a few weeks. My tummy just looks chubby unless I dress it in maternity wear. And I just hate the feeling of tight pants, so I've gone ahead with it full time!

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

September 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Veteran
Aside from shopping for a new bra (a fruitless task so far - le sigh), I'm not showing. Like Karen 182, I wear dresses to work, so I'm probably okay for a couple months. I did purchase a baby bump coat via mail order because I live in a cold climate and will need one (and it was on ridiculous sale), but when it arrived it was TOO big all over and I sent it back. They're out of the size I need, so I am back to the drawing board.
September 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm living in stretch pants. Last time j put them on my jeans fit fine but they had a little room anyway. I'm guessing my tighter jeans won't fit (but I don't wear them in the summer anyway)...I'll probably be in maternity full time within the next few weeks though- one already gained 3 lbs which I'm annoyed about- at 9 weeks I don't feel like I should have gained any but at least I'm not throwing up/losing so maybe I won't have that 10 lbs in one month I usually get...
September 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in maternity pants full time- I could do the rubber band trick but my kids love to lift up my shirt (just enough to show the waistline when we're out for some reason. I can't wear the be band because it makes me nauseous. I can still fit my shirts, most are forgiving on the tummy anyway.

September 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm using a rubber band with most pants, but I could really use some maternity pants soon. It's not in the budget at the moment but as soon as I start working again I will try to get some. I am usually on the lookout for a good deal on craigslist too.

I'm pretty okay with shirts. I have enough larger sizes from my previous rounds of weight loss so I probably won't need too many mat. shirts. I've got a couple dresses that will work for me for a while too.

September 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still wearing regular clothes. Somehow after having carter my pants fit looser around the waist? Like the pudge just moved up higher lol. So I use to wear a lot of belts but don't need those anymore! With jeans I've been using a hair tie or belly band. I need that with a lot of higher waisted dress pants. I need to get some mternty dress pants and leggings for work pretty soon. Thinking my regular lggings will be pretty uncomfortable soon.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
September 25th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's everyone's favorite place to buy maternity clothes?
I went to our local goodwill store, and they had a lot, but whoever donated them was like a size 2, they were tiny. Really cute and great brand, but tiny. I could only imagine how small that gal must have been before getting pregnant.

September 25th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I’m wearing maternity pants regularly. They are more jegging style pants though. I can still fit in my pre-pregnancy pants, but I’m unbuttoning by the end of the day. The stretchy maternity pants are so much more comfortable. I have one maternity shirt, but have mostly just been wearing my normal tops.

My favorite place to buy maternity clothes is Ross...you get the cute styles, just WAY cheaper!
September 25th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always found shirts I liked at Target. Otherwise I bought most of my maternity pants from Motherhood. I have some maternity jeans from Target but they fit weird - I tried on multiple pairs one day and their sizes are all over the place - like a 10 fit tighter than a 6, it was very odd.

I want to buy some more pants but I really hate shopping for pants. LOL

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
September 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can still wear a few of my pants, but I'm pretty much staying in leggings & yoga pants for comfort, lol.

September 26th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Target has cute stuff. I got the jeans at a thrift store - great shape super cute and the right size. I am not investing a lot in maternity. This pregnancy was unexpected and definitely my last - just a few pieces to get thru and maybe one cute dress or outfit for the holidays. THen I am unloading everything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search