November Chat

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have any family here so we always go to the zoo on Thanksgiving. It's a great day to go because it's practically empty! I bake a small ham and stuff when we get home. It's a nice day.

I have to start planning and shopping for my kids' birthday party this month. It's in January. We also need to get started on Christmas.

Not sure if my in-laws are coming the weekend before Thanksgiving or not. I hope not, but I doubt it.

So we are looking into possibly getting another dog. I feel sad that we are looking so soon after loosing our old man, but DH and I talked about it and with baby coming we either have to get one now so we have about 5 months to get him potty trained and some manners set in place or we have to wait two years until baby is about 18 months old. Our other dog has been so depressed since he passed. She HATES sleeping alone (they used to sleep on the same bed and snuggle) so I keep waking up with a 50 pound pit bull curled up against my back or on my legs. Not so comfy! I also would feel safer with two dogs in the house. We are going to rescue and if we can't find exactly who we are looking for by the end of the year, we'll probably just hold off.

November 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck in your doggie search.
We lost our smaller dog early in the year and had the same problem with our pit mix rescue. She seemed so sad without her Autumn dog and DD was so sad that we ended up getting a new dog for DD's birthday in the summer. They barely fit, but they also like to snuggle up in the same dog house (this dog is a pointer mix so much bigger than the doxie we lost).

November 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Losing pets is so hard. I have three old lady cats and a puppy. It's a zoo.

I am thinking about my boys birthdays. They are in march and I can't do friend parties so close to the baby coming. I was thinking of maybe doing an unbirthday in December during break. Or maybe Feb.
November 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Super Mommy
My sister in law is the best planner ever! Two of her boys have bdays close to each other (end of oct, and mid november) so she is doing a combined bday for them tomorrow, AND her littlest guy is getting dedicated at church this sunday so she'll make the party a combined celebration for him too! Such a great idea lol! I love the big family birthdays she does, with both sides of the family she has a big family, and so do we, it's a lot of people! but it would be hard to do 4 times a year, so combining works great I can also do 'family' gifts that way, like a board game everyone can enjoy, or an experience, like passés to the zoo. From now on I think I shall try to plan my babies birth dates as close together as possible!
November 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM
So we're getting ready to go on our trip, and my lip decides I need a cold sore! Ugh. I often get them when I've been sick, but I've been over that cold for days now. So even though I treated it early and it won't get big, it still means I'll have an ugly lip for the week

November 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Regardless how long the weekends are, they are never long enough. The probate officer rescheduled their visit from yesterday to today. I’ll be glad when the guardianship hearing is done with on Monday and we can put all the stress behind us. On a positive note, we got our dog back that ran away earlier this week. Starting to see some sunshine behind the clouds that seem to be swarming over our heads lately!! Hope all you ladies have an amazing week!
Boos Moo likes this.
November 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm always amazed at the number of people who have to do multiple family events for each holiday. How is it family members can't understand you get married and don't attend every function every year? I feel lucky to live so far from family for this reason because it's easy to say it's too expensive to travel for every holiday or whatever. Then we stay home and do our own thing, it's nice. Family can be so dramatic.

Speaking of which I told my mom she's welcome to visit in December before Christmas. Then my DH told his mom she should plan a visit if she wants (she lives in NH so she has to fly). He told her my mom is planning to come so we'll plan their visits on different dates. She told him to remind my mom that "she's already been to visit since you moved" (we just moved to TN from AZ this summer). So she's jealous my mom has been to visit but she hasn't made any attempt to come herself and always finds an excuse not to come. Ugh.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
November 12th, 2013, 08:52 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a freaking cold sore in my nose! Which wouldn't be horrible but I blow my nose 20+times a day. Ouch!
This is my third cold sore this pregnancy. I'm so done with these horrible things!

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
November 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
My cold sores typically stay on my lip, but this one (even though it didn't get big or painful and went away quickly) made a spot right below it on my skin. WTHeck?!
Well at least it doesn't hurt and is almost all the way gone. I didn't even get super chapped lips this time.

November 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM
One time when I was really sick I got a huge cluster on my cheek. That thing hurt soooooo bad.
I keep L-Lysine on hand now and start popping those as soon as I feel a tingle. They work amazingly!

My BFF for the last 2 years is moving next week (military life so it is expected).
It just really stinks because we really "clicked" right off.
Her daughter and mine were born just hours apart and are each other's first bffs, it is going to be a tough couple of months.
We do have a get together planned for after the baby comes.
Just feeling down today.

November 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Oh that sucks Elizabeth. It's so hard when friends move. Hopefully she's not moving to far, or you can keep in touch easily.

November 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
I really want to be more active here, I just totally suck at making the time to come and get to know you ladies. :-(
Liz, sorry about the cold sore be your friend leaving. Have you already loved there two years?? It seems like you just moved.
I had dental work the other day. My mouth was open for three hours and my jaw is so sore. I can't wait for the pain to go away!

Thank you, Claire1979, for the siggy!
November 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
She is moving 8ish hours away. Not too bad. Hopefully we will keep in touch.

It is a little under two years. It seems like we have been here forever. Lol

November 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Just about a week away for Thanksgiving (more for me as we have our dinner on Sunday so more family can come). And I'm already feeling the need to get the house ready (like deep clean). Which is hard because of my tummy and my back, but is also way to early since I'd just have to do it (or have DH do it) all again next week. I guess I can at least make a list of things I want him to get done (his idea since he didn't want me to hire the maid service). I still need to make a menu. I feel so unorganized and unprepared this year

November 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. I don't even want to think of T-day. We were supposed to go visit my best friend for a couple nights- it's only 4 hours away but we decided it's not financially responsible right now (have to stay in a hotel because she has family visiting) etc. So, we're going to my brothers (which was originally our first choice anyway but they had plans that lucky for us fell through). But...I don't want to go because um food yuck. I'm so nauseous still and it just does not seem to want to go away any time soon. I'll be almost 19 weeks by then but I don't know that I'll feel better. This is really hard. I really thought the worst would be over now and that's why I planned my pregnancy for this time...if I'd known I was going to be sick for the holidays I probably would not have gotten pregnant.
November 21st, 2013, 07:04 AM
I hope you'll be able to enjoy some yummy food.

Ok, boobs. Who's still got sore boobs?

November 21st, 2013, 07:40 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No sore BBS here, but I have sore Underboobs. Lol. My bras are cutting into my skin underneath now. I need to go buy more, but don’t want to dish out the money just yet. Lol.
November 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah my bras were bothering me so bad I went and bought 1 new one yesterday (I like to buy 1 at a time so I can test them and see if I want more in that style, I have an issue with them cutting into my side boob area). I want to go to Victoria's since they tend to have ones that fit better for me, but we weren't by there recently so I settled for getting one from WM. Plus I got the extenders for the back to see if that means I can keep wearing my favorites a little longer.

November 25th, 2013, 04:30 AM
So DD and I had GS camp this weekend and upon finding out I have a baby in my tummy this little daisy (probably 5 or 6 at the most) asks if she can say hi to the baby. I said yes thinking she would touch my belly, but she was so cute. She came over waved at my belly and said 'hi'. On the subject of belly touching my long time friend and her girls came over on Friday to see my bump (they live hours away so we don't see them often) and give us a gift for the baby room. So before I even get a hug she immediately went to the belly and gave it a rub. It was to funny. I looked at her daughter and said 'did you see that, I didn't even get my hug yet'. So the daughter hugged me first, then touched the belly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search