Manic Monday?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By ChiChica
  • 2 Post By Karen182
  • 1 Post By shirley_ann
  • 1 Post By Moi
  • 2 Post By mommy2b43
  • 1 Post By Gray_baby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So is your week starting off crazy, or laid back? Or is it even the start of your week?

DH is off today and tomorrow, so this is our 'weekend'. And we're just doing things around the house. My prenatal monitor should come in today so we can start listening to baby.

October 14th, 2013, 05:24 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm enjoying Columbus Day off from work We are officially entering the time of year where it seems like more weeks than not, there is some sort of holiday that I have off. I've scheduled a prenatal massage for this afternoon. I feel like the last couple of weeks have been full of growing pains and I'm hoping this helps.
Boos Moo likes this.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

October 14th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Super Mommy
Columbus day! (The stupidest holiday ever, but I'll take it!) This is the first day I've had off since school started, and Lordy be, I need this day! I have a couple errands to run, and then I'm finishing my minion pumpkins and meeting up with a friend this afternoon.

This evening I will rush to finish my grading and lesson plans for the week--but I am going to put that off for as long as I can and enjoy my relaxing morning!
ChiChica and Boos Moo like this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
October 14th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Super Mommy
I've come down with a doozy of a sinus infection, sore throat and head cold. Thankfully it is my day off work. I am in bed propped up and watching tv shows on my laptop. Will eventually venture out to the store to get orange juice and soft kleenex
Boos Moo likes this.

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

October 14th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids are off. I have to work (I work from home). It should be an easy day if they entertain themselves. I need to bathe my dog. She is smelly.
October 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Super Mommy
I'm also off for Columbus Day! I bought art supplies yesterday to work on our announcement sign (we're still in the closet at 13 weeks now). Our pup is having some stiffness and joint issues after apple picking this weekend so I'm going to call the vet to set up an appointment. I also have a little work to do. Hoping to mostly relax!
Boos Moo likes this.
October 14th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far mine is easy. I could not fall asleep till after 4 this morning then I had to get up at 5:50 to get the girls I babysit when they got here we all went back to bed and I slept till 9:30 :-) now I better wake them up they are still sleeping ....lol

Hubby left to go back to work this morning but he is just 2-3 hours from home so it is nice having him that close:-)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
October 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
With everything going on (plus the fact that DH works in a hotel and I homeschool), I forgot today was Columbus Day. Well, we studied it last year, I guess we'll skip studying it this year - LOL.
Hope those who are feeling sicky get some rest and start feeling better soon.

October 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weeeeell, I hit 12 weeks yesterday and I woke up at 3:30 am this morning and was puking by 4. I then couldn't get back to sleep for the life of me. Had to take an extra zofran to see if it helped...I don't know if it did but I fell back asleep finally sometime after 7 am...I'm so sick of this. I'm hoping this is the peak and it's on it's way out. Somehow I doubt it though.

Had to skip homeschool co-op this morning but couldn't find anyone to help with my kids unfortunately. This will end soon...soon enough anyway. Okay not soon enough but oh well I knew this was what I was in for when I very purposefully decided I wanted another baby- and you know- I still very much do want a baby despite all the whining.
October 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Crazy Monday. We attempted a short weekend trip to Minneapolis, including flying with a two year old, and it was a disaster. He wasn't feeling well and spent a lot of our time inconsolably screaming!! He wouldn't go to sleep for nap or bedtime and woke up at 4 this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep. Made for a great morning going to the airport!! Definitely regretted trying it. He did have a good time riding rides at nickelodeon universe, but it definitely wasn't worth the time and money spent. Not to mention the headaches and arguing it caused.

So yeah, I know this phase will pass, but after always 3 or more kids I'm starting to think 2 may be enough. It's making me sad but I don't know about having anymore :-/. I wanted my kids 2-3 years apart but right now I can't imagine having two toddlers and a newborn. And part of me thinks maybe I should wait a while after this baby comes and have a baby 4 years later. But then we're starting all over and it'll hold carter and this baby back from doing fun stuff! I know I'm getting ahead of myself but just needed to vent!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
October 14th, 2013, 05:39 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3 years apart is perfect and if you wait 3 years, your oldest wont be a toddler and I'm finding five to be an awesome age. 3 was the worst for us but 2 wasn't bad so I think it was a trade off. You'll find your second has a different personality and different challenges and positives. Right now you just need some sleep I have definitely had and will continue to have the "omg I'm not going to make it" moments but the good times make up for it. And, there is nothing sweeter than seeing how much my babies love each other!
Gray_baby and katiep726 like this.
October 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's crazy!

I'm FINALLY back at work and in the classroom. It's been 6 months since I finished student teaching and 3 years since I was actually employed anywhere. I started substitute teaching today and I have 2 more jobs for this week. The job today was a little rough - but I expected it to be tough starting out. The worst part was that DS was supposed to start riding the bus to preschool today but they did not make his stop (or didn't stop at the right address) so he missed school and spent all day at the babysitter's - and he missed picture day today too (and i had even forgotten about that and dressed him in his uniform so I already felt bad enough. I found out about the bus during my lunch break and I felt so awful and cried. I hope tomorrow is better.

But I have my NT scan on Wed. afternoon so I will have the day off and get to see my baby and spend the afternoon/evening with FH. I can't wait.

October 14th, 2013, 08:27 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kinda laid back. I just did 40 hours in 4 days at work, so it was nice to be off today.

I'm on call tonight though till 7 am for the hospital, so that stinks

October 15th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Oh Michele, that's awful. Hugs. Today and tomorrow will be better. And hey, they have make up picture day for a reason

October 15th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hit 13 weeks yesterday! My DH was off from work so we had a lazy day at home. It was really nice and my 2 year old said she wanted daddy to stay home again today.
Boos Moo likes this.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search