Do You Ever...

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Moi
  • 1 Post By juliebee123
  • 1 Post By Karen182
  • 2 Post By mommy2b43
  • 1 Post By isawastar
  • 1 Post By Bekki

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
...Take a moment, and be like "Holy cow! Next year this time, I'll be doing ______ with an x month old"? I've had a lot of those moments lately

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 14th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Super Mommy
Yep! We had one of those this weekend while apple picking. DH was like we're going to pushing around a stroller in the orchard next October! I then informed him he would be carrying little one in one of those harness thingys. (Can you tell it's our first baby? Lol)
MrsPalumbo likes this.
October 14th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happens all the time every pregnancy! We're going to move by Jan 2015, so we talk about how we'll need a bigger house, and what it'll be like to make the move with not only three kids, but an infant too. I can't believe we're already having our third either!

October 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Super Mommy
Yep... a lot of those moments. It is exciting!!!

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

October 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have those too. I remember when I first found out I was at the store there wax a baby crying I'm like omg that kid is so loud glad that's not me....then omg that's gonna be me next year....lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
October 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, especially since I never thought I would have another. We went pumpkin picking yesterday and sometimes my kids were grumpy about having to take another picture. I said, next year we will have a cute baby who will sit up in the patch and cooperate for all the pictures I want. :O
MrsPalumbo likes this.
October 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Except for me it 'I hope we have an x month old next year' (still very nervous). We have a big trip that includes flying in December next year and I've already been worrying about if the baby will cry or not.

October 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos Moo View Post
Yep. Except for me it 'I hope we have an x month old next year' (still very nervous). We have a big trip that includes flying in December next year and I've already been worrying about if the baby will cry or not.
Umm, let's be honest...the baby will cry. And my baby will be crying right alongside yours, as we travel back and forth from DC to California for my sister's college graduation in June, and for Christmas with the family!
Boos Moo likes this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
October 14th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes!! Our nephew and 2 boys were running a muck yesterday, and I looked at DH and said…this is about to be an everyday thing for us soon! Life seems like it will be so different from 2 to 3 (sort of 4, because we just got guardianship back of DH’s sister).
October 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, as far as the baby crying. I had a 3 month old on a plane and she didn't make a peep. The older ones may be tougher but you might luck out

I don't really think of it much because I don't want it to be next October- I want it to stay next may forever!!!! Maybe June because we'll be in more of a routine (the first few weeks are always rough for me). I am very excited for it to be next April though so I can get my little leech out of me (btw I use leech in the most loving way- really my babies make me miserable for the first four months or so of their existence but I love them anyway).
LuvsGavinNJamie and Boos Moo like this.
October 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, but when I do I get scared. They are usually times when I'm having a difficult time with my son (who is 2) and I wonder "how am I going to handle 2"? I wanted to have two, I'm just afraid because sometimes he can be a handful. I'm probably going to be afraid to go out in public for a while lol

October 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes and it's scaring me!! We had a really rough weekend with DS on a plane, in the hotel, and at the mall. He was terrible, I guess they don't call it terrible twos for nothing. It's really scaring me to think of having a newborn and this crazy child my son has turned into!! I'm just hoping he gets better behaved by then I know he'll still be a challenge but I think being able to communicate better will help! He's getting really frustrated that we don't understand what he wants.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
October 14th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I have had many of those moments at the pumpkin patch, outand about with my girls.

I am nervous about getting DD#1 to the bus on time with a newborn. Or getting to the bus stop on time to get her off the bus. What happens if the baby needs to nurse right at that moment?
DH will take a week off but, that includes the 2/3 nights I am in the hospital. Then it's mostly all me. I may have to ask my neighbor to be on standby in case I am not there.
October 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have these thoughts every single day!! Ahhhhhh!

October 15th, 2013, 05:54 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
ALL THE TIME!! My father-in-law booked a family cruise for all of us for January 2015 and we're like, omg we're going to have an 8 month old with us! We've never vacationed with an infant before, it should be interesting! Especially because when we go on cruises they consist of pure relaxation and drinks with umbrellas. Not anymore!
October 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! I think of this all the time. Like how I'll have a newborn to carry into the preschool with me when I take my older two to school - should I wear the baby or keep him/her in the car seat, and how will I hold all the little hands at once? Oh dear! Then I start thinking about how I'll be pregnant or nursing until April 2015 and I get so tired thinking about it.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
October 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPalumbo View Post
ALL THE TIME!! My father-in-law booked a family cruise for all of us for January 2015 and we're like, omg we're going to have an 8 month old with us! We've never vacationed with an infant before, it should be interesting! Especially because when we go on cruises they consist of pure relaxation and drinks with umbrellas. Not anymore!
Most cruise lines have babysitting available (for a fee, but it wasn't terrible). It would allow you to have a fancy kiddo-free dinner one night if you need it!

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
October 15th, 2013, 09:12 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had those yet, probably because I've been so braced this time around and afraid of loss so I push those thoughts away! Lately though it's finally dawning on me, "I'M REALLY PREGNANT!" I keep telling DH, "This is really happening!" and then bursting into tears LOL My tummy pooching out and stuff like that really make it real, finally. I'm sure I'll catch up soon
Boos Moo likes this.
October 18th, 2013, 11:25 AM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I wasn't doing that but now I am! Thank you very much! Just kidding. I've had vague thoughts but mainly it is in reference to my daughter and how we will have to decide whether to move her to the other bedroom upstairs or let her share with baby (although honestly I know that when baby is born he/she will spend most of the time in our room or the living room with me. But still I don't really like the idea of her sharing with the baby or of her being upstairs. I'm still afraid of my son being up there and falling if he has to come down to potty at night or when he's very sleepy in the morning or being trapped up there if there's a fire. I'm a horrible worrier lol. It's part of the reason I'm medicated lol!

October 18th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
I'm not. I'm so stuck I'm sick mode that I haven't thought much past this stage. But let's be honest here, by the time you have 7 kids, going to 8 doesn't phase you.
LuvsGavinNJamie likes this.

Thank you, Claire1979, for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search