I am sick AGAIN! Had to reschedule my 12 week appt today.

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 07:02 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
This is the second time in a month! Can a cold relapse? My youngest DS acted super cranky all day yesterday, and then cried non-stop until 2 a.m. Right around that same time, I started with the swollen lymph nodes under my chin and a sore throat. I was like, "Ohhhhhh, THAT'S what's upsetting him so much." Poor kid. I know exactly how much this hurts. I'm a little more mucousy again, too, but not like last time. I think this is what my dizzy spells were leading up to, though, so I'm hoping they clear up after I'm better. I just haven't felt good for a few days now, and my morning sickness is twice as bad, I guess because I'm sick? I don't know, but it's NOT what I need right now.

Anyway, sorry for just popping in here to complain. I'm just flabbergasted that I'm sick again, because I am NEVER sick. This is so weird for me.

I wasn't getting an ultrasound today since I opted out of the NT scan, so I guess it's not that big a deal, but I'm hoping that this doesn't mean my 20-week anatomy scan will be pushed back as a result since they schedule every four weeks right now.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
October 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A few weeks before I got pregnant I had strep throat that came back, but that was because she had me take an antibiotic I had to remember 4 x a day. That came with, of course, a horrible sore throat and swollen lymph nodes I believe as well as just plain feeling awful and eventually my body hurting like I had the flu or a really bad cold. If it doesn't improve in a few days or seems to get markedly worse, I'd get checked out for the "cold" itself. Of course if you assume you have the same as what DS has, you may find out by getting him checked out too. But both times I went to the doc they said they doubted I had strep (and I agreed because I'd never had it before). The quick strep even said no but the longer lab test said yes.

anyway, mama, go with your gut.

Oh and I might note that while my kids were sick shortly before or even during my strep infection, neither of them ended up with strep.

October 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a elementary teacher with a very strong immune system. I never get sick despite all the yucky germs I'm exposed to daily. UNLESS I'm pregnant, then my immune system is nonexistent. H1N1, reg flu, stomach viruses, bad colds, strep, you name it. Thankfully I'm home now so I only have to deal with the germs the preschooler brings home rather than 24 other kids. Feel better!

October 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can sympathize. My DD brought home a cold from preschool and we've spent the last almost 2 weeks dealing with snot and coughing. It's exhausting! I rarely get sick but when I do I always do it worse than everyone else, it's not fair.

I hope you're feeling better!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
October 15th, 2013, 10:13 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sick but I can sympathize with the morning sickness and sick 2 yr old!! I've been really nauseous the last few days, especially in the morning and night. And DS has been inconsolable at times over the past few days. Luckily he cheers up a lot with Tylenol and now that we're back home he's sleeping (knock on wood). But his attitude has been making us wonder what possessed our sweet little boy! He always throws occasional tantrums but not like the past few days. Hope you and the little guy get better soon!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
October 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Regular
Feel better soon! hugs

Conceived #1 with Endo & PCOS with no medical help, it's just meant to be!!!
ETD April 11, 2014
Head over heels in Love with my DF - engaged August 31, 2013

October 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Thank you, ladies. I'm feeling worse. But I know that I'm on my way to getting better because my cough has been a lot more productive over the past couple days, so I'm getting a lot out of my lungs and hopefully clearing them up. My nose is running still, and my head feels like it's splitting down the middle every time I cough because of the migraine that all the coughing caused in the first place. Seriously, it feels like I burst some blood vessels or something. But from what I've read online, you don't need to worry about a cough unless it's accompanied by xyz, and I don't have any of those worrisome symptoms. Just a typical nasty cold. Bah!

My appt had been rescheduled for tomorrow, and I'm going to keep it because I'm worried about the baby. It's hard not being to the point yet where I can rely on fetal movement to let me know he/she is doing all right in there. I'm just afraid that under all this stress that my body's going through after being sick for so long, that something will go wrong, or the baby will stop growing. It's a terrible thought, but I can't help thinking it. So, I'm going to be packing wet wipes, tissues, Purel, and cough drops to make sure I'm not spreading any germs tomorrow. I think I'll be fine as long as I'm sitting far away from anyone and not hacking onto anything or touching my face, and then touching anything else. I just want to hear my baby's heartbeat and be reassured!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search