Soooo flipping annoyed. Rant warning!

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By JulieM
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Gray_baby
  • 1 Post By mzshell13
  • 1 Post By shirley_ann

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
So a couple of weeks ago I was in the car with my younger sister and her husband and their son's Christening came up. I asked if they had picked the Godparents yet and they looked at each other awkwardly and my sister said they were still thinking about it. I was like oh ok, we'll we're asking Aunt Donna (who is both of our favorite Aunt and I kinda wanted to make sure she wasn't asking her too). So I proceeded to tell her that we're going to have a custom onesie made that says, "Dear Aunt Donna, Will you be my Godmother? Love, Baby's name." They said oh that's cool and the subject changed.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago. I'm perusing through my FB feed and see a post from my sister's best friend saying, "Yes I will!" with a picture of my nephew WEARING A ONESIE ASKING HER TO BE HIS GODMOTHER!!! I'm so annoyed with my sister right now. First off, if you think my idea is cool, then say hey I liked your idea, do you care if I do the same thing? Or if it was something she had already thought of on her own then when I told her about it she should've said that's funny, she was thinking the same thing! NO. I find out on freaking FB.

I know I have to just let it go and not really say anything bc it will turn into a war so I'm venting here (and of course to my wife, poor thing!) I also know that in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal, but it's just fresh and I'm pretty fuming right now.

So now instead we're going to make a Shutterfly book with pics of the ultrasounds and the baby once it's born and on the last page have it say the same thing the onesie would have. I love this idea too, but it just wasn't the original!!!

Ok, rant over.
October 23rd, 2013, 09:32 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sorry that she took your idea. It is super frustrating when people do that. I like your new idea as well.
MrsPalumbo likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rant away. Sorry that happened. Just keep focusing on the good and taking care of your wife and the little one
MrsPalumbo likes this.

October 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. Rant away. I still think the second idea is cute!!
MrsPalumbo likes this.

October 23rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hate when people blatantly steal ideas. Still like your other idea though!
MrsPalumbo likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 24th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How lame to steal your idea! I agree it would've been different if they said they liked it and wanted to use it too, but to just steal it?! How frustrating.
MrsPalumbo likes this.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
October 24th, 2013, 07:48 AM
I was surprised at how aggravated I was by this! Thanks for the validation, ladies I'm trying to just let it go but I have a hard time not voicing my opinion!
October 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had an idea stolen too. It was something minor but it bugged me. Lesson learned- if it's something very important to you, keep it to yourself.
MrsPalumbo likes this.

October 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Super Mommy
I'd still get a dig in on her for stealing it... lol... I couldn't let that slide...
Your other idea is good too though
MrsPalumbo likes this.

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

October 25th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Shirley--I am the SAME way. It's so unbelievably hard to bite my tongue.

Can't say anything to her right now though, I just found out she just had a blowout with our Mom and banished her from her home. Maybe my sister's hormones are still out of whack from having my nephew 3 months ago, idk. But she's on a rampage! I'm steering clear of that mess for now!
October 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow. I just don't get how people can do crap like that. I'm sorry she stole your idea (which was adorable) but your second idea is cute too!
I can also understand you wanting to steer clear of her hormonal (or whatever ) mess, though I agree it would be SO HARD to not say something!
October 25th, 2013, 10:09 AM
And this is why I want to get rid of my Facebook!
It's so aggravating when others take your ideas, especially when it comes to cute things to do about baby.
I still say do the onesie idea though It's too adorable not to, besides it's not like you'll be asking the same person!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search