Time to confess!

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Who still has their positive pregnancy tests?

Where is/are they?

If you don't have it, when did you toss it?

I still have all of mine, and I have a lot of them! I tested quite a bit when I was hemorrhaging and had the sub chronic bleed. Duringy my previous pregnancies I kept the tests until my first OB appointment. Not sure why maybe for good luck I guess, ha ha. I think I'll keep these until after my next appointment. I had them lined up on the bathroom counter, but I've had people over, so now they're in a drawer.

October 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Super Mommy
Mine were trashed immediately (I only had two). I saved the first one for half an hour until DH got home so I could show him, but then I threw that away. The second one I was just confirming myself a week later (I had no symptoms, I didn't really believe it), so once it showed positive I threw it away too.

It kinda grosses me out to save something I peed on!

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
October 6th, 2013, 04:02 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a lot of them too, but just took pics and then trashed them.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
October 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, I still have my positive pregnancy test. It's in the bathroom right next to by pregnancy test from my son. That test is over 3 years old now haha! I'm pretty sure I'll never throw it away. It's in a Ziploc bag and it will probably make it's way into some memory box or scrap book of some sort.

October 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first one I tossed the next morning. Then I tested a couple days later and when that was positive also I tossed it the next morning. Waited a couple more days, when that one was also positive I figured they were right and just told DH we had passed our test and I think I tossed it right away.

October 6th, 2013, 05:08 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kept mine for a couple days and then tossed them. I just get kind of grosses out by the fact that there's pee on it pretty sure that would not make my morning sickness happy (I almost always gag while in the bathroom- ick).
October 6th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK being honest I still have 1 and I still have one from DD. Paige who is 7.....lol
seoulmom likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
October 6th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Ugh, they're still sitting up high in the bathroom, I need to chuck them as I took pictures and half them were digital so nothing on them anymore.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had about 6-8. Kept them in my side drawer until about last week.
October 6th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still have mine! LOL. Not sure what I'm doing with them, exactly, but I probably should throw them away.
October 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Super Mommy
Haha, so gone, DH would flip out if I tried to keep them, he thinks it's so gross. I kept it for a few days up high on a shelf in the bathroom, then threw it out.
October 7th, 2013, 02:09 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only tested once and I still have it. I brought it to our sunroom to take a picture of it. It stayed there a while. Then we were having company over so I threw it in my desk drawer, and there it remains. I've thought of tossing it a few times, but so far can't do it. It took so many negative tests to get there that I get sentimental about it, but I don't know what on Earth I think I'm going to do with it.
PastelCalico likes this.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

October 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've kept the first positive ones from each pregnancy. The one from DD1 in in a scrapbook that I made for myself of pictures from the pregnancy and ultrasound pics. It's got a cap on it. And I saved the ones from my 2nd (I think this one is in the memory box) and current pregnancy too.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
October 7th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I knew I wasn't the only one! I don't think it's gross. The peed on part is capped and sealed and even then the pee eventually evaporates away. I just find it reassuring to be able to look and see those double lines during those first few weeks when you don't look or feel pregnant and can't feel the baby move yet.

October 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Veteran
I only took two. One because I just couldn't wait for the BETA. I threw it away a few hours after I showed DH. And the second one was during my 3 week wait to see the baby after the confirmed BETA. I was going crazy because I had no symptoms. The positive showed up before the control line. That one was thrown away after I took a picture to put on my daily journal app on my phone
September 2005 M/C
Diagnosed with Endometriosis September 2006
Diagnosed with PCOS July 2010
Visited East Bay Fertility Center September 2012 - Started IVF meds January 2013
February 6th - Egg Retrieval - 17 eggs 10 only mature/normal - 7 fertilized with ICSI - 3 made it to day 5 blastocycsts. 1 more caught up on day 6 making 4 total!
February 11th - Transferred 2 top notch embryos. - February 22nd - Pregnancy blood work - - February 26th - AF showed
April 2013 - Surgery to remove polyps
July 17th - Started FET cycle - August 7th - Transferred both frosties - August 17th - Cheated and took a HPT - - August 19th - 12dp5dt Blood work confirmed - PREGNANT Beta - hCG 547, Progesterone 66
September 4th - Progesterone - 46.3 - Baby is working it's own magic I can stop progesterone supplements! Yeah!! One little soccer player! Baby is doing great. Heart rate is 117 - Due date is April 27, 2014. The day after DH's birthday. We are already so in love. September 25th - Released from RE to regular OB - Baby measured perfect 9w3d. We have a gummy bear!! Heartbeat is 180 Grow gummy bear grow!

October 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiChica View Post
but I don't know what on Earth I think I'm going to do with it.
Threaten to bring it out at some point when your child brings a significant other over for dinner in high school. "AND THIS IS THE FIRST THING WE EVER SAVED FROM BABY BILLY! WANT TO HOLD IT?!"

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
October 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They are in a sandwich bag in my closet somewhere lol

October 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I believe I do still have it, even though you can't read it since it was a digital test.
October 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Super Mommy
Pee is sterile, I kept all mine - over 15 lol... They are in a keep sake box
Gray_baby likes this.

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

October 8th, 2013, 06:24 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
I still have like 15 from my first pregnancy and at least 4 from this one. haha. I have no idea why I saved them all...I stuck them in a drawer and forgot about them. I also had one in an old purse from pregnancy #1 that I came across recently...kinda gross now that I think about it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search