Is it over yet???

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Time for my weekly wah morning sickness. Who else is still feeling awful? I threw up bile yesterday and today has just been nausea all. Day. Long. And my stomach just hurts...ugh. I have another 2 weeks until the third trimester and another 3 weeks after that until I should be finally done with this...well at least the zofran and the puking :/

Who else? Let's commiserate.
October 9th, 2013, 01:07 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me! I haven't thrown up but I had two great days and now I'm back to feeling sick all the time. Unisom and the seabands aren't helping anymore.
But I've heard it gets worse for a bit before you are done with the morning sickness.
So maybe this is our worst and we are almost done! lol

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
October 9th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Sadly I don't think I've hit the worst yet though its depressing enough as it is uuuugh.

Sorry you're feeling sick too. You could always try zofran- it actually works for normal people...apparently not me (though I'm happy that its keeping the puking at bay so.
October 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I thought my all day nausea was over. Then it hit HARD Thursday, was ok over the weekend and then Monday sucked. It comes and goes. This is my 6th and have NEVER had it this bad. With my 4th I puked a few times but still didn't feel as awful as I feel this time
October 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ob only gives zofran if you are throwing up.
It doesn't really work for me anyways. My sister let me try a dissolvable one a couple of weeks ago and it didn't help at all.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
October 9th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah- I think for some people it does and then some it doesn't. It does not help the baseline nausea and gagging for me. However, I know after throwing up over and over again in one day- I would feel way worse. I've never used it before because it doesn't help with the nausea but now I know that it at least takes it from me feeling like I literally want to die to me just feeling useless- and on the bright side I've only had major breakdowns over it all twice (throwing up before I eat from tooth brushing does not last all day). So, I should be happy that it's so much better this go round and quit my whining.

Just gotta keep reminding myself how much I love this baby- this was actually the most planned baby so far (the other two were anticipated but I didn't "try"- this time I had to wait for my insurance to kick in and then I obsessed over ovulation- I'm blessed to have conceived on the first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmomma View Post
I thought my all day nausea was over. Then it hit HARD Thursday, was ok over the weekend and then Monday sucked. It comes and goes. This is my 6th and have NEVER had it this bad. With my 4th I puked a few times but still didn't feel as awful as I feel this time
I really don't know how people do this over and over and over. I am having such a hard time doing it with two and my 5 year old Is the sweetest little thing helping me so much etc. I'm catholic and I'd never do anything permanent but I'm not sure I'm going to be wanting to make a real effort for another one any time soon!! Now I know why us kids got spaced further and further apart in my family!!
October 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM
My kids are far apart. We both always wanted a big family (no religious reasons). I've had easy pregnancies. I wouldn't be having my 6th if they all started like this I'm so scared it's never going to end.
October 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
It does end. Most people stop throwing up by 16 weeks. Well, that's when they say the ms stops. I know for me the nausea usually lasts most of the pregnancy but it gets less and less severe and I can function much more towards the end- I moved 7 months pregnant with #1 and it was a foreclosure so I cleaned from top to bottom. With my second, I threw a huge birthday party for my first at 8 months so I know I will feel better and things will get back in shape before the baby comes.

I hope we all feel better soon!!
October 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel good with zofran and my unisom/b6 cocktail, but I thought it was over and I could stop my meds, but it wasn't. Hopefully just a few more weeks. Ugh.
October 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
14 weeks over here and still incredibly nauseous Hopefully it will be over soon!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

October 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Veteran
Luckily I have not had much ms this pregnancy but I have zofran for my migraine and I have found that I like the dissolvable ones better because they work faster BUT I have to take 2 or 3 to really get them to work.

October 9th, 2013, 05:33 PM
16 WEEKS!!!! I thought for most it ended at 12!
October 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had not vomited for a week so I thought it was over but today I vomited
October 9th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually when I vomit I'm not nauseous, just vomit and move on. So the actual times when I'm nauseous it's worse because it lasts for awhile. I think some of my times when I'm feeling bad (like this morning) is due to my blood sugar (was feeling shaky and just off this morning). My growing pains are daily (but I take that as a good sign that everything is growing in a good way). And so exhausted that daily naps are now the norm. Sometimes I can't even fight it to stay awake, I'd fall asleep in the chair if I didn't go lay down. Oh and the backaches - everyday it seems.

October 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I have been going to sleep as early as I can at night and sleep until about 9 with about 2-4 pee breaks. Luckily, I usually fall back to sleep pretty quickly.

I felt okay this morning- just had my half a bagel for breakfast so we'll see how it sits. Maybe I can get up the energy to get the kids out of the house today!!
Boos Moo likes this.
October 10th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Veteran
My friend got morning sickness from 12 weeks up until she delivered. It can happen at any time during your pregnancy and any time during the day. Not necessarily just in the morning.

Have any of you ladies tired Ginger Root Tea, or just Ginger tea. It's supposed to help with nausea. I haven't tried it, I haven't had any morning sickness at all. *Knock on wood* I do feel off in the mornings before I eat but once I eat I feel good as new.

GL
September 2005 M/C
Diagnosed with Endometriosis September 2006
Diagnosed with PCOS July 2010
Visited East Bay Fertility Center September 2012 - Started IVF meds January 2013
February 6th - Egg Retrieval - 17 eggs 10 only mature/normal - 7 fertilized with ICSI - 3 made it to day 5 blastocycsts. 1 more caught up on day 6 making 4 total!
February 11th - Transferred 2 top notch embryos. - February 22nd - Pregnancy blood work - - February 26th - AF showed
April 2013 - Surgery to remove polyps
July 17th - Started FET cycle - August 7th - Transferred both frosties - August 17th - Cheated and took a HPT - - August 19th - 12dp5dt Blood work confirmed - PREGNANT Beta - hCG 547, Progesterone 66
September 4th - Progesterone - 46.3 - Baby is working it's own magic I can stop progesterone supplements! Yeah!! One little soccer player! Baby is doing great. Heart rate is 117 - Due date is April 27, 2014. The day after DH's birthday. We are already so in love. September 25th - Released from RE to regular OB - Baby measured perfect 9w3d. We have a gummy bear!! Heartbeat is 180 Grow gummy bear grow!

October 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM
The natural remedies do not work. For that matter neither do the unnatural ones it might work for people with mild sickness but nothing helps my all day nausea I thought I was going to be okay today- I feel like death uuuuugh. So depressing.
October 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You poor thing! While I didn't vomit due to my morning sickness I was really really sick and miserable. I had a love-hate relationship with the Zofran - I had to stop when I couldn't take the constipation anymore. Thankfully the nausea has really backed off over the last week so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!! I still get nauseous if I get too hungry so I try not to get too hungry. But I swear it feels like I'm eating all day now. I've heard morning sickness "peaks" around 9 weeks so hopefully that means you won't feel any worse before it gets better. I hope it's soon for you. There's nothing worse than being sick with older kids to take care of. Yuck!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
October 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Um yeah I'm failing at that. The kids are destroying my house and I've spent all day Laing around to come downstairs and dry heave for ten minutes. It hurts and my older children are not behaving at all. It's like they hear me dry heaving and then go "okay can you get me a snack?" I know they're little but really the five year old has her moments. I'm really starting to hit my limit with this. Not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to keep on going
October 10th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jamie sending good feeling vibes your way. I have to eat some sort of protein in the morning or I really start feeling bad. With my last pregnancy I had to get up in the middle of the night to eat some protein to keep my blood sugar in a normal range. I think I may have to start doing that this time around to since I feel shaky lately in the morning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search