How did everyone meet their SO?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Super Mommy
Not really looking for a full story here, as I think for most of us that could get pretty long . Just
Where: college, work, the park, a bar, highschool sweethearts etc.
How Long ago
Was it love at first sight or did it take a while for things to get going ?
October 11th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I met DH and a mutual friend's house (I actually had a crush on the friend at the time). It was 25 years ago now! We started dating about 3 or 4 months later.

October 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
High school sweethearts I used to admire him in the halls but he had a girl friend. Once that ended we started hanging out. He said he knew I liked him and so did his girlfriend, she used to accuse him of liking me lol.
We've now been together for 19.5 yrs. married for 16.
kemper2.0 likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 11:49 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were introduced by a mutual friend.

October 12th, 2013, 02:25 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Internet dating. We met for tea on our first date in April, so less than 6 months ago. After the date I told some friends that I thought I might marry him.

October 12th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At a friends house when I left with the guy I was dating at the time he said " when she breaks up with Gumby I'm going to take her out" a few weeks later we went out 3 months after that we were married everyone said it would not last almost 9 years now :-)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
October 12th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Veteran
I love reading these!

It's hokey, but I met my husband at church. I sing in the choir, so he had is eye on me for awhile. One lovely summer day, he approached me after the service, introduced himself and asked if I'd like to go to lunch with him. I liked him right away! We've been peas-n-carrots ever since.
Blue Eyes 409 and MKnaomi like this.
October 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Met DH 7 years ago at the restaurant I used to work in. I was a server. He used to bring his grandma in to eat. It was the sweetest thing
mzshell13 likes this.

October 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Super Mommy
He was my TA in college The business school hired undergrads to TA freshmen discussion sections, and I was taking business statistics. I barely said two words to him. The next semester, we had multiple classes together (we were the same double major), so we found ourselves partnered up on projects.

We both liked each other right away, but he was soooooooooo shy. I had to play every trick up my sleeve (including letting him eat all my cafeteria meal points!!) until he finally asked me out! We've been together for 8 years, married for 5.5.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
October 12th, 2013, 02:47 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We met on MySpace of all places (gah that place got shady and now it's just weird lol). We started dating pretty soon after we "met" and got married a year and four days later
October 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I met SO online 2 years ago
October 13th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha Mommy2b43...I met my DH on MySpace too. We had many mutual friends so he sent me a message so we could meet.

We have been together 7 1/2 yrs...married for 5.
October 13th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Super Mommy
We met at a Halloween costume party 8 years ago now. Wow, time sure does fly right on by.

October 13th, 2013, 06:25 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
In Kindergarten And then again in high school band class. We didn't know about kindergarten until we were getting married.
Blue Eyes 409 and Boos Moo like this.

October 13th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Veteran
Hubby and I were best friends when we were 8. We grew up together. Our dad's worked together, but our moms didn't get along. Lol. So we've known each other for 22 years, dated for 2 years and have been married for 11 years! He truly is my best friend.
mzshell13 and MKnaomi like this.
September 2005 M/C
Diagnosed with Endometriosis September 2006
Diagnosed with PCOS July 2010
Visited East Bay Fertility Center September 2012 - Started IVF meds January 2013
February 6th - Egg Retrieval - 17 eggs 10 only mature/normal - 7 fertilized with ICSI - 3 made it to day 5 blastocycsts. 1 more caught up on day 6 making 4 total!
February 11th - Transferred 2 top notch embryos. - February 22nd - Pregnancy blood work - - February 26th - AF showed
April 2013 - Surgery to remove polyps
July 17th - Started FET cycle - August 7th - Transferred both frosties - August 17th - Cheated and took a HPT - - August 19th - 12dp5dt Blood work confirmed - PREGNANT Beta - hCG 547, Progesterone 66
September 4th - Progesterone - 46.3 - Baby is working it's own magic I can stop progesterone supplements! Yeah!! One little soccer player! Baby is doing great. Heart rate is 117 - Due date is April 27, 2014. The day after DH's birthday. We are already so in love. September 25th - Released from RE to regular OB - Baby measured perfect 9w3d. We have a gummy bear!! Heartbeat is 180 Grow gummy bear grow!

October 13th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
DH and I met in college. He approached me after class in the stairwell and struck up a conversation. We were boyfriend and girlfriend 2 weeks later... which was 11 years ago last week. We've been married for 5 years.
October 13th, 2013, 03:46 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're high school sweethearts but didn't actually meet at school. We were waiting in line for the same ride at an amusement park and we traded aim screen names . That was 12 years ago, we've been married for 5.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
October 13th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
These are all very cute stories! I met mine at college. We were friends for a few months, then we got together after a party.

October 13th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Super Mommy
So cute
We met at church, since it was on the same property as the college I was going to, I started going there as well. We were "interested" friends right away, but then he went to Australia for a year, and got over each other... I thought. Then there was a year or so of off again on again dating, before the 'real' thing. Married a year and a half later, and that was 5 years ago
October 14th, 2013, 05:53 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
We met in the grocery store in the self-checkout lane - 6 years ago in May - Our marriage is going on 4 years (coming up in November)
MKnaomi likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search